What are you Playing Now? - Games don't make you violent, lag does

Milestone number 5 :)

May 27, 16:30 – Today, after 1 and half year long break from the game, I have finally decided to finish off the requisites for Torpedo Buster achievement in GOG copy of Rebel Galaxy, which was the last missing achievement to 100% the game. It took me only about half hour to shoot down last 180 torpedoes, so I am now kind of wondering, why I have not finished it long time ago 😄.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

9 hours ago, melkathi said:

I thought you were a malkavian.

Did Nines not tell you to run?

And didn't you say to Damsel that you ignore other numbers but to nines you listen? 

Or is that line later?

Nothing you just said made any sense to me (except that yes, I am a Malkavian), so I'm going to go with "that's later", :p. I don't even know whom Nines is yet.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

25 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Nothing you just said made any sense to me (except that yes, I am a Malkavian), so I'm going to go with "that's later", :p. I don't even know whom Nines is yet.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Ok, I may be mixing up the order of events :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

95% sure that conversation is from Downtown? But it's been a fair while since I've played...

Spoiler

And is about the encounter with the werewolf, at the gondola. I can't even remember having an opportunity to fight the werewolf earlier than that, so I kind of presumed he was talking about that feral brujah in the wreckers yard you get as a quest. Which was a very hard fight if you were combat underspecced.

Technically of course you meet Nines in the prologue since he stops your execution, but I'm not sure he's introduced then by name. Pretty sure old watshisface, exposition central... Jack, mentions him when talking about the political situation too.

Done Mafia 3, the bounty missions were boring but that's done.  Now free to do nothing until D4, I guess. Or maybe something productive

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I completed both the Fighting Fantasy Legends and the Deathtrap Dungeon Trilogy, these games are from the same studio Nomad. They  good fun but very different to Warlock of Firetop Mountain

These games use a set top down view of maps with a RNG type mechanic for encounters and its straight dice for combat and all other encounters

They have a clever and interesting way of progressing, when you gain XP you can either upgrade your skill or luck dice with an additional success marking. Normal dice have 1 lucky marking out of 6 sides but  with upgrades you have up to 3 success marks per dice 

Both games have  similar enemies and themes and overall quests to the Fighting Fantasy books and that was appreciated and nostalgic 

They get a solid 60/100 on the globally praised " BruceVC game rating system " 🥂

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Replayed Weird West (demo) and went directly to the husband's location after the opening cut-scene. It was possible to get through without skills or weapons, though the lack of lockpicks led to the need to find the keys (1 key, to be fair) which were in the pockets of mini-bosses. So I had to circle and knock the targets out one by one and drag them into the bushes. In the other area it was a bit harder to cross unnoticed, but running, rolling, and jumping were sufficient to get away from the foes who could not jump. They could go the default way to my destination, but their attention span was short enough to forget about me. It was just the wind, after all.
Also, found a Dishonored easter egg.

Spoiler

Corvo's corpse under the bridge to the husband's cage.

I played the Alone in the Dark Prologue. It's a free demo, and a rather short one at that, it's like 10 minutes or so. It ran fine, for the most part. There was 1 brief moment where the framerate tanked HARD for a couple seconds, otherwise it ran well enough. Impressive array of graphical options for a demo, though no FOV slider, hopefully they add that for the full game. The demo appears to be locked to 60 FPS, hopefully that changes for the full game. There is an option to turn VSync on and off and another option to set the FPS cap (up to 144) or unlock it, but nothing I did could get the framerate above 60.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Planet of Lana: a beautiful hand painted platformer. There are no combats and you solve most puzzles with the help of a cat-monkey creature. Saw a "full walkthrough" video on YouTube that was a little over 3 hours long. So it's probably a really short game. I have played just a little, but I'm enjoying it so far.

• Thanks 2

sign.jpg

10 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

Planet of Lana: a beautiful hand painted platformer.

Yeah, I downloaded it and it wait to be fired up. From what I understand it is Limbo/Inside kinda of a game - more about tight experience than gameplay. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2023 at 5:04 AM, Gorth said:

It was very interesting playing as a Malkavian. I still have a score to settle with the stop sign.

That being said, my second most favourite playthrough was Nosferatu. After the luxury or ordinary safe houses of the other clans (it was my fifth play through of the game), getting a sewer pipe as your new home was a bit of a downer 😂

Nozzie playthrough was fantastic. All reactions from everyone and sarcastic responses to them were priceless, Andrei the Tzimisce and food critic in particular, oh and also Fat Larry. :biggrin: Kinda weak combat-wise though, but then I always cheat in that final boring combat strech, so eh, whatevz. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

Yeah, I downloaded it and it wait to be fired up. From what I understand it is Limbo/Inside kinda of a game - more about tight experience than gameplay. 

Those tend to be love or hate games for me. Mostly hate, if Gris/Inside/Limbo are any indication. If your gameplay is going to be totally brainless, you better hit on just about everything else.

VtMB: I've now made it to Downtown, and I now know who Nines is. I'm currently helping a cannibal vampire lady eat a very obnoxious reporter. There weren't many opportunities to meaningfully lose Humanity in the first hub of the game (indeed, I had left Santa Monica literally maxed out on Humanity), but I see we're starting out strong here.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Those tend to be love or hate games for me. Mostly hate, if Gris/Inside/Limbo are any indication. If your gameplay is going to be totally brainless, you better hit on just about everything else.

The puzzles are quite easy. Maybe some will require some time to understand what can be done in this game particularly, but don't expect much. The story is pretty simple too, shouldn't have the "Story Rich" label imo.

But the game is beautiful and I don't regret buying it.

• Thanks 2

sign.jpg

From "Light Clothing"...

firefox_gPvewFCdPX.png

...to "Heavy Clothing"...

firefox_z539zBy65U.png

Oh, of course, because I didn't already look like a streetwalker in the cheerleader outfit, now I'm straight up tasteless too! I'm gonna ice that Fat Larry (note: that is his actual name) bastard that sold me this garbage. And I just checked, the next armor upgrade somehow manages to look even worse...I knew I should've been a Ventrue: all her clothing options are dope (especially the "Light Leather" armor), while it looks like I'm going to have to stick with this skimpy cheerleader outfit the entire stinking game. Why did being insane have to mean not being able to wear any decent clothing - maybe she has sensory issues and can't handle it...or maybe she just straight up doesn't care what she wears or even mind being scammed? Well, I do, so I guess I wasn't cut out to be a Malkavian after all. Bah humbug!

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Eh, the (stripper) police uniform gets better 😛

Yeah, that was what I was talking about when I said "the next armor upgrade somehow manages to look even worse". If you're going to do skimpy, at least have a little class or try to make it cute. Not even the most beautiful woman in the world could possibly pull off this flaming hot garbage. Wretched stuff. Well, cheerleader it is!

Edited by Bartimaeus

Male clothing options look worse. I never liked them and just sticked to the clothes from the beginning of the game. : >

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

firefox_AN7vNv8Zoj.png

Look, I get that Malkavians are insane, but what the hell? Go be insane in some other style, please. Ventrues definitely got the best options, both male and female IMO.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back to trying to finish off all of Wing Commander 2, sort of sucks wingmen only die when the plot warrants it, but eh.  The voice acting is...wow.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra