What You've Done Today - Keep Dreaming...

Raithe

I'm at the airport waiting for my flight. First time flying since at least a year before COVID. Charlotte Douglas International hasn't changed a bit. I got here 2 hours before boarding in case checking in and TSA took long, but the staff here is doing a great job keeping everything moving. As far as airports go, Charlotte Douglas is pretty nice. I made sure to get a nonstop flight both ways, I don't want to do a layover in Atlanta. Maybe Atlanta's airport has gotten better since my last visit there, but last time sucked pretty hard.

Anyway, off to southern Florida I go for Christmas on the beach.πŸŒ΄πŸŽ„πŸΈ

Also, happy birthday @ShadySands!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈRFK Jr 2024πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

13 hours ago, Gromnir said:

we got moral opposition to veal given the lack o' regulation o' the industry, but am posting 'cause we suspect more than a few kids with a birthday so close to christmas identified with young frank cross, albeit to a lesser degree.

regardless, nitha-anpetu waste, and may you survive yet another winter.

HA! Good Fun!

Β 

Man, 5 pounds of veal is like $100 today!

Leaving in the morning for an all-day round trip in the car with maybe a couple hours of being not in the car, outside, moving furniture and stuff:
---Hubby: You might want to take more than that light sweatjacket (he says while wearing two layered jackets himself)
---Me: (dressed in t-shirt and thin, light pants) Oh? Is it supposed to be extra cold or something? Eh, I'll be fine.
*hubby blasts the van's heater, as usual, the entire trip while I keep the windowΒ  cracked open so I can breathe*

...I never even wore my light sweatjacket.Β  :shifty:
...I'm picturing hubby at some point wearing an entire puffy ski jacket/pants/boots outfit around the house before too long. :lol:
...Edit: if you're wondering, if I'm driving, hubby is always a little too cold/might use a leg/lap blanket because I don't blast the heater like that, heh

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Haha 1
β€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Off for a run in what I hope is not the forecasted freezing rain event! Then ending the day with welcoming a friend who is one of the few people I know whose flight has not been knackered!

• Like 2

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Doing the last minute prep and checking that dad's going to be good while I'm away, before getting up early manana and heading to the airport.

Here's hoping no strange weather keeps hitting San Diego. I really don't want an 11 hour flight being diverted while friends are waiting. I saw a lot of that was happening at the weekend for folks traveling there.

Still, y'all have fun as the New Year approaches.

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Back to work tomorrow. Checked my email and team clicked on for a week without me around.Β  Guess I am redundant :lol:

• Haha 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Organizing, doing a lot of those little things that need doing, hubby with a long week off, shopping for household items/small furniture, sister/brother-in-laws, cousin-in-laws, low lying fog, wind, lots of rain, movies/convos and recliners.Β  etc.

Been a nice past week or two.

If I'm not around again before then, Happy New Year to everyone.

• Like 1
β€œThings are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got my new airbrush set up, hooked up the compressor and ready to go. Took some old miniatures that I had bought on ebay a decade ago to use as test subjects. They came originally with a horrible paint job and were scheduled for an acetone bath (paint stripping). A quick and dirty job with a spray can, putting some primer on them and then off to practise, just some simple exercises, trying to adjust the psi and learn the best distance, amount of paint to let through the double action trigger etc.

Good thing they were practise models πŸ˜‚

After adding a bit of paint on top of a white primer, time to try it out on a black primer (the majority of my miniatures). After that, they can go take a swim in the acetone tub πŸ˜›

Β 

• Like 1

β€œHe who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein
Β 

3rd day of some hecking manflue - I can't take it anymore! I can't lay no longer in the bed but I am too exhausted to do anything else. Every part of my body hurts and I feel like women in menopause constantly hot or cold... ARGH!

• Sad 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On 12/28/2022 at 9:15 AM, Sarex said:

I miss being redundant...

An SCV's life for me..

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

19 hours ago, Gorth said:

Got my new airbrush set up, hooked up the compressor and ready to go. Took some old miniatures that I had bought on ebay a decade ago to use as test subjects. They came originally with a horrible paint job and were scheduled for an acetone bath (paint stripping). A quick and dirty job with a spray can, putting some primer on them and then off to practise, just some simple exercises, trying to adjust the psi and learn the best distance, amount of paint to let through the double action trigger etc.

Good thing they were practise models πŸ˜‚

After adding a bit of paint on top of a white primer, time to try it out on a black primer (the majority of my miniatures). After that, they can go take a swim in the acetone tub πŸ˜›

Β 

I've always loved Warhammer 40k, but I never got into the miniatures stuff, but then someone told me about Forgeworld having titans in like, giant, scale and I thought to myself; "That! That is something I'd love to paint!", and then I looked up the price. 2700$ for a full kit is a bit much, just a tad. It'd be frikkin' cool though, if I ever won on a lottery that I never play.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

I've always loved Warhammer 40k, but I never got into the miniatures stuff, but then someone told me about Forgeworld having titans in like, giant, scale and I thought to myself; "That! That is something I'd love to paint!", and then I looked up the price. 2700$ for a full kit is a bit much, just a tad. It'd be frikkin' cool though, if I ever won on a lottery that I never play.

Wait, are they on a sale??? $2700 will at best give the smaller Reaver titan πŸ˜›

The body alone for a Warlord titan is $2500 and then $300+ for each of the weapon systems (i.e. each arm and each shoulder) πŸ˜–

I haven't played a game of 40k since the early 90's, but I got hooked on Horus Heresy earlier this year. Helped quite a bit by the series of Horus Heresy novels. It was a toss up between playing Nightlords or Alpha Legion as a primary army and in the end, AL won out (since nobody knows their true loyalty, you can play them as both loyalist or traitor legion)

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

β€œHe who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein
Β 

20 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Wait, are they on a sale??? $2700 will at best give the smaller Reaver titan πŸ˜›

The body alone for a Warlord titan is $2500 and then $300+ for each of the four weapon systems (i.e. each arm and each shoulder) πŸ˜–

I haven't played a game of 40k since the early 90's, but I got hooked on Horus Heresy earlier this year. Helped quite a bit by the series of Horus Heresy novels. It was a toss up between playing Nightlords or Alpha Legion as a primary army and in the end, AL won out (since nobody knows their true loyalty, you can play them as both loyalist or traitor legion)

Well, 2700$ is just the bare minimum, body, head, single set of guns for a Warlord Titan. :p

Where did you find the 2500$ version? I remember seeing something like that for a long while ago, but recently the most expensive one I've seen is the 1700$ version for just the body, plus addons.

I played a couple of "demos" with a few mates that I played pnp rpgs with, but buying my own miniatures was always financially out of reach. I've always been a sucker for White Scars when it comes to the official chapters, but I've always had a preference for the Storm Wardens from the fantasy flight Deathwatch game. Or Deathwatch themselves πŸ˜„

I'm listening to the Horus Heresy novels right now actually, listening to the Fulgrim book at the moment :)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

27 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Well, 2700$ is just the bare minimum, body, head, single set of guns for a Warlord Titan. :p

Where did you find the 2500$ version? I remember seeing something like that for a long while ago, but recently the most expensive one I've seen is the 1700$ version for just the body, plus addons.

I played a couple of "demos" with a few mates that I played pnp rpgs with, but buying my own miniatures was always financially out of reach. I've always been a sucker for White Scars when it comes to the official chapters, but I've always had a preference for the Storm Wardens from the fantasy flight Deathwatch game. Or Deathwatch themselves πŸ˜„

I'm listening to the Horus Heresy novels right now actually, listening to the Fulgrim book at the moment :)

Ok, I got the price slightly exaggerated. My prices were shown in Aussie dollars, who are only slightly better than Greek Drachma or Italian Lire. Prices in US dollars are a bit lower than that. No idea about how much it is in SEK

shoulder weapons options give you two guns for one price, so you only need one carapace weapon option (you still need two main guns)

Β 

The body (only including defensive guns)

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/mars-pattern-warlord-titan-body

Shoulder weapon option 1

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Mars-Pattern-Warlord-Titan-Apocalypse-Missile-Launcher-x2

Shoulder weapon option 2

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/mars-pattern-warlord-titan-laser-blaster-x2

Main cannon option 1

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Warlord-Titan-Mori-Quake-Cannon-2020

Main cannon option 2

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Warlord-Titan-Sunfury-Plasma-Annihilator

Β 

Β 

Edit: I checked out the Storm Wardens. You know you can play White Scars in Horus Heresy too? It's actually one of the strongest armies in the game. Their speed means they pick when and where to fight and bar some really lucky dice rolls, not much your enemy can do about it (unless they play Alpha Legion and steal a handful of your troops and pit against you) 😁

Al have some funny special abilities like The Reward of Treachery, Master of Lies or Coils of the Hydra, which allows you to pilfer the best units from other legions and field them on the board. Who needs a long army list when you can just cherry pick the best from the other armies???

Β 

Wifix took me to a new definitely not Russian with what's going on in the world today European market and they had the best homemade adjika I've ever tasted. I've been slathering it on the figuratively literal everything today. Then she took me to a liquor store and bought me my favorite Scotch. Either she's going to kill me or she actually likes me, win win.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Wifix took me to a new definitely not Russian with what's going on in the world today European market and they had the best homemade adjika I've ever tasted. I've been slathering it on the figuratively literal everything today. Then she took me to a liquor store and bought me my favorite Scotch. Either she's going to kill me or she actually likes me, win win.

Try Ajvar, Serbian or Macedonian if you can get it. Granny's Secret is available in the US. Let me know which is better if you try it.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

12 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Jeez, even the head of the Titan is a $159.00 option! :lol:

It's not a hobby for the faint of heart... .or purse... or married... or in any way a provider! 😝

Β 

Took this picture while walking down the street a few days ago. Foreigners always think of all things venomous or full of teeth when discussing Australian wildlife. The boring truth is, the most deadly animal is the horse and the most feared animal (by locals) is the one on the sign (magpie)

yhDeYAI.jpg

Β 

Β 

9 hours ago, Gorth said:

Since I know little about 40k, I thought yall were joking. Yall are not.

2 hours ago, Sarex said:

If I was in to WH40k, I would also be in to 3d printing...

Lmao, looks like you could buy several 3d printers for the price of a basic army.

7 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Por que no los dos?

But what is the adjika like? I think my grandmother used to eat it but I don't really know much about it (or her tbh).

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"YouΒ are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfullyΒ it seems like the creatorsΒ like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don'tΒ forgetΒ the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"AreΒ you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feralΒ camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

9 hours ago, Gorth said:

Ok, I got the price slightly exaggerated. My prices were shown in Aussie dollars, who are only slightly better than Greek Drachma or Italian Lire. Prices in US dollars are a bit lower than that. No idea about how much it is in SEK

shoulder weapons options give you two guns for one price, so you only need one carapace weapon option (you still need two main guns)

Β 

Edit: I checked out the Storm Wardens. You know you can play White Scars in Horus Heresy too? It's actually one of the strongest armies in the game. Their speed means they pick when and where to fight and bar some really lucky dice rolls, not much your enemy can do about it (unless they play Alpha Legion and steal a handful of your troops and pit against you) 😁

Al have some funny special abilities like The Reward of Treachery, Master of Lies or Coils of the Hydra, which allows you to pilfer the best units from other legions and field them on the board. Who needs a long army list when you can just cherry pick the best from the other armies???

Technically you'd need two of each main gun, and each of the carapace weapons, so you'd end up at 3700$ :p You can't know if you might want to use twinlinked Volcano cannons or twin linked Plasma Annihilators πŸ˜„

Not to mention the laser blasters or apocalypse missile pods!

In Swedish crowns? About 2 months wages XD

Sure, well they'd need the speed since as far as I know they don't field any devastators. πŸ€” Worst part though is that vehicles are ****ed in 9th edition from what I can tell. Bolters can take out a friggin Baneblade, I mean c'mon!

Pfft, stealing my troops? Careful that I don't go full Creed on you and infiltrate a Warlord titan behind that inconspicous pile of rubble on your flank XD

2 hours ago, Sarex said:

If I was in to WH40k, I would also be in to 3d printing...

I'm pretty certain that GW would come down on you hard with accusations of child molestation for that. https://spikeybits.com/2021/05/games-workshop-opens-the-war-against-3d-artists.html

• Haha 1

I took my wife and daughter to see Beetlejuice at the Golden Gate Theater in San Francisco. It was fantastic.

Β 

Then we went to a tapas restaurant in the back of a pawn shop. My daughter had to pawn her personal tajin shaker to get us in the door. It was a pretty great day in the city.

Β 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Technically you'd need two of each main gun, and each of the carapace weapons, so you'd end up at 3700$ :p You can't know if you might want to use twinlinked Volcano cannons or twin linked Plasma Annihilators πŸ˜„

Not to mention the laser blasters or apocalypse missile pods!

In Swedish crowns? About 2 months wages XD

Sure, well they'd need the speed since as far as I know they don't field any devastators. πŸ€” Worst part though is that vehicles are ****ed in 9th edition from what I can tell. Bolters can take out a friggin Baneblade, I mean c'mon!

Pfft, stealing my troops? Careful that I don't go full Creed on you and infiltrate a Warlord titan behind that inconspicous pile of rubble on your flank XD

I'm pretty certain that GW would come down on you hard with accusations of child molestation for that. https://spikeybits.com/2021/05/games-workshop-opens-the-war-against-3d-artists.html

I have a 6th or 7th edition set of rulebooks lying around, that I've never read.

Last version I knew (and played, even if only twice) was 3rd edition, and that was so horrible that my gaming group dropped 40k like a hot potato at the time. Since then, I stopped playing 40k and just played Warhammer Fantasy for a number of years afterwards. Right up until GW killed off Warhammer fantasy, which was a sad day 😟

As for 3D printing, caution is advised. GW's lawyers are as bad, if not worse than Disney's lawyers, regularly scouring the internet. I have a bunch of generic scifi landscape bits and a few custom space marine compatible hands printed (one fist showing the middle finger at the enemy and one fist wielding a coffee cup, because I just thought it was just too hilarious)

Stealing troops is the wrong word. What Alpha Legion does is infiltrate other legions, letting their own men act as if they were part of those legions, getting training, gear etc. Like a cuckoo (then returning "home" when the legion calls) πŸ˜‚

It's quite telling, that in the chart of compatible allied units, they stand out as the one legion with no close friends (being a legion of spies, sneaks, assassins and saboteurs)

They are known to make use of normal humans to infiltrate human societies and found cults that worship whatever the legion pretends to be. stirring up social unrest and causing entire societies and cultures to collapse without a single legionnaire ever setting foot on the planet. Fight smarter, not harder.

There is no such thing as a "Devastator Squad" in Horus Heresy, but they have a close equivalent in Heavy Support squads, which can have 5-10 marines with a particular heavy weapon (say 10 lascannons or 10 heavy plasma cannons etc.). But White Scars don't really want that many guys on foot in the first place. They are all about skimmers, bikes and assault vehicles.

• Like 1

Β