Ukraine Conflict - conflict continues

HoonDing

7 hours ago, Malcador said:

Are you really surprised about the outcome? You know, there was already someone who received safety guarantees from Russia not long ago, and we can see how it all turned out 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Those Wagner soldiers are true mercenaries...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66023631

"The bald waste of space destroyed Wagner PMC with his own hands. And screwed everyone he could," fumed one online poster claiming to be a Wagner fighter on a Telegram channel with 200,000 followers.

Mark Krutov, a journalist with the RFE/RL outlet's Russian Service, has access to the Telegram group chats used by relatives of Wagner fighters. He shared some of their messages with the BBC.

"They were simply betrayed," one women wrote. "I trusted Prigozhin, but what he did is dishonourable."

"He shouldn't have done this. This is pure betrayal," agreed another user.

Edit: Just to clarify, people are upset that he betrayed Wagner, not Russia

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There were rumors that he stole some nuclear weapons a few days ago, which I kinda doubt, but who knows. In any case, it reminded me so much of Metal Gear Solid, it's almost funny. Looks like I wasn't the only one.

Spoiler

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/002/611/049/518.jpg

• Haha 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The Waaagh! is on.... there can be only one Warboss

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

There were rumors that he stole some nuclear weapons a few days ago, which I kinda doubt, but who knows. In any case, it reminded me so much of Metal Gear Solid, it's almost funny. Looks like I wasn't the only one.

Hide contents

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/002/611/049/518.jpg

Yes I doubt thats true 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Gorth said:

Those Wagner soldiers are true mercenaries...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66023631

"The bald waste of space destroyed Wagner PMC with his own hands. And screwed everyone he could," fumed one online poster claiming to be a Wagner fighter on a Telegram channel with 200,000 followers.

Mark Krutov, a journalist with the RFE/RL outlet's Russian Service, has access to the Telegram group chats used by relatives of Wagner fighters. He shared some of their messages with the BBC.

"They were simply betrayed," one women wrote. "I trusted Prigozhin, but what he did is dishonourable."

"He shouldn't have done this. This is pure betrayal," agreed another user.

Edit: Just to clarify, people are upset that he betrayed Wagner, not Russia

But what did these  Wagner soldiers  expect, that a group of war criminals, mercenaries and convicts were going to run a country?

Im sure they are angry but its better than being annihilated 

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah I'm surprised at how many people were shocked that Wagner gave up so easily.  It's not like Caesar's time where an army with shortswords and longshields can just march to the capitol.  In modern times, the very second you are cut off from vital supplies like ammunition, you are done for, no matter how badass your army is.  Military genius, Prigozhin is not. 8)

And so the inevitable purge starts after the failed insurrection, quicker than I thought but completely expected 

• Gasp! 1

John Milton 

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

And so the inevitable purge starts after the failed insurrection, quicker than I thought but completely expected 

What happened to Putins open window policy?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Critical condition? Not dead? See, now they'll have to put a pillow over his face in his hospital bed.

Man, Putin cannot even off his political enemies competently anymore. What's Russia coming to?!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kanisatha said:

Man, Putin cannot even off his political enemies competently anymore. What's Russia coming to?!

Hopefully back to the good old days!

https://www.newsweek.com/russian-communists-moscow-oust-putin-war-1776752

The Communists represent a reasonable balance between Putinism and Navalnyism.  The problem in Russia is the same problem as in the USA, with strong state security measures influencing elections in the direction they want at the ballot box.  Also Putin remains incredibly popular and trying to get rural people to support the CPRF is like trying to get rural Americans to support anyone who isn't a Trump-Republican.  Rural people can be just as bad as urban people in they can't seem to pry themselves away from their simplistic one dimensional etched in stone worldview.

Edited by ComradeYellow

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2023/06/28/russian-general-arrested-following-wagner-mutiny-mt-russian-a81685

Well, Gerasimov's job is safe, good news for Ukraine, I suppose

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 hours ago, Malcador said:

Lovely, purge competent generals and and senior military staff. It benefits Ukraine :thumbsup:

John Milton 

Interesting analysis, theorycrafting and a little bit of speculation about the consequences of Prigozhin’s insurgency.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

6 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Lovely, purge competent generals and and senior military staff. It benefits Ukraine :thumbsup:

Depends on who comes up after him, may be competent, but overall that's not really going to matter much for Ukraine winning eventually.  That said, I'm not sure the competence of Russian Generals is really being judged all that fairly by most.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Malcador said:

I really dont like to joke about things like this, if this invasion taught us anything its that you cant put anything past the Russians and what they may or may not do around military strategy or outcomes

John Milton 

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2023-07-05-zuma-to-represent-belarus-at-zimbabwe-conference-on-trade-in-african-carbon-credits/

I cant think of a  more pointless and bizarre  decision  than this, Jacob Zuma our former disgraced corrupt president is representing Belarus in some sort  of carbon credit conference in Zimbabwe. This was the president who was deeply complicate in State Capture from 2010-2017 that cost us hundreds of billions of rands and shattered most of our SOE due to corruption  and general accountability and governance  within the public sector

Clearly Belarus is not taking this conference seriously :grin:

John Milton 

BBC is airing the possibility that Wagner is moving 8000 troops to Belarus. Possibly near the Polish border. A case of plausible deniability if they move over the border and help Polish "Freedom Fighters" take the fight to the Nazi government in Warsaw?

Lukashenko on the other hand claims Prigozhin is back in Russia.

Not that I trust either (BBC emphasizing it's unconfirmed) and Lukashenko I wouldn't trust further than the distance could be pushed out of a third floor window...

Neither is likely yet both could be true if Lukashenko "appropriated" Wagner and sent Prigozhin to Moscow as a birthday present to Putin.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gorth said:

Possibly near the Polish border. A case of plausible deniability if they move over the border and help Polish "Freedom Fighters" take the fight to the Nazi government in Warsaw?

Or just a good way to make NATO go on alert needlessly.  But really, those troops would most likely be used on Belarusians before NATO.

Edited by Malcador