What You've Done Today - Always You Must Meddle, Looking For Trouble Where None Exists.

Sarex

2 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

You too, Totally not Gorgon. Where you been hiding?

Behind Gorgon.

And welcome back @Calax!

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

25 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Welcome back, things are still great here :thumbsup:

What happened in your relationship, we love news and gossip 

Basically, The lass manipulated the crap out of me. It's the sort of thing where I wrote it off as "normal" because I didn't have any frame of reference. Basically it got to a point that if I wanted to do anything without her, she'd find a reason to pitch a fit about it and summon me back. She also would find reasons to change jobs about every 4 months, while also constantly justifying why we needed to get different services that cost a pile (out of my pocket, not hers). Ultimately I sat her down to say "I'm not enjoying this" and after I shot down her first response of "I don't do that" she declared, "If that's how you feel, I'm out" and took off. There's a lot more to it, including therapy, and a steady stream of lies, but it be what it be.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

21 minutes ago, Calax said:

Basically, The lass manipulated the crap out of me. It's the sort of thing where I wrote it off as "normal" because I didn't have any frame of reference. Basically it got to a point that if I wanted to do anything without her, she'd find a reason to pitch a fit about it and summon me back. She also would find reasons to change jobs about every 4 months, while also constantly justifying why we needed to get different services that cost a pile (out of my pocket, not hers). Ultimately I sat her down to say "I'm not enjoying this" and after I shot down her first response of "I don't do that" she declared, "If that's how you feel, I'm out" and took off. There's a lot more to it, including therapy, and a steady stream of lies, but it be what it be.

Dont feel too bad, we have all been their before 

How long were you together for?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Got promoted to Dollar Tree DevOps.  Basically I do shoddy work of people earning 50% more than me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

35 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

HUZZAH!

Huzzah, right?

I guess so, can tell the next employers I did do some DevOps work. The whole "DevOps" title is bull**** anyway, is basically consolidating two roles into one.  Is like the joke about looking for a "full stack developer" meaning you want to pay one salary instead of 4 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Got promoted to Dollar Tree DevOps.  Basically I do shoddy work of people earning 50% more than me

Congrats!

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Dont feel too bad, we have all been their before 

How long were you together for?

Three years, most of my friends, and a criminal record.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Dont feel too bad, we have all been their before ?

Speak for yourself 😝

Edit: I noticed some fancy new buzzword on the internet in recent months... sigma male (/facepalm)

• Haha 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

4 hours ago, Calax said:

Three years, most of my friends , and a criminal record.

Please tell me she was at least hot?

• Confused 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

14 hours ago, Gorth said:

Edit: I noticed some fancy new buzzword on the internet in recent months... sigma male (/facepalm)

I wonder how they got to that, skipped pretty far from beta.  Is a real experience to interact with anyone that really buys into that stuff.

Also our company has decided to exploit Eastern Europeans by opening an office there, might be nice to get a free trip to that part of the world (the part not having cruise missiles) when we do.

Edited by Malcador

20 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Please tell me she was at least hot?

Nope, not lucky enough to date the hot insane ones... just the insane manipulators :(

Although I did end up recently purchasing myself a 2014 mustang to have fun in. It's amazing how many people look at it and say "I wish I could have one" even though it's not badly priced.

Edited by Calax
Extra stuff
  • Like 2

Welcome to Queensland (The Sunshine State) and Brisbane, the (new) Venice of Australia 🙄

Watch out when crossing the streets... not because of traffic, but bull sharks

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-23/how-shark-infested-is-brisbane-river/10731866

Edit: Oh look, the weather forecast 😂

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

9 hours ago, Calax said:

Although I did end up recently purchasing myself a 2014 mustang to have fun in. It's amazing how many people look at it and say "I wish I could have one" even though it's not badly priced.

Welcome back!

I wouldn't mind a Mustang myself, but a 67 one ;)

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

10 hours ago, Calax said:

With the V8?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Nice to see you back @Calax! I'm sorry you had such a sh--ty experience with her. That sucks. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

6 hours ago, Sarex said:

With the V8?

V6. It's my daily driver now, and having it on ice with to much power won't help that much.

• Thanks 1

Workin my job today. Work for a shipping company up in Minnesota, honestly it's the best job I've had in my life. Kinda strange.

• Like 4

Going to New York all next week with G.  Neither of us have been. She has a whole bucket list of thing she wants us to do. Monday & Thursday I'm all tied up with work. But I bought us tickets to see the Rangers play the Ducks in MSG on Tuesday, Lower bowl section 115. That wasn't cheap. $150 per seat! But what the heck it was on both of our bucket lists.. On Wednesday we are going to see "The Music Man" in the afternoon and then to dinner at Donburiya (unless she changes her mind again). Plus lots of other stuff I'm sure I'll be briefed on before we go :lol:

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm used to the other house. It's more rational to live there (if only because it wouldn't rent for nearly as much...) and it's certainly more likely that we will end up doing so. But ...each time we've returned down here for a couple days, my mental mood immediately lifts upwards and I'm more "awake" again. The Bay Area Peninsula will always be "home."

...on the flip side ... Sac, house (more room/yard, they are very active kitties) means I could get some variation of these "grizzled black" chausie cats - I would like one of the 25-30lb ones, please. I would take it for walks around the block.  🥰

4e59da53ae3bb3fe718eb6303085142c.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's not a cat, but common lizards are cute too.
It was under yard debris we were cleaning up. Took 15 minutes warming up before it wanted to move out of my hand and climbed all over my shirt.  :)  It was almost pure black-looking initially then slowly turned color. I love creatures/animals/insects/whatever. Well, except mosquitos/fleas/simlar, and those mean and ornery paper wasps/yellow jackets. 😛

lizard-01a.jpg

lizard-02a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I went to the Thirsty Beaver:

SjND9aI.jpeg

It's a little 75 year old bar in downtown Charlotte that looks completely out of place among the big, modern buildings surrounding it. It's super trashy, there are bras hanging everywhere:

QImk5ca.jpeg

My kind of place, my kind of people.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I definitively declined to extend the lease of the place I'm living in today. Nothing like a bit of pressure to motivate one self 😝

Still, I got 10-12 days to find a new place, arrange removal company for my furniture and cleaners for the old place. No hurry....

• Gasp! 2