warhammer 40k: rogue trader

12 hours ago, majestic said:

I thought about giving her Camaraderie too, but right now, the way I play, she just does not stand next to other people all too much.

keep in mind am not being hyperbolic about finishing most combats in one turn. the first battle in footfall is a good example. counterintuitive, we want to start battle with argenta in the open where she can reach out and touch as many enemies as possible with the longlas without moving. is no need for argenta to actual move save for a few o' the fights with extreme large numbers of opponents, many o' whom is behind buildings and around corners. equipping argenta with the  longlas instead o' bolter means she is able to hit foes at extreme distance.  

and am figuring if our argenta scheme starts to be less effective it won't much matter as cassia is increasing becoming a world beater with her navigator powhaz.

am agreeing that many owlcat rogue trader features do not appear to be working as described, which results in a bit o' trial and error and is more than a bit frustrating at times particular as am avoiding using mods for the moment. on the upside, since level-ups happen a bit more frequent in rogue trader than in most o' the crpgs we ordinary play, reload to the most recent level-up save as a solution to predictable busted mechanics is nevertheless incredible annoying but still less arduous than in other similar titles. 'course too often am not sure what is broken, so fixing is problematic.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

5 hours ago, melkathi said:

You can simply respec at the ship of course. Talk to your factotum or what he is called and say "my team needs training"

am aware o' the guy who offers respec and merc acquisition, but am also having played multiple owlcat games. respec after a patch is always risky and we typical wait a bit before doing so. truth to tell, we ordinary wait six months before playing a new release, but games we crowdfunded and played beta is exceptions seeing as how we already indulged the title when it were even less stable. 

that said, chapter one and two thus far has been comparative stable compared to even wotr, albeit the maths is far more obscure in rogue trader and our knowledge o' the mechanics is less complete for their newest title, so am suspecting is a whole lotta busted stuff am simple not recognizing.  ignorance is bliss.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Achievements are seriously bugged, at least for the GOG version. Two did not trigger so far even though I qualified for them, and there are four or five of them that unlocked without me fulfilling the requirements. I strongly dislike the former, while I don't mind the latter, all the affected achievements were for silly busy stuff like scoring 500 critical hits or dodging 500 attacks, but eh, could have saved those poor gladiators if I had known the achievement for letting them die is bugged. :p

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

About to head into chapter 3 again with this new game that is exactly the same as my old game just now with less bugs.

I started it a couple of days ago and it's the weakest chapter so far. Although I haven't gone very far in to it.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

13 hours ago, Sarex said:

I started it a couple of days ago and it's the weakest chapter so far. Although I haven't gone very far in to it.

Chapter three is basically chapter four of Wrath of the Righteous. I just hope the rest of the game doesn't come apart at the seams as much as the content after Alushinyrra did.

Spoiler

I certainly loathe having to re-equip my party after they were stripped of their equipment with the burning passion of a thousand stolen stars.

Anyway, my Argenta has Camaraderie now and it certainly does not work as anyone would reasonably expect it to. The bonus definitely does not go away one she no longer has any adjacent allies, meaning you can really just start with her surrounded by your party and then do whatever else you want. Also gave her Discipline which adds another stack of Versatility whenever she gets an extra turn. Which is fairly often.

It kind of takes the fun out of the Space Marine companion you can find in chapter three. He's nice and all that, but he can really only use his Space Marine gear, and between his 3 shot burst and Argenta's 9 (18 with rapid fire), that's just... yeah, no. Argenta can also other heavy weaponry, and he can't.

3 hours ago, majestic said:

Chapter three is basically chapter four of Wrath of the Righteous. I just hope the rest of the game doesn't come apart at the seams as much as the content after Alushinyrra did.

Hide contents

I certainly loathe having to re-equip my party after they were stripped of their equipment with the burning passion of a thousand stolen stars.

Anyway, my Argenta has Camaraderie now and it certainly does not work as anyone would reasonably expect it to. The bonus definitely does not go away one she no longer has any adjacent allies, meaning you can really just start with her surrounded by your party and then do whatever else you want. Also gave her Discipline which adds another stack of Versatility whenever she gets an extra turn. Which is fairly often.

It kind of takes the fun out of the Space Marine companion you can find in chapter three. He's nice and all that, but he can really only use his Space Marine gear, and between his 3 shot burst and Argenta's 9 (18 with rapid fire), that's just... yeah, no. Argenta can also other heavy weaponry, and he can't.

Spoiler

I kid you not, it took me half an hour to equip the whole party.

I was able to put heavy weapons on the space marine, like the melta gun and the rest. But the first thing I tried was to put his bolter on Argenta...

Argenta is using a heavy bolter. You find pieces of equipment here and there that increase the rate of fire, and under the effect of Firearm Mastery and Rapid Fire, she now has a rate of fire of 20 with a burst. With all the damage bonuses applied she kills groups of mooks or even bosses in a single burst, and her damage stacks to truly ludicrous levels with each shot.

Anyway, I just equipped the Halo Device. Fun fact, the crap is bugged as hell, if you want to use it you need to go to an area alone - some external area, not your voidship - otherwise companions will interfere and it will not be equipped but still take up an inventory slot.

Spoiler

I wonder if I'll just eat my crew in the epilogue. :p

• Haha 1

I was thinking real hard about getting the last companion and even recruited him, but them I reloaded and killed him. He is icky.

• Gasp! 1

I'm thinking of picking him up this time around.

Though I hear he's not technically the final companion but I don't know how long those stick with you. Might be like Galfrey in WOTR where they're only a companion for the final dungeon.

Edited by ShadySands
Vague but still spoilery
  • Thanks 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

4 hours ago, Sarex said:

I was thinking real hard about getting the last companion and even recruited him, but them I reloaded and killed him. He is icky.

Are we talking like Cameillia icky or Bruno icky?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

7 hours ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

I did not have enough time with him but he is a mix of Cameillia and the bad parts of Wenduag. I was kind of hoping that there was a redemption arc for him, but then I remembered which game I was playing and after a few conversations in the beginning it didn't seem like I would be terribly interested in his content either. The only thing that tugged me to keep him is any xp and items he would bring. Oh yeah and the companions I liked did not react pleasantly to him to say the least.

Edited by Sarex
  • Gasp! 1

14 hours ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

Camellia is an amateur compared to the Dark Eldar, on the other hand, that is completely lore appropriate. They feed on the suffering of others.

He also has a romance that basically begins by

Spoiler

looking for his whip and being, well, whipped, and then we proceed straight to torturing and killing random people on your ship. And, yeah, well, that is the beginning, not the climax. :p

Edit: Anyway, my game is a state of complete breakdown. Lines repeat during dialogue, rumors are finished but still active, there's some sequence breaking in the dialogue too as people talk about events that have not happened yet and lastly for some reason the game keeps referring to my character as both male and female. In other words, chapter four has been the original Owlcat experience so far. :p

Edit 2: The dialogue also has a bunch of missing prepositions, missing articles and, even weirder, missing verbs. One can infer the meaning of what is going on, but this is a step back from Wrath. Not as bad as it was in Kingmaker though.

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 1

If you're dogmatic just hand him over to Heinrix. Good source of dogmatic points and you get an achievement if you turn in all the heretics and xenos in your retinue. :p

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, majestic said:

Edit: Anyway, my game is a state of complete breakdown. Lines repeat during dialogue, rumors are finished but still active, there's some sequence breaking in the dialogue too as people talk about events that have not happened yet and lastly for some reason the game keeps referring to my character as both male and female. In other words, chapter four has been the original Owlcat experience so far. :p

Edit 2: The dialogue also has a bunch of missing prepositions, missing articles and, even weirder, missing verbs. One can infer the meaning of what is going on, but this is a step back from Wrath. Not as bad as it was in Kingmaker though.

Incredible. I guess waiting for a long time was the right move.

• Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I groaned so hard on the last fight of chapter 3. So they could not figure out how to make a hard encounter so they made a boss have a health trigger that would give him and his minions an immediate turn that interrupts your characters turn. I saw it before on some enemies, but not to degree where all minions around them get a turn too.

Anyways I got an item on Argenta that increases her range based on her BS. OK... There goes the only limitation she had. There is a another item that gives +1 to weapon rate of fire, but the gloves I have on are too good for dmg. I also finally hit the last tier archetype tier.

Edited by Sarex

Huh, that was unexpected.

Spoiler

Just killed Calligos Winterscale and destroyed his flagship. Who am I to argue with the Lord Inquisitor and Incendia Chorda? Particularily the latter, who said we could share the spoils. Heh.

• Gasp! 1

After a million reloads and playing around with Toybox I was finally able to 

rescue the imperials in Commorragh

Talk about convoluted. I hope it's just bugged.

I guess that's what you get when you only have one dev and five managers giving them extra turns. Sorry that joke has been making the rounds and I couldn't resist.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

9 hours ago, Sarex said:

F that B, I still finished her in one round.

Had Pasqal oneshot her and half her entourage with his plasmagun. 2xINT (Not int BONUS) extra damage actually has the game feel like it's actually 40k-ish/Rogue Tradery.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

5 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Had Pasqal oneshot her and half her entourage with his plasmagun. 2xINT (Not int BONUS) extra damage actually has the game feel like it's actually 40k-ish/Rogue Tradery.

For me it's Argenta that went around and killed everyone, and I now see some broken ass items that you can get from vendors. It would actually be funny to see how many shots I can get off in one burst with her.

Edited by Sarex

6 minutes ago, Sarex said:

For me it's Argenta that went around and killed everyone, and I now see some broken ass item that you can get from vendors. It would actually be funny to see how many shots I can get off in one burst with her.

I've grown bored with all the bugs in the game now, not to mention how badly balanced it is with stacking bonuses and whatnot, but one of the bolters I got hold of somewhere kept upping its burstfire rate so that I empty the mag each burst. It also dealt demolitions/10 bonus damage on each shot. With concentrated fire and some other stacking items I splatted what should be a pure horror boss in the first salvo.

Spoiler

The Halo device monster. As someone that came across one while playing endgame Dark Heresy, it was ****ing dissapointing to say the least.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken