What You've Done Today - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

majestic

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Welcome to North America. Blessed be the slave that learns to love the lash.

:p

My friend worked at a place where they had unlimited paid time off in theory, but in reality it was rarely approved and she would have gotten more paid time off with two weeks guaranteed. :shrugz:

Today I microdosed on PTO by ****ing around on paid time. Malicious compliance is perhaps the best attitude to work and I'm ashamed I didn't start sooner.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

24 minutes ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

Today I microdosed on PTO by ****ing around on paid time.

....this isn't what people do all the time ?

My neighbours are interesting folk, in a good way. They've flown a flag I never knew existed - the Grand Union Flag - on July 3rd, switching to the US we know on July 4.  Lately they've been flying the Four Provinces of Ireland flag, I assume this is rugby related, but maybe they are secretly IRA :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

9 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Interesting. All 7 weeks is paid for me, but its a "use it or lose it" deal regarding the 4 personal weeks. We cant roll it into the next year, or sell it back to the company, and I almost never take vacations during the year, so I have to burn it all down in Nov and Dec. :lol:

Saving vacation time is also a bit of a faff, normally you're forced to take 4 weeks vacation every year, 5 days can be saved, but if you like, well, me, tend to go on sickleave for months on end and don't get a chance to use your vacation time it all rolls over to the next year. Hence why I still have so many days. In the beginning of the year I had 49 days vacation to use, 25 days for this year and 24 saved days.

We also have things like parental leave ofcourse. The only reason I can think of why I'd get a kid to be honest. :p

7 hours ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

Today I microdosed on PTO by ****ing around on paid time. Malicious compliance is perhaps the best attitude to work and I'm ashamed I didn't start sooner.

I think something in my genes mekes me completely unable to do something like that, if you pay me a fair wage to do something you get 100% from me all that time, I can't chill at work. >_<

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My order arrived today, earlier than expected:

KXy2Bf7.jpeg

Look at the size of that beast! It obviously didn't come with the reflex sight, I added the Vortex Venom Red Dot myself. I have Friday off, so I'll spending some time at the range.:grin:

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

7 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Congrats! Goodbye to your check, ammo prices are crazy. I have a local range that I like that's less than 5 minutes away but I haven't been in a while because of the cost of ammo

You're not joking. It's cheaper to buy in bulk, so I invested in 1000 rounds of 180 grain FMJ:

hM37HhV.jpeg

It set me back a buttload of pretty pennies, but at least I'm set for a while.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

That pistol isn't tacticool enough.

• Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Above the trigger is the safety? Is that another button under your thumb?

That's the magazine release under my thumb.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

10 minutes ago, Malcador said:

That pistol isn't tacticool enough.

I should add a laser sight (never mind that it makes the red dot redundant), a flashlight, and a suppressor. Would that be enough?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

14 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I should add a laser sight (never mind that it makes the red dot redundant), a flashlight, and a suppressor. Would that be enough?

3791kjjii0h81.jpg?width=625&auto=webp&s=

Also need bayonet and possibly some sort of night vision optic on it as well.

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 3

I have a vague memory of some Van Damme film from the 90s where he starts adding stuff to his pistol until it looks not quite as bad as the image above then he uses it as a sniper rifle or something. I'm probably misremembering since the 90s were like 10 years ago by now.

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

On 8/3/2022 at 3:17 PM, ShadySands said:

since the 90s were like 10 years ago by now.

Your math is a little off. It's actually the 80's that were 10 years ago.

:shifty:

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Your math is a little off. It's actually the 80's that were 10 years ago.

:shifty:

Are you saying they're over? 😭

• Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Black tea - can leave stains on almost any kitchen/home surface, but cannot remotely even temporarily stain your grey hair (it looks a bit darker for a hot minute then it dries, I assume residue dusts off and pretty much disappears/looks grey again). I think my grey hair is made out of stainless steel.

• Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yesterday afternoon I got asked to work today; so much for my 3 day weekend. This also means no trip to the shooting range today. Oh well, I'll go tomorrow morning. In the meantime, I field stripped my Glock (super easy) and lubricated the end of the trigger bar, the slide, and of course the barrel with Hoppe's 9 Lubricating Oil. I'm out of the loop on gun lubricants so I just went with the classic. It's entirely possible that more advanced oil exists, but Hoppe's 9 has worked great for decades, no reason it would suddenly not work great now.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm back from the range. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much accuracy I've retained given that I haven't fired a gun in close to a decade and never this exact gun before. The first target is me dialing in the red dot. I would fire off a grouping of 3, bring the target in, adjust the sight, lather, rinse, repeat:

hgFWKBA.jpeg

You can see how far the sights were off to start in the lower left corner. I was aiming at the center at about 10 yards. By the end of the 15 round mag I had her dialed in pretty well.

Next grouping at 10 yards:

OzIZiVe.jpeg

3 nasty outliers, otherwise a pretty solid grouping.

I shot my 3rd mag (Glock is nice enough to give you 3 with the gun) at roughly 17 ot 18 yards:

0KIHjZC.jpeg

Getting used to the trigger pull is the biggest thing right now. The immediate goal is to eventually get groupings like my 10 yard grouping (minus the 3 nasty outliers) at 20 yards.

Side note: The Glock 40 kicks like a mule and sounds like a bomb going off, just how I like it. A gentleman 2 lanes over was teaching his lady friend (wife?) to shoot a .22 (a sensible choice to start). It sounded like a BB gun compared to my Glock monstrosity. :lol: Not throwing shade, to be clear, the first gun I ever shot was a .22.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Making my own beer. This time I went for draught. 

I buy no-alcoholic beer, add sugar and yeast, wait for 3 weeks and Voilà! Beer!

It does taste like yeast a bit but aside from that, it's a-ok.

• Thanks 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I went to pick up my dog's ashes from the vet today. I cried more today than I did when we put him down. He was a very good boy. I really wanted that vet to tell me it was just arthritis. I could help with that! I was helping with that. Bought a bunch of rugs to help steady his footing so he could walk. I was going to build a ramp so he didn't have to struggle so much coming in from the yard.

But that's not all it was. The Vet made a recommendation. And now I miss my friend. My brother.

I'm so glad for all that time I spent trying to help him, though. I'd carry him out back and put him on the lawn, tell him I loved him and he was good. I'd go out with him with a treat and make sure he walked around to keep his strength up. I'd make sure to play with him the few times he managed to stand up inside. I got quality time like that. But damn do I wish it meant more than even that.

• Sad 9
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

has been unseasonably nice the last couple days, and the ca wildfires ain't affecting local air quality which hasn't been the case in august the past +3 years. afternoon high were a mere 91F. rode our bike early and then walked the dogs lateish morning. a late morning dog walk in august? is always too hot for such... but it wasn't.

roof1a.thumb.jpg.2e4eded52c30fb4e20930ac63c823689.jpg

picture o' casa de Gromnir and our yard... second-story roof level.

an utterly lovely day.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

4 hours ago, Tale said:

I went to pick up my dog's ashes from the vet today. I cried more today than I did when we put him down. He was a very good boy. I really wanted that vet to tell me it was just arthritis. I could help with that! I was helping with that. Bought a bunch of rugs to help steady his footing so he could walk. I was going to build a ramp so he didn't have to struggle so much coming in from the yard.

But that's not all it was. The Vet made a recommendation. And now I miss my friend. My brother.

I'm so glad for all that time I spent trying to help him, though. I'd carry him out back and put him on the lawn, tell him I loved him and he was good. I'd go out with him with a treat and make sure he walked around to keep his strength up. I'd make sure to play with him the few times he managed to stand up inside. I got quality time like that. But damn do I wish it meant more than even that.

Condolences Tale.

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2022 at 8:42 PM, LadyCrimson said:

Black tea - can leave stains on almost any kitchen/home surface, but cannot remotely even temporarily stain your grey hair (it looks a bit darker for a hot minute then it dries, I assume residue dusts off and pretty much disappears/looks grey again). I think my grey hair is made out of stainless steel.

My hair went through “phases” throughout life. As a kid I was white haired (almost like you would expect from an albino except I could get a tan, Danish summer allowing). As a young teenager I was platinum blond. Friends used to tease my dad because he’s dark haired and my mom a brunette 😝

As and older teen and a young man, my hair was dark enough to give me a Mediterranean look. But in my mid twenties it started getting really grey and now it’s somewhere between grey and white mostly 😔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein