Been away for years, are the old posters still around?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 5:27 AM, Lord_Mord said:

I'm here. Once or twice in a year. It will be more often, when Pillars 3 is on the horizon.

Is there really a Pillars 3? 

Also I wasn't on these boards in the old days, but I'm a poster, and I'm old, so...

Edited by Shai Hulud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shai Hulud said:

Is there really a Pillars 3? 

I saw Josh twittering that he has still time to decide on his next project (after pentiment's successful release). So maybe we'll know more in the upcoming months :) Obviously it depends on how much people are currently working on the other large rgp projects Avowed and Outer Worlds 2.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/27/2024 at 11:23 AM, Lord_Mord said:

Still here. Still waiting for PoE3. If it is not coming soon, we will have to make it ourselves.

Let's start with the ship battles and relationship system, must keeps going forward right?

nowt

Yeah, why not? We will pick up someone for the graphics along the way. I'm a frontend developer, but understand next to nothing about current game engines, so can we make it web based?

• Haha 1

---

We're all doomed

Hi colleague, I'm a full stack developer ;) If you wanna make a ships and relationship based game I think there's no problem with a web based engine; but if you wanna make a PoE3 style game with also isometric graphic, there's no way you can manage it inside a browser unless you demand many calculations to a server, but I still doubt you can.

• Haha 1

lol. I know, that was a joke.

On the other hand... given the expected progress of this endeavour, I think it is save to assume that browser engines by then will be able to manage UE5 level stuff.

• Like 1

---

We're all doomed

Browser can mange UE5, but a thing is "manage", another is "running properly". And PoE have some issues which stressed the Cpu even now on a whole OS, I can't imagine in a browser 😄
But with some optimizations I guess we will see such games in a browser without backend servers... taking in account maybe you can achieve a PoE simil game just now with UE5 and backend servers, maybe.