What are you Playing Now? I name all the operations that go down in Taipei.

Well, completed my "Mystery" in Surviving Mars (the "AI" one, which was more of a nuisance than a threat, even though it was "medium" difficulty), so I'm sorta "done" with the playthrough as far as I can tell (at least, without mods that start new mysteries once the previous completes). Colony is running mostly smoothly, aside from my rabbits breeding a bit too much, leading to food issues, so I had to sort that out. I noticed Shuttles would "steal" food from food storage just to move it around...and around...and around, leading to enough food available, but not enough in stock where it needed to be (yes, I have minimum stock levels set). Disabling shuttle access to food stocks seems to have sorted that.

I ended up getting rid of the research outpost to try and fix the "suicide walk", it made it better, but since I have outposts in that area for mining I still get the occasional asphyxiating Geologist that decides shuttles are for weaklings and just hikes across the map. Given I my population is now self-sustaining I don't particularly care anymore since it's not very common and the hit to prospective colonist applicants doesn't matter anymore.

As an aside, I got my colony down to 0 Renegades. Once you figure out how that works it is kind of a cakewalk.

Going to try and get a few more achievements (like build 5 Wonders, and "get filthy rich"), maybe try and get to the point where all my colonists are Martianborn, and then call it done for this playthrough, I think.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

Very first impressions from chaos gate:

How do I skip people talking at the start of a mission?

Why can I pause the game during load screens?

It is interesting that your grey knights can climb terrain, but the strength of their armour means they are ripping out / crushing parts of the terrain while climbing, so their team mates have to find alternate routes.

It is fun how the terrain can sometimes be interacted with. Ripping off a big chunk of metal and throwing it at an opponent being my highlight so far.

I can see how only Nurgle will get repetitive.

Normal people shouldn't survive a burst from a storm bolter. 

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I also picked up Chaos Gate with the Epic games coupon. It's very grimdark. Does this massive ship have a lounge where space marines can get a drink? Combat is super fun, but I am a bit overloaded by all the abilities and equipment options. Still, it scratches that Xcom itch I get regularly.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

This is my current setup, and it needs probably few more years to finish 😄😄😄

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dOi8K3KER37oekKGu-jya4lqilFuDhz1/view?usp=sharing

Nice display! Im curious, did you make that aluminum frame to mount the steering wheel?

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Nice display! Im curious, did you make that aluminum frame to mount the steering wheel?

One guy from simracing community made me a plan for the aluminum DIY simrig in CAD, and I have ordered all required stuff in Motedis. Three weeks later, I have started to build it by myself. Took me two days, in which my wife learned, that I can use a very colourful palette of swearwords 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I converted a mobile laptop table into a makeshift stand for my wheel:

srjLY4w.jpeg

It works fine for the time being, I just wish I could slide the pedals further away, but the crossbar prevents that. I put a couple 13 lbs kettlebells on the legs to keep the table from tipping when I'm steering hard. :lol:

Sometime in the future my plan is to get/make a dedicated schlongpit rig with a modular design where I can swap the wheel with my HOTAS flightstick.

I went with Thrustmaster because I come from the flight/space sim world and Thrustmaster makes really high quality flightsticks. I don't know how good their reputation in the wheel & pedal world is, but I have no complaints so far. For an entry level wheel & pedal set the TMX Pro seems decent enough.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

19 hours ago, Keyrock said:

The other 99.9% of the game the production values are LEGENDARY. The graphical fidelity, attention to detail, facial animations, lighting effects, cinematography, sound design, writing, voice acting, they're all off the charts. The bar has been raised, The Quarry is the new gold standard in production value. Where is @Bokishiwhen you need them to post 16K screenshots of this game? Guess y'all will just have to settle for the 4K screenies I posted.

Man I just been playing all my games on Steam Deck lately. It's making me too lazy to turn on my rig, so best I can post right now are screenies in 720p

• Gasp! 1

I'm starting my 2nd playthrough of The Quarry. The primary goal is to save Abigail and Emma while keeping all the people I saved on my 1st playthrough alive again. If I manage that it will mean that all the camp counselors survived. Secondary goal is to find as many of the 8 tarot cards I missed as possible. Tertiary goal is to save as many of the Hacketts as possible. I don't think it's possible to save them all, but I'm sure that I can save more than what I did the first time around. After this playthtough I will skim through a guide to see if it's possible to save yet more characters.

Spoiler side note:

For a large chunk of it, the game does a great job of leading you to believe that the Hacketts are villains, when in reality they're victims. It completely makes sense given that Eliza, the narrator, has a bone to pick with them.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I nearly had a crisis with my RDR2 modded sp game

I have  a mod that allows me to sell any weapons to unique vendors and I accidently sold my hunting knife. And do you know by design you cannot Skin any animal without your hunting knife and you cant buy another hunting knife at any vendor and to make things worse I couldnt  find a way to spawn a hunting knife using any trainer mod

Which meant I could no longer get animal fat which is a unique ingredient required in certain ammunition and throwable weapons 

So I accepted I could no longer participate in an important RP part of the game which is living off the land 

But then I killed some greedy Bounty Hunters tracking me  and guess what ....one of them dropped a hunting knife !!! Crisis solved :dancing:

• Haha 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Grinding along in D2R, finished Act 3 Nightmare, the Mephisto fight was...something else, ran out of mana but luckily my Valkyrie and merc did him in. I need to farm better gear.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

****, after three days, the wheel is dead again... this time, with completely different issue... I am soooo pissed off now... I'll go play Journey to chill a little bit... why it always happen on Sunday, when there is absolutely no chance to get the hold of the support...

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

You probably already thought of this, but since youre now familiar with disassembling the wheel, maybe take it apart again and see if anything else jiggled loose inside?

@Mamoulian War

Mamie this is a good idea, have you taken another look inside. I have experienced multiple problems occasionally with some of my PC hardware like my G933 Logitech headset 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

You probably already thought of this, but since youre now familiar with disassembling the wheel, maybe take it apart again and see if anything else jiggled loose inside?

I did it this morning, and it did not help this time unfortunately :(

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Sad 1

And playthrough number 4 of Journey on my PS3 is behind me. Again, I was trying to meet some more companions for the Wonder trophy today, while getting the last glyph. This time, I was lucky with the glyph, but unlucky with the companions. Only two of them met today. Two online trophies to go.

• Like 1

I've rea hed chapter 9 (of 10) on my second playthrough of The Quarry. All the camp counselors are still alive, I got Abigail and Emma past the points where they died in my first playthrough, but that doesn't mean they're out of the woods (literally and figuratively) just yet.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

While we're on the topic of peripherals what my tax return has gone to:

XaAfbxy.jpg

Retiring my old Logitech X52 I've upgraded to a Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS with finger-lift idle and afterburner detents, with the stick and throttle handles modeled after that from the F/A-18 series (though still rocking Saitek rudder pedals and TrackIR 4 head-tracking).

gG98QJN.jpg

sf2MTN4.jpg

wDD2G9K.jpg

XWlCHWM.jpg

• Like 9
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

It wasn't me, but a friend shared this on his Discord server...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/181273020017410049/987998442712346634/1446338551_Capture_3.PNG

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

4 hours ago, Agiel said:

am gonna admit am mild surprise seeing the f-14. woulda' expected an f-15 variant.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

10 hours ago, Agiel said:

XaAfbxy.jpg

Retiring my old Logitech X52 I've upgraded to a Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS with finger-lift idle and afterburner detents, with the stick and throttle handles modeled after that from the F/A-18 series (though still rocking Saitek rudder pedals and TrackIR 4 head-tracking).

gG98QJN.jpg

sf2MTN4.jpg

wDD2G9K.jpg

XWlCHWM.jpg

Now if only we could use our tax returns to buy an actual F-14 Tomcat. I'm sure they're cheap at the Boneyard. ;)

• Haha 1

Picked up and finished Starship Troopers: Terran Command.
It looked like a low budget - low effort kind of game from the first few trailers I've seen but I like the franchise so I waited and.... it's pretty good. You can tell it doesn't have the budget of Starcraft 2 but they put the money where it mattered imo. The story is a typical ST flavoured war story with a small cast of named characters hitting on familiar story beats, framed by the tongue-in-cheek propaganda news between missions. It won't blow your socks off, but it's a decently told story.
The main part of gameplay is holding the line. A lot. Even when you're attacking you're holding the line. Figuratively and literally endless waves of bugs descend on your troops as you juggle positioning, (lack of) line-of-sight between squads, special abilities and a bit of rock-paper-scissors to inch closer to the next hive.
It's probably not for everyone but I enjoyed my time with it and I recommend playing it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oner said:

but I like the franchise

You've been long suffering then 😛

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra