What You've Done Today - Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life

Hurlshort

16 minutes ago, Amentep said:

You should have told her that you were arachnophobic and asked if she could teach you to get over it...eh? Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Nudge nudge. Nudge nudge. Know what I mean? Say no more...know what I mean?.  :brows:

Great, now I'll have even worse nightmares, because right now I'm imagining a scene like Salma Hayek's snake dance in From Dusk Till Dawn, except with giant, oversized, eight-legged, eight-eyed freaks spewn forth by the final circle of hell.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Talk less, kill more.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spent 15 minutes on a call with a coworker to explain....what "restart a service" means. 

gun-to-head-nodding.gif

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spent my birthday (apr20) back in California with the family. Otherwise been working and doing my model kits (Gunpla). Hardcore therapy is almost over, and I'll move to a different track which will be helpful. 

• Like 7

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

6 hours ago, Calax said:

Spent my birthday (apr20) back in California with the family. Otherwise been working and doing my model kits (Gunpla). Hardcore therapy is almost over, and I'll move to a different track which will be helpful. 

Calax someone a while ago mentioned that a forum member had won a lottery. Was it you?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Calax someone a while ago mentioned that a forum member had won a lottery. Was it you?

That was you and I talking and Im still waiting for you to PM me the numbers. :p 

For real though, Calax won a forum contest and as reward a character of him was modeled into FO:NV.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Yes he did he won the Lott-er-ry! The rest of his friends were not so lucky! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

5 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Yes he did he won the Lott-er-ry! The rest of his friends were not so lucky! :lol:

The Only Lottery that matters... MMMMM SMell that air.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Day off, fun to be woken up at 0300 or so as neighbour had to get taken away in an ambulance. Didn't know they had such bright spotlights on the side.

Majestic's spider would not bother me at all, even in the house.

The one Gorth posted would not bother me at all and I would find it quite interesting ... but from over there. If I saw one in the house it'd be broom swept into a giant glass jar and tossed outside with a stern warning to never come back inside. >.>

• Haha 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

G is working at Westby's today. They have a really nice restaurant there so I'm going to surprise her there with a nice lunch. 

She really needs to live a little!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Fed the squirrels.
yardanimals-01.jpg

Fed myself. (Edit: cauliflower, broccoli, mushroom, onions, sausage/hamburger crumbled mix, chicken stock/sour cream sauce/cheese)
food-006.jpg

Boredom breeds vanity selfies. Although less vanity and more "should I cut my hair off again and F it's so grey now". Some people pay a lot of money for thin highlight streaking. When you age, you get it for free!
haircut-30.jpg

Edit: and yes, while you can barely tell, that's another cat nightshirt.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

17 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

G is working at Westby's today. They have a really nice restaurant there so I'm going to surprise her there with a nice lunch. 

She really needs to live a little!

You should plan a surprise weekend to Vegas? Nothing demonstrates living like Vegas 🥳

I have mentioned this before but I have been fortunate enough to go their 3 times back in the days when American global software  companies incentivized their partners by trips to Vegas. Due to cost cutting its not as common

I loved Vegas, it was everything I thought it would be but more

I wouldnt want to live their but to visit for 5-7 days is worth it 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've been to Vegas once. All I remember is the (early) 3D theater IMAX we saw (these heavy duty headpiece/glasses you had to wear), this cheap hotel we were in  (we weren't "well off" then) and that hubby fell sick with a bad flu while there. Maybe we went to some show but I can't remember. I think we liked the outlying desert areas more than the city itself. Not surprising with who we are. 😄 

I do like slot machines tho. Well, the ones before they turned digital and all of that, anyway. And the nickel, maybe quarter ones at max, so you didn't lose a fortune in 5 minutes. I'll stick to slots in something like Borderlands, it's cheaper.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

My kid took the union plumber test, scored 930.89 / 1000, and was accepted to the union. w00t! Then we went and replumbed the garden hose faucet at the front of the house. :lol:

Wow, your daughter has an interest and inclination in plumbing?

Thats a good story to hear, she clearly has her fathers genes around DIY ...maybe she can takeover your DIY tasks in the future :grin:

John Milton 

26 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

I've been to Vegas once. All I remember is the (early) 3D theater IMAX we saw (these heavy duty headpiece/glasses you had to wear), this cheap hotel we were in  (we weren't "well off" then) and that hubby fell sick with a bad flu while there. Maybe we went to some show but I can't remember.

So what you're saying is...your memory of Vegas stayed in Vegas?

I'll get me coat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

vegas has excellent restaurant options, arguable challenging new york, san francisco, chicago and new orleans for the title o' best US food city. we don't gamble and most vegas shows ain't our thing, but am admitting vegas is worth the trip for culinary adventurers. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps our actual favorite destination for dining experiences in the western hemisphere is mexico city which also turns out to be one o' the cheaper options for high-end dining. typical we go to ixtapa when we visit mexico, but from there we inevitable make the trip to mexico city (a full day's drive) to indulge our gastronomical needs. 

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

vegas has excellent restaurant options, arguable challenging new york, san francisco, chicago and new orleans for the title o' best US food city. we don't gamble and most vegas shows ain't our thing, but am admitting vegas is worth the trip for culinary adventurers. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps our actual favorite destination for dining experiences in the western hemisphere is mexico city which also turns out to be one o' the cheaper options for high-end dining. typical we go to ixtapa when we visit mexico, but from there we inevitable make the trip to mexico city (a full day's drive) to indulge our gastronomical needs. 

As long as you are in Mexico Hermasillo and Monterrey are also great places for great food

Thomas Sowell

I love my trips to Vegas with the wife. The food is probably the second biggest draw. It's also nice to get away from kids for a bit after spending the full year educating and raising them. Plus the hotels are inexpensive midweek and usually pretty nice. 

Working on resume, trying to think up a fancy way to describe my tasks of "editing CSV files and SFTP'ing them around for BAs".  Also realize I have excelled Peter Gibbons, I have 9 bosses now. :lol:

Had to guess at BA so assumed Business Analysist.

"Perform quality control on data files to ensure that we operate with the highest level of data confidence prior to distribution to appropriate parties for analysis"

Or if you want buzzwords

"Do a value added deep dive for quality control on data files to ensure best in class data is available to our analysts for use in their action plan to bring to the table customer centric counsel."

Sorry, I got no clue what you actually do. 😄 

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

27 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Had to guess at BA so assumed Business Analysist.

"Perform quality control on data files to ensure that we operate with the highest level of data confidence prior to distribution to appropriate parties for analysis"

Or if you want buzzwords

"Do a value added deep dive for quality control on data files to ensure best in class data is available to our analysts for use in their action plan to bring to the table customer centric counsel."

Sorry, I got no clue what you actually do. 😄 

Communicate with the business owner to try to understand what they want changed/made and document it in a most foolproof and clear way they can for DEVs/QAs. Good BAs are few and far between.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP