Your Jedi in TSL

Force Heal doesn't regenerate flesh. If you lose an arm you cannot use Force Heal to grow it back. It accelerates the normal healing rate of the Jedi, not make it do what it cannot do normally.

Also a Jedi reflexes cannot block or avoid indirect fire such as a grenade.

One big issue I have is there are NO FORCE POWERS, force users simply use the force and no "I cast Force Heal".

In other words all force powers sould be avaible, SW:KotOR handled it very poorly since the lure of the darkside for a force user is how simply is to use the force to his own advantage, to use his hate to fuel his own force powers.

That is why jedi and force users in general have a problem, they have to think about how to use the force in a situation instead of going over their spellbook.

drakron.png

What?  I have to list every single force power?  You spam force powers in the game, that's my point.  It should be improved so force use feels more special, or at least more strategic.

Calm down...Take a deep breath...I got your point, and no you don't have to list every force power, it just seemed odd you forgot to mention force choke that's all...it all was a joke, so calm down...

Hades, you are overlooking what makes the force users special and powerful. They have ways to succeed in seemingly impossible situations. The force guides them. Their danger sense makes snipers virtually useless (dodging). You also seem to have forgotten about sabers that can deflect sniper fire. You make the point that sheer number of bolts can overpower the jedi, but sniper fire isn't usually the less accurate massive amount of fire. BTW, if you fight Corran Horn anyway you've suggested, just lay down and die now. About grenades, danger sense gets the jedi jumping and out of the way. They can also throw the grenades right back down your throat using telekinesis before they explode. Or they can pull a Corran Horn and you have one supercharged jedi infront of you.

Wouldn't the situation have more to do with the individuals involved? How powerful the Jedi and how good the Non-Jedi/sniper was. Some Jedi could survive,others could not. Not to mention then environment also plays a big role in the situation. If Jedi were all powerful they'd never get killed by anyone who wasn't one(dark light whatever.) And if they were that easy to kill then they wouldn't have been used to protect the Old Republic.

Jedi can be killed, but it usually takes more than one sniper. Also, despite Hades' convictions, a detonator is not a guarenteed kill. Even weak jedi can be extremely compotenet if they surrender themselves to the force (that darth maul book where he killed this apprentice and her master).

Ok, jedi runs away, pulls your weapons, tries to push the rockets, makes them collide. Dodging and running is probably the best method. Or they pull a corran horn and force the thing to explode on them. Then you have a supercharged and pissed jedi.

Mods are nice, but being able to do this without a mod would be better. :D

Thanks for the link though, Ghostie. :)

no prob :lol:

I'm actually playing through as a level 16 scout right now. Jamoh Hogra's armor and everything (not the strongest armor, but it's got a different design than most of the others).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

One big issue I have is there are NO FORCE POWERS, force users simply use the force and no "I cast Force Heal".

In other words all force powers sould be avaible, SW:KotOR handled it very poorly since the lure of the darkside for a force user is how simply is to use the force to his own advantage, to use his hate to fuel his own force powers.

That is why jedi and force users in general have a problem, they have to think about how to use the force in a situation instead of going over their spellbook.

This makes sense but it is difficult to implement in a game.

I would be happy if they imposed limits on what powers you could use depending on your points, if you were High DS you would be restricted from using most light force powers and vice versa, this would make your choices matter more in my opinion. The force point penalties were worthless in KotOR.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.