Ukraine Conflict - conflict continues

HoonDing

Now that we are talking about PMCs, IIRC, around that time it was said, that even Shoigu has founded army of his own. around the fall of Soledar, there was also reported a feud between Wagner and another PMC (I think Wolves).

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

2 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Now that we are talking about PMCs, IIRC, around that time it was said, that even Shoigu has founded army of his own. around the fall of Soledar, there was also reported a feud between Wagner and another PMC (I think Wolves).

Even Gazprom has their own PMC group since a while. It's a bunch of neo-feudal lords now.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

4 of 6 ZNPP power units are reportedly mined. According to UA intelligence

11 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

4 of 6 ZNPP power units are reportedly mined. According to UA intelligence

Do you think this is credible, after the Ruskies blew up the dam anything is possible and it worries me immensely 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This Tweet makes some good points about the nature of the insurrection 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

33 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Do you think this is credible, after the Ruskies blew up the dam anything is possible and it worries me immensely 

I do think it's credible, although you didn't ask me. Apparently, though, there's also this, whether it has meaning or not:

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I am thinking they are stretching what "near" means, have to scare people. Blue Team never lies though, etc. ,etc.

https://www.iaea.org/newscenter/pressreleases/update-167-iaea-director-general-statement-on-situation-in-ukraine

"The IAEA is aware of reports of mines having been placed near the cooling pond. No mines were observed at the site during the Director General’s visit, including the cooling pond. However, the IAEA is aware of previous placement of mines outside the plant perimeter, which the Agency has previously reported, and also at particular places inside - which security personnel at the plant explained were for defensive purposes. “Our assessment of those particular placements was that while the presence of any explosive device is not in line with safety standards, the main safety functions of the facility would not be significantly affected. We are following the issue with great attention,” Director General Grossi said."

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

13 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

I do think it's credible, although you didn't ask me. Apparently, though, there's also this, whether it has meaning or not:

When I ask a question its to everyone and the poster. So yes your opinion is always welcome 

John Milton 

14 minutes ago, Malcador said:

I am thinking they are stretching what "near" means, have to scare people. Blue Team never lies though, etc. ,etc.

https://www.iaea.org/newscenter/pressreleases/update-167-iaea-director-general-statement-on-situation-in-ukraine

"The IAEA is aware of reports of mines having been placed near the cooling pond. No mines were observed at the site during the Director General’s visit, including the cooling pond. However, the IAEA is aware of previous placement of mines outside the plant perimeter, which the Agency has previously reported, and also at particular places inside - which security personnel at the plant explained were for defensive purposes. “Our assessment of those particular placements was that while the presence of any explosive device is not in line with safety standards, the main safety functions of the facility would not be significantly affected. We are following the issue with great attention,” Director General Grossi said."

Good to hear, that makes me feel better 

John Milton 

43 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Good to hear, that makes me feel better 

Well it shouldn't, is just my guess.  They can always hold on to that as their escalation step.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Reminder, last time it turned out that Ukraine actually did attack the ZNPP* despite claiming it was Russia shelling themselves, they just made an absolute hash of it.

With the dam gone they will be able to drive most of the way there and get direct fire support instead of having to use RIBs and artillery only.

*The Times article itself only seems to show up on DDG with a dead link, hence linking via a 3rd party article.

25 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Well it shouldn't, is just my guess.  They can always hold on to that as their escalation step.

How much time has passed since the IAEA made their observation?

29 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Reminder, last time it turned out that Ukraine actually did attack the ZNPP* despite claiming it was Russia shelling themselves, they just made an absolute hash of it.

With the dam gone they will be able to drive most of the way there and get direct fire support instead of having to use RIBs and artillery only.

*The Times article itself only seems to show up on DDG with a dead link, hence linking via a 3rd party article.

Oh yeah, that’s why the Russian officials tried to do such a show, that the shells did not fly from Russian occupied territories but from Ukraine, but just before the impact, it did 180, to falsely frame them, right?

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-official-tells-inspectors-rocket-uturned-before-hitting-ukraine-plant-2022-9?op=1

• Like 3

14 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

Snip

I'm hearing a lot of similar things in St Petersburg and Khabarovsk. In fact, I was somewhat bothered to hear how well things seem to be going in Russia for literally every one of my in-law's friends, acquaintances, and entire extended network knows. They were practically bragging about how little impact the war and the sanctions have had.

I definitely wouldn't count on a revolution anytime soon. 

Edited by ShadySands
  • Sad 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

3 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

How much time has passed since the IAEA made their observation?

They have people on site, probably 3 days as the statement is dated.  But was to say the Ukrainians aren't lying, but just exaggerating, the best kind of dishonesty there is.  This isn't the first time they've warned everyone about the ZNPP - I recall ISW mentioning it daily a couple of months ago as well, heh.

Not usually the biggest fan of our local papers' political cartoonists, but I love their one today with Prigozhin crossing the Rubicon and doing an immediate U-turn back to the other side. Alea iacta fuerat, or something.

Of course they immediately lost my goodwill by making it impossible to link to directly...

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I'm hearing a lot of similar things in St Petersburg and Khabarovsk. In fact, I was somewhat bothered to hear how well things seem to be going in Russia for literally every one of my in-law's friends, acquaintances, and entire extended network knows. They were practically bragging about how little impact the war and the sanctions have had.

That's sad to hear.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't count on a revolution anytime, no matter what. The passivization (sorry) of the people has gone on for so long and has been so effective. Btw, for anyone interested, A People's Tragedy -- The Russian Revolution by the historian Orlando Figes could provide some pertinent and horrifying reading.

5 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I am interested, are these people that support Putin and the invasion?

John Milton 

13 hours ago, Malcador said:

the presence of any explosive device is not in line with safety standards

Give this man a job in HR! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just glimpsed through a new report written by a correspondent in China. Two new things for me, the first of which I hadn't even thought of: 1) China is really quite worried about any potential lack of stability in Russia, and did not like Prigozhin's little party trick at all, 2) People within the Chinese army are quite frustrated with Russia and absolutely shocked by how poor the Russian army has turned out to be -- and, by extension, there is now a growing worry about how good the Chinese army actually is.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Just glimpsed through a new report written by a correspondent in China. Two new things for me, the first of which I hadn't even thought of: 1) China is really quite worried about any potential lack of stability in Russia, and did not like Prigozhin's little party trick at all, 2) People within the Chinese army are quite frustrated with Russia and absolutely shocked by how poor the Russian army has turned out to be -- and, by extension, there is now a growing worry about how good the Chinese army actually is.

Im not surprised the Chinese are unhappy with Prigozhin's failed insurrection, that would be unthinkable in China and it also shatters the myth of Putins indomitable control of Russia and support for his leadership. Its difficult to believe in a BRICS led  world order when your key partner is involved in a protracted war with no clear end in sight and then you see what Prigozhin did ....the Chinese like stability and consistency and the reality in Russia doesnt reflect that 

John Milton 

10 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Do you have the link?

John Milton