Your Jedi in TSL

But when I was on another forum I actually seen someone post their fan fiction ...

... I still have nightmares ...

Heh...

The stuff I write isn't that bad, though the stuff I posted earlier isn't all that great. I sort of want to take it down, honestly, but I don't feel like flooding Adria with requests.

And the fic I wrote is pretty open-ended, allowing for just about anything to happen, and was something of a written teaser/trailer for the sequel. It was fairly fun to write.

That said, it isn't posted yet...

I have a pretty generic male character that I can use for just about any setting, and that may be what I use... but it sort of depends on how the character is written, the style of the writer's and the kinds of dialogue options available. I think I'll do a muscle-consular (high physical stats, but a consular) or a sentinel with as many skill points as I can stuff in 'em. Double silver, polished ivory hilt (totally unthinkable, but oh well).

I haven't clicked on that link because I'm at work and I'm scared to. Is it work safe?

It's to www.kotorfanfic.com. Completely clean. One of the fanfics is in fact from a Bioware employee who wrote some of the characters. David Gaider's 'Denouement' is that one. its on his fanfic page.

And as for the comment about fanfics full of Carth having sex, Raven... there's plenty of warning for dirty ones. A lot of ones aren't. Most aren't, in fact. Xenzen's Coming to Terms is a really good one there. As is 'The Shadows You Cast' from Winterfox. Coming to Terms is a little more 'bright', the latter is nasty. They don't 'love' the one who was 'redeemed' from being the Dark Lord in that one, in the least. And neither has anything to do with sex, in the least :p

"Good ones" is a VERY relative term, expecialy Gaider work

My comment about fan fiction comes from seeing a FR short story that was going to try to be in Dragon, it was a prime example of what NOT to do., after that I simply scroll down Fan Fiction that ends up posted.

drakron.png

fan fictions are mostly stupid. but there are exceptions, of course, but kotorfanfic.com is mainly garbage. i mean, all it contains are obsessed people who want to write sexual stories about the people from a video game, sick.....

After trying to ignore Hades_One's raving about blasters and various of opinions about fanfics, i would want to wield a doublebladed purple lightsaber, with a hilt that i customized myself.

I often see fanfics as an exercise of creativity in a contrained environment. It forces the writer not only adhere to the rules of a certain setting while at the same time make the writer force creativity in order to make it fresh and original. It is the stepping stone to real writing.

Also Blasters are more stylish than a stupid lightsaber.

In the original my darksider was a Scout/Consular girl (who will be killing Carth very soon). The lightsider was a Scoundrel/Sentinel man. Two sabers for both.

In this game I'll switch it around. Since in the beginning you will choose what happened on the last game I will do the opposite of the chracters tendencies on that ending. On my darkside ending I will have a lightside female Sentinel, likewise on the lightside ending it will be a darkside male Consular (I hope I can give him braids or a fro). They will use 2 lightsabrs the color I will decide when I play the game though they will be different for each chracter.

I will also do a third game in which I will make less one sided choices and see whjere I end up in the end.

Hades, a lightsaber is listed as an elegant weapon in comparison to the obviously more sloppy blaster.

Your arguments are tright and petty. They are also frequently regurgitated. You seem to try to declare yourself a liberal, but you are managing to give liberals a bad name if so.

You have stated that no one else can judge a game as good. If you think you are the only normal person in the world then what does that say about you.

The easy way to correct this would be for you to start a seperate forum with specific and rationalized complaints about KOTOR. Then you could work, using a basic thesis or something like that, to support your argument and debate it. Maybe someone might actually take you seriously. At the current rate, you will prove that merely speaking is above you intellectually before long. So far you have said one thing, the rest is just noise as you are not stating something new and are merely reiterating your argument to the point that you have debased it to garbage.

P.S. What does everyone have against 15 year olds in this forum?

Hades, a lightsaber is listed as an elegant weapon in comparison to the obviously more sloppy blaster.

P.S. What does everyone have against 15 year olds in this forum?

He knows, and that is his OPINION as regurgitated and trite as it may be...Ignore him as some others do, or loosen up and enjoy the bloody good fun that ensues...that's what I do...btw, why the hell are you mentioning 15 year olds? Did I miss something?

It is also obvious to me that you don't know many blasters and rifles of the Star Wars universe.

One of the best Blaster Rifles, in effective stopping power and elegance is Prax Arms Model AXM-50 "Blast and Smash" It was a strong Blaster Rifle with a micro-grenade launcher hooked underbarrel style. Typical clip for the blaster was 250 shots while the micro grenade s came in clips of 30. Good amount of damage and versitility.

Lets see your Jedi deflect indirect fire.

Another blaster of unique and elegant design is SoroSuub's bual barrelled Bi-Polar blaster carbine. It is two blaster barrels that generate opposite ploarity blaster bolts. Whe the two bolts stike the same target resulting connection creates a large energetic reaction. Even if the Jedi deflect one the second bolt is coming in too quick for a second deflection slamming into the Jedi.

Blasters can be very elegant and very useful. :D

I would take my lightsaber up against your blaster any day of the week. In fact, I would let you have the first shot. Blasters may look cool, but they are utterly inferior to a highly trained Jedi or Sith with well-honed saber skills.

Except that idiot in Attack of the Clones that flew down at Dooku and was shot 7 times by Jango Fett.

In a New Hope, Obi Wan says that sabers are more sophisticated or elegant than the crude blaster. A saber takes more skill to use whereas everyone uses blasters. Sabers are a symbol of the jedi.

Of course he would say that. He's bias.

Force Power's were really awesome when you first learned about them. Luke did a lot of fancy acrobatics which were pretty spiffy in ep. 6, and vader threw objects at Luke in ep. 5. The pinnacle was Palpatine's Force Lightning in Episode 6. From there, though, we get the fight between the Jedi master's in Ep. 2 and the Darth Maul fight in Episode 1. Then we have endless use of Doube-sided lightsaber's and two lightsabers at once, which sort of destroys the original meaning of the dueling that happened, and thus a lot of the (original) interesting part of lightsabers. We also have lame Force-Wave spamming in KotOR I. It's still good, but after all that, none of it means nearly as much. Instead of going bigger and better, they should have gone for quality and variation - but there you have it.

There's still some good, which is why I enjoy it - but who doesn't like the idea of traditional dueling more?

I still like all this Star Wars Jedi stuff, don't get me wrong - but it's really easy to over-do it. A lot of Star Wars - based stuff is just reusing content from the traditional canon, and overusing it.

In the game, how many Force Wave's do you cast as a Jedi Consular lightside? Too many to count.

I don't think they should go all vitality points. I think there should be some leeway - like maybe you have 20(maybe 60 at high levels for a consular) force points, and past that uses vitality points.

Then we have the more-than-one saber trend. It's over-used; the reason it's overused is that everyone wants to feel special. This also follows the rash of DnD dual-scimitars.

If you ask me, there should be very specific skill and feat requirements for dual-wielding of any sort.

Awareness skills, force manipulation skills, and feats should be there. It also makes sense that you should master one blade before you master two - thus the dueling feat should be a requirement.

Dual pistols are common, and I think the current rules work just fine for that.

Well, anyway - I certainly don't expect the dev's will use any of this, but I wanted to see what people thought of what I said. I've already started a permutation of various rules system, and I plan on implementing these thoughts.

I'll use my "Blast and Smash" and tear up your Jedi with indirect fire from the grenade launcher.  Use your lightsaber all you want, you can't deflect High explosives and concussion shockwaves.  BWAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAA!  :ph34r:

Force Choke, Force Jump, Force Push, Force Lightning...

Of course you think that this would be a straight up fight. You sniper a Jedi/Sith force user.

Force Power's were really awesome when you first learned about them.  Luke did a lot of fancy acrobatics which were pretty spiffy in ep. 6, and vader threw objects at Luke in ep. 5.  The pinnacle was Palpatine's Force Lightning in Episode 6.  From there, though, we get the fight between the Jedi master's in Ep. 2 and the Darth Maul fight in Episode 1.  Then we have endless use of Doube-sided lightsaber's and two lightsabers at once, which sort of destroys the original meaning of the dueling that happened, and thus a lot of the (original) interesting part of lightsabers.  We also have lame Force-Wave spamming in KotOR I.  It's still good, but after all that, none of it means nearly as much. Instead of going bigger and better, they should have gone for quality and variation - but there you have it. 

Dude, you totally forgot about Force choke... :):p:lol::lol:

Hades: There is always the force, and what a powerful ally it is...