What You've Done Today - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

majestic

Good luck man, stay safe. Hope it end well for you guys

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

6 hours ago, Katphood said:

Went to Tehran. It's war over here, folks! In every major city people are fighting security forces with bare hands.

If you guys don't see me here again it probably means I died on the streets fighting some religious nut jobs.

The government is on the verge of collapse though. 

Wish us victory! ✌

i am conflicted. on the one hand i am sincerely hopeful that in the thick of the chaos just beyond your door you are seeing something more dramatic in the events around you than that which is actual playing out, because that would mean you, and many like you, face less imminent danger than believed.

converse, i would welcome this moment as one o' those instances of real change, but rare do such social, cultural and military revolutions occur w/o the blood o' villains, heroes and innocents being spilled indiscriminate and beyond measure.

regardless, good luck.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

9 hours ago, Katphood said:

Went to Tehran. It's war over here, folks! In every major city people are fighting security forces with bare hands.

If you guys don't see me here again it probably means I died on the streets fighting some religious nut jobs.

The government is on the verge of collapse though. 

Wish us victory! ✌

Keep safe Katphood and I hope you achieve the political change you want 

Keep us updated, we will be following developments 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

literal outside our office window at this moment

pest2.thumb.jpg.a643977f258fe7ba270ae2275fb14c4a.jpg

no respect.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

4 hours ago, Gromnir said:

literal outside our office window at this moment

pest2.thumb.jpg.a643977f258fe7ba270ae2275fb14c4a.jpg

no respect.

HA! Good Fun!

Man  thats convenient, it makes hunting so easy :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm attempting to grow szczaw, or sorrel, as it's known in English. Zupa szczawiowa, aka sorrel soup, is one of my favorite dishes, but I rarely get to eat it because sorrel isn't exactly easy to find in Murica unless you live somewhere with a sizable Polish community, like Chicago or New Britain. I'd probably find it eventually if I spent a day driving from farmer's market to farmer's market, and I can definitely get it pickled in a jar, but I'd rather use fresh sorrel, so I decided to try growing it on my balcony.

XXJ1kgh.jpeg

The plants are sprouting now.

wXlurHA.jpeg

0IStzrb.jpeg

We'll see how it fares here in Cackalacky, it naturally grows in colder climates in Europe and the summer heat here might be too much for it, thus I think it will fare well in the spring and fall. It's a perennial so it should keep growing back and it will have no problems surviving the hilariously mild winters in this region, but I might wind up needing to drag the planter inside for the summers.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Driving on the highway, rightmost lane, 55 mp/h speed limit, @majestic's is driving pretty much exactly 55 mp/h behind another car (with a more than comfortable distance between us) which is directly behind a truck with like half a yard between the two. Nobody's behind me. Exit coming up, the car before me is driving off the highway, I can see the idiot accelerating on the exit lane as he passes the truck, only to break hard before the upcoming corner. Yeah, so, I guess gas is still not expensive enough.

Someone else is suddenly coming up from behind, takes the exit, accelerates past me, flips me the bird, then breaks hard before the corner. I'm a little unsure what the hell her problem was. I suppose she was sitting comfortably in my dead angle on the left lane and found it difficult to switch lanes. With, you know, the entire right lane empty, except that truck and the idiot in front of me.

#Ihatedriving

• Like 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

@majesticAs someone who drives for a living, I feel your pain. My favorite ***hole maneuver is when someone is on an interstate or other large highway driving in the passing lane, they suddenly realize that they are about to miss their exit, so instead of just safely going to the next exit and turning around, losing probably about 4 or 5 minutes, they instead sharply cut across 2 or 3 lanes of traffic, potentially causing a giant pile up. Bonus points for no turn signal.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, it's something weird that happens with people when getting in the drivers seat, I think the steering-wheel calls forth their inner ****, sort of like a werewolf and the full moon. My favourite would be people going from an onramp to the overtaking lane while doing 65km/h instead of 100..

Edited by Azdeus
Some real weird **** going on with my posting, can't quote people or start a new line...
  • Like 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Rained a lot, so spent time clearing storm drains with a rake. Probably looked weird to everyone :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That feeling when someone from your friends family sends you an email, from the friends account, asking to call them. It's either something terrible or they are throwing him a party. Sadly it was something terrible... He died in an accident while on vacation.

We were not that close, at least in the manner where we were constantly in contact, but then again I am not that close with any of my friends. Although I cared about him enough, it seems, that I am feeling terrible after the news. He was too young, but then again I guess many people are.

Rest in peace my friend.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

23 hours ago, Keyrock said:

@majesticAs someone who drives for a living, I feel your pain. My favorite ***hole maneuver is when someone is on an interstate or other large highway driving in the passing lane, they suddenly realize that they are about to miss their exit, so instead of just safely going to the next exit and turning around, losing probably about 4 or 5 minutes, they instead sharply cut across 2 or 3 lanes of traffic, potentially causing a giant pile up. Bonus points for no turn signal.

My favorite **** move is when someone weaves in an out of traffic at 10+ over the speed limit causing everyone else to hit their brakes in order to not slam into the driver. Bonus points for doing all that only to end up at a stop light less than 30 seconds early.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Set up my new 3D printer over the weekend, spent some time leveling it, testing out some benchy prints.

iW0FXSK.jpg

Then decided it needed a proper test of a large chunk of armour, and tried printing out the Mando chest piece I designed up.

Was working very smoothly, but at some point it the night it had a glitch...

KExuBvr.jpg

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Relative in the US passed away, just collapsed.  Sad, although he had a motor neuron disease and wasn't living a good quality life.  Not directly involved in the fun to get him buried back home, especially with my **** relatives.

• Sad 6

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After watching hubby watch some tech-babble video for a little bit, I remarked something along the lines of "Remember when you used to scour all those stores hunting for a book, any book, on some specific tech-thing?"  To which he said yes, then drily remarked that he also remembered how many of them were out of date as soon as they hit the store shelf.

Guess he doesn't miss those days, then. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This month: relative passes. Another relative in above average crisis. A non-relative suddenly scary symptoms/hospital/ongoing tests.

...we sit around musing on the patio in evenings. We are now contemplating moving to far southern California to be closer to some family. It's not a rush thing. Or a given. But at this point in time we might actually like or prefer to live down there anyway so .... here we go again with the research and trips. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm having that mildly surreal experience with the new job.  About 2 and a half months into it, but due to various reasons (brushes with covid, the August / September period for folks doing chunks of annual leave, etc) my on-boarding has been a touch messy and I'm still not really loaded down with any work.

Both my team leader and the technical authority guy have repeatedly turned around to me and made comments along the lines of "we keep hearing good things about your work from people"...   and I'm having that blink and "um.. what? I'm pretty much not doing any work just lots of background reading...??" reaction.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Managed to fine tune the new printer, and successfully printed my Mando chest plate

umjjPYs.jpg

To put in perspective against the flak-vest:

lFWLmNv.jpg

Now to spend some time cleaning, sanding and prepping it...

• Like 1

I'm not sure how many other females visit this forum (especially this section of it, heh) these days but I'm going to put this here anyway.

Even if you aren't interested in having children yourself, if you have irregular cycles, maybe all your life, it still would be worth going to a doc to check for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. because while not having regular menstrual cycles can feel like a boon (unless one wants to have a baby, ofc), there's a whole lot of other risks/increased risks with it. It's not uncommon or anything, but I believe it's something often overlooked as a possible issue/explanation until a woman is actively trying to get pregnant or whatever. I think if you don't have extra-hair or aren't overweight, some docs may not check for/think about it at all (kinda like how some docs think t2 diabetes/pancreas etc = alcoholic...).  Or perhaps birth control hides/hid it for ages. And if you do have it, the earlier you make lifestyle changes (there's no "cure"), the more you might prevent those future complications.

And yes, I have finally been confirmed that I have it. It (partially) explains a lot of things. 😛 

Health PSA end.  
Keep healthy, folks.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 7

Warhammer 40k Squats are back!

No, I'm not going to collect a Squat army. I have piles of unpainted miniatures, lots of them still in blister packs or shrink wrapped boxes. Collateral damage from constantly moving interstate/internationally. I sort of get along well with the local Games Workshop staff and the local manager gave me one of the new Squat miniatures to try out. I said yes, with the caveat that I haven't actually painted a single miniature for more than a decade. Shopped for some paint, dusted off my old brushes and settled on an orange colour scheme. Because why not? I can now check something off list. I've never in my 30+ years of playing Rogue Trader/Warhammer/WH40k etc. painted anything orange. Not even a Dwarf Slayer (and I do have a box with Gotrek and Felix). GW did change the name though, they are no longer called 'Squats', but 'Leage of Votann', because that is apparently a much cooler name for Squats (aka Dwarves in space). My first real paint job in 10+ years  😁

Z1Gn8IO.jpg

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Getting ready to go to Texas for funeral. With luck won't get COVID from this trip (not for myself but family are all vulnerable).

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Getting ready to go to Texas for funeral. With luck won't get COVID from this trip (not for myself but family are all vulnerable).

You're gonna need luck and a good measure of safety precautions.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands