Picture of Your Games the 16th

HoonDing

I've been working my charms on Wilhelmina and, judging by how she's blushing, it certainly seems to be paying off:

2054970-20240406142432-1.png

She's perhaps the only character you can romance in the game, the only one I know of for sure. You can befriend just about anybody and get them to really like you and they will act differently toward you, greet you differently, instead of a neutral generic greeting they may say something like "Hey, great seeing you again, I hope you're doing well." It's not a huge deal but I love that kind of reactivity in games. They'll even sometimes give you gifts and if they're shopkeepers they'll give you a discount. You can also go to the brothel and hook up with one of the ladies or gentlemen of the night there and get a really short sexy time cutscene. It will cost you 20K gold, though, so that better be some incredible sex for that kind of money. With Wilhelmina you can have a full-fledged romance, though. There's an entire quest chain for it. I don't know what the quest chain involves I only read up on it as far as knowing when to start the quest chain because there is a narrow window of "time" (in between a couple of specific main story missions) in the game when you can initiate the romance, so once I got that information I stopped reading to avoid spoilers. I haven't quite reached that point yet because I've been doing a lot of side content, but I'm close and in the meantime I worked my charms on her to get her affinity up to maximum. The blushing is this game's indicator of maximum affinity. At the end of the quest chain is presumably some hot steamy sex, eat your heart out @BruceVC :brows:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

^ What game is that? It looks like a metroidvania of some sort.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

8 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I've been working my charms on Wilhelmina and, judging by how she's blushing, it certainly seems to be paying off:

2054970-20240406142432-1.png

She's perhaps the only character you can romance in the game, the only one I know of for sure. You can befriend just about anybody and get them to really like you and they will act differently toward you, greet you differently, instead of a neutral generic greeting they may say something like "Hey, great seeing you again, I hope you're doing well." It's not a huge deal but I love that kind of reactivity in games. They'll even sometimes give you gifts and if they're shopkeepers they'll give you a discount. You can also go to the brothel and hook up with one of the ladies or gentlemen of the night there and get a really short sexy time cutscene. It will cost you 20K gold, though, so that better be some incredible sex for that kind of money. With Wilhelmina you can have a full-fledged romance, though. There's an entire quest chain for it. I don't know what the quest chain involves I only read up on it as far as knowing when to start the quest chain because there is a narrow window of "time" (in between a couple of specific main story missions) in the game when you can initiate the romance, so once I got that information I stopped reading to avoid spoilers. I haven't quite reached that point yet because I've been doing a lot of side content, but I'm close and in the meantime I worked my charms on her to get her affinity up to maximum. The blushing is this game's indicator of maximum affinity. At the end of the quest chain is presumably some hot steamy sex, eat your heart out @BruceVC :brows:

If it is anything like DDDA, you can actually "romance" anyone. Though, as you said, random NPCs have less story content than the main ones. Curious if the issue with the duchess (forgot her name) and the lack of dialogue options was solved.

Spoiler

The thing was that there was an unavoidable fade-to-black sex scene with the duchess which was both poorly timed (you needed to get the unwise teenager out of the castle before she was executed) and pretty much out-of-character, unless you were aiming for the duchess, who was incredibly, ridiculously unwise and looked a bit too young.

Unironically, the best beloved from the gameplay standpoint was

Spoiler

Fournival. Him being at the starting village, right next to the BBI boat and the Ur-Dragon portal, was very convenient. And he had a lot of Conqueror's Periapts.

From the story perspective, there were several options with some quest lines, including the best friend, the travelling merchants, the knights, and the witch.

---

Stray Blade

The companion drags the MC's body to the checkpoints for revival. I have not noticed any negative consequences for dying - only unfinished groups of enemies recover, which is very convenient for upgrading weapons.
I1IWv99.png

The "Enemies Cleared" message means that the foes will remain dead.
9q2lZSw.png

Edited by Hawke64
Used quotes instead of spoiler tags.
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I asked Duck Duck Go who Siruby is, and it replied she was the cyborg protagonist of this game:

Transiruby, available on Steam, Switch, Xbox, Playstation 

But not GOG?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

13 hours ago, Keyrock said:

As @melkathi said, this is Transiruby. It's a nice metroidvania, although a simple and easy one. And no, it's not available on GOG.

5XXQIbBP_o.jpg

xVYZd5Qs_o.jpg

mswjwj66_o.jpg

TIjsjpCY_o.jpg

NjVDKKnQ_o.jpg

2x7Pw7Bl_o.jpg

The bike form was an interesting idea, but they should've made large horizontal areas to truly make use of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sign.jpg

11 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

If it is anything like DDDA, you can actually "romance" anyone. Though, as you said, random NPCs have less story content than the main ones. 

Yeah, I interpret my relationships with random minor characters I've raised to maximum affinity as we're really good friends because there's no kiss or sexy time scene. However they do blush and they act really really friendly toward you at max affinity so interpreting that as a romance is not unreasonable, you can read as much or as little into it as you like. With Wilhelmina there is no ambiguity, it's absolutely a romance that ends with a steamy night of passion. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

Seriously, you people could have warned me that this was THAT kind of game

mAtt3u9.png

What kind of mod did you install? :p

I've never seen that, but I don't capture many prisoners.

No mod. You can buy a barber set to give to prisoners to increase loyalty. It basically let's you alter their appearance a bit (hair, facial hair).

The concept is that you have male prisoners and you let them shave, showing them you trust them with a small blade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

wWIKh0E.png

So now I have a Phalanx Soldier. Also in the process of converting a Foot Soldier. Same skillset but sword&board instead of spear.

• Like 3

The new Momodora looks gorgeous. I really like the colour design.

(If there are no posts made here in the next few hours, I will add my Stray Blade screenshots to this post).

Lore entries:

Spoiler

BNWE2O3.png

UmbUMqN.png

FQkWDwC.png

gFTtJIf.png

xpKwlEv.png

55aM2a3.png

mBB1WcZ.png

Well, this was actually sad.
1cDkn1i.png

AcT2bl5.png

Bosses:

Spoiler

KFX9naM.png

ZsHxOQU.png

KwRtRLp.png

SEMBH8P.png

gBeaXgO.png

5wr5MLo.png

DiwAkZp.png

The 2D art looks very nice.
P4JByMH.png

91id24w.png

WDJICir.png

Not quite "Ring two bells, gather four Lord Souls", but close.
JwoECDs.png

That's exactly what we have been doing.
XKoq8Ag.png

Got the full assassin-like armour and dual daggers. The daggers did not quite work with the combat system.
OPmUI2o.png

The halberd, though, was a marvel.
R8xoJOb.png

1qn5AS3.png

DXI56hs.png

Found one Green faction mini-boss in the Blue faction area.
270pjhL.png

Ironically, these regular foes felt more challenging than the bosses. Too few too short openings.
dcrnDVX.png

Here my FPS dropped to 20. Which is odd, considering the number of polygons I was seeing.
3Ykr07v.png

This can be said about pretty much any old ruins.
YALWo9p.png

rWDtE8D.png

Edited by Hawke64
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Patron - "My CPU might tank at 2000 total population."
I was wrong. It's getting close to 3k now with close to half of the map covered and if fully zoomed out it's at 28-30fps (still very playable, a little sluggish if scrolling quickly), at middleish zoom it's 45-50fps. So maybe at ... 4.5-5K then? 😛 I can't get any good pictures of whole thing tho because even with photomode, the draw distance is so limited that if you fly upward to try to include more than 1/4 of current spread, everything undraws/disappears.

Should be noted that I use a small Steam workshop mod that massively  increases warehouse storage. Otherwise you'd end up covering half the map just with stupid warehouses. Pfft. The gold mines/mints are broken if you make tons of them - at this point I could delete all the farms for more houses and just buy all food and stuff.

Patron-0019c.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Stray Blade

Lore:

Spoiler

sr5a1Yq.png

rANf8dG.png

s8Pg1Bg.png

Bosses (including the final one):

Spoiler

bmDVlF8.png

The arena was quite lovely.
0CBENne.png

The boss, with almost all attacks sending me flying, was not.
LVneNBc.png

Attempt #1.
jIKoT3I.png

Several tries after I noticed that I needed to hit her once again after this, which was not used anywhere else in the game and was not obvious.
vyjyfMN.png

6PBMjYS.png

The sword had the best hyper armour - I could just stand and swing without being interrupted.
kf1obyu.png

In terms of navigation, the companion and the wall marks proved to be more reliable for the main quest. The map and the compass were less helpful.
oNeNpP5.png

jOz6cs6.png

mbPVCKl.png

7vDJBLj.png

puCMvM4.png

nsoro8s.png

HmfMDRY.png

PMBt6wa.png

M7cDzqC.png

yoC9zbc.png

The end-game and the ending:

Spoiler

This one was actually funny. Primarily due to its irrelevance to the MC's objective. If we had to slaughter every last descendant of the local population in order to save the valley from these invading descendants, so be it.
BhFLkCp.png

I have not explored the previously-visited areas after this point, but the locations might have changed.
TXXUIUA.png

The half-transparent figures hurt.
1C4HGI0.png

I expected him to be the final boss, but was not sure about the context.
Q2gk7DN.png

The health bar was huge. Which meant that trading hits was not a good option.
cwgpxIw.png

Fortunately, the difficulty settings ensured that even if I was inclined to be done with the game one way or the other, I got to see the ending (decreased the HP of all foes by 50%, their damage output or poise were unchanged).
I7DtWky.png

XcJ1OcV.png

3lZZM6j.png

Well, at least the warning was clear.
hdGp2f2.png

• Like 2

I would guess average modern town/colony builders end things/want to start over somewhere around here. Maybe more tightly packed houses. I've been kinda all over the place building those.

Patron-0020.jpg

And then there's the people like me. Sadly I don't think PC will allow filling map entire. That's still only maybe 2/3. At around 3300population now.
Patron-0021.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts