What You've Done Today - Always You Must Meddle, Looking For Trouble Where None Exists.

Sarex

4 hours ago, melkathi said:

If suddenly I get money, I'll know I started a new job.

many times over the past decades we have been able to make money w/o having a job.  am knowing the money is from a job when a large % o' what we had thought we earned disappears immediate and goes to the government.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

With how corrupt our government is, I might as well just mail our prime minister a check every three months, allowing him to completely dismantle the tax authority and cut out the middle man and tedious pretense of taxes being meant to be used for the state and not to line the pockets of his family and friends.

• Sad 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

39 minutes ago, melkathi said:

With how corrupt our government is, I might as well just mail our prime minister a check every three months, allowing him to completely dismantle the tax authority and cut out the middle man and tedious pretense of taxes being meant to be used for the state and not to line the pockets of his family and friends.

Are they as creative about it as ours is? Because our Ministry of Finance embezzled money through funding fake studies, one of which was actually on the topic of fighting corruption and embezzlement in government divisions. Gotta appreciate the chutzpah, if nothing else. :)

• Haha 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I must update my detailed files on all of you. 

As an aside, it can quite an interesting hobby to keep a dossier on people, but people find it creepy.  Remembering their birthday is fine, but writing it in an encrypted document is "weird". Pft.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

49 minutes ago, Malcador said:

I must update my detailed files on all of you. 

As an aside, it can quite an interesting hobby to keep a dossier on people, but people find it creepy.  Remembering their birthday is fine, but writing it in an encrypted document is "weird". Pft.

You're in good company, I think @KP the Torque Dork keeps one of these too. Though probably less encrypted... but no less stalkery. IIRC he even calls it "obsidianstalking.txt" or something like that. :p

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

48 minutes ago, majestic said:

You're in good company, I think @KP the Torque Dork keeps one of these too. Though probably less encrypted... but no less stalkery. IIRC he even calls it "obsidianstalking.txt" or something like that. :p

Actually I stole that joke from Malcador.

• Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

3 hours ago, melkathi said:

So I don't need to feel bad for having googled all veterinarian ladies in Guard Dog's vicinity to make sure we on the forum approve of who he is dating?

No, only feel bad if you contacted them to make sure they have the Correct opinions on RPGs.

Today I was threatened with deportation again if I didn't pay Justin Trudeau $550.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

The archeological pictures are really cool. What was that in antiquity, a fountain?

The round bit was storage. Most likely grain. The rest are walls from various phases, from likely 800 BC to around 1000 AD. The site was a pottery workshop in antiquity. I have 5,5 wells underneath my foundations (half a well is under the neighbouring building), and we even found a large slab of unused clay. We found traces of the old road, and the clay pipes of the antique water line still have water trickling along.

Don't tell the archeologists I posted this, but this is back from 2009 when we had the dig:

003.jpg

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

8 hours ago, melkathi said:

This is me: https://kerameion.gr/

But what with Covid and all, I am expanding my activities.

If I ever get to travel to Greece prepare yourself for tastefully offensive Americans with a z. And congratulations on the new job!

Speaking of working in the button mines of Kessel, my wife is getting a new title and raise but she's super concerned that the raise won't be enough to offset that she won't be getting overtime anymore. She's expecting a lot of mandatory overtime because her team has mostly bailed leaving her as probably the most senior person left. 

In man stripping news, I may be getting poached to go dance somewhere else for significantly less coin tips(ouch) and significantly more cash tips.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

14 hours ago, melkathi said:

This is me: https://kerameion.gr/

But what with Covid and all, I am expanding my activities.

Melkie did I ever tell you about my dads second honeymoon to Paros Island and what happened ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

41 minutes ago, melkathi said:

I think you mentioned it happened, but not what.

About 25 years ago my dad and stepmom went on a second honeymoon to Greece and after a delayed  trip they got to Paros, hired a car and were looking for somewhere to eat lunch while sightseeing 

They saw a large house with a patio outside and tables setup and several cars in the parking area. They got out the car walked to the patio area and sat down, they also noticed another group of people sitting at another table  and a man, the hotel\restaurant  manager, saying to the other people " I have arranged transport " 

But the service seemed really bad and it took over 5 minutes before the manager came to their table and said " how can I help you "...the conversation went like this 

Parents : Can we get some coffee

Manager :Sure, what coffee do you want? I have Turkish, American, Greek etc.

Parents: Anything, we just want coffee

He brought out coffee with this delicious homemade cakes and since it was clearly quiet he started chatting to them about where they from and what they doing in Greece. It turned out this managers dad knew SA because his dad was stuck in SA during WW2 and they ended up having a 40 minute friendly chat about life and travels 

But at the end of the chat the conversation went like this 

Manager:  Oh, by the way this is not a restaurant. This is  my private home 

Parents : What !!! But who were those other people sitting at that other table 

Manager : Those were friends who had been staying with us 

My parents nearly died of embarrassment for assuming this was a restaurant but they all had a great laugh about it and they left on very good terms with the home owner  :grin:

How is that for "white, male privlidege " :biggrin:

• Haha 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Manager :Sure, what coffee do you want? I have Turkish, American, Greek etc.

Parents: Anything, we just want coffee

Try that stunt in a café in Vienna and you'll very quickly learn why the waiters (in Vienna) are generally thought of as unfriendly. Bonus points when you're German and just order a Kafffffe. :p

Edited by majestic
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ShadySands said:

In man stripping news, I may be getting poached to go dance somewhere else for significantly less coin tips(ouch) and significantly more cash tips.

Good tips can be better than salary\wages, I never knew you were a male dancer? It must be an interesting job where you interact with lots of unique personalities 🥂

John Milton 

I saw the Outer Worlds 2 trailer today. THAT was funny! "Will this creature actually be in the game? No. Say goodbye to it forever"

Self deprecating humor is hard to do right. They did it right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

I saw the Outer Worlds 2 trailer today. THAT was funny! "Will this creature actually be in the game? No. Say goodbye to it forever"

Self deprecating humor is hard to do right. They did it right. 

It is an awesome trailer indeed 😂

I think it garnered universal praise from just about every youtuber and gaming site that watched it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well I've managed to get offered a new job role, so that's kicking off in a couple of weeks. Surprisingly blah and neutral over it, there's nothing exciting about the work from what I can tell but it's work, it'll be providing income, and that lets me spend on hobby projects and bills and the like. 

Finished sewing up my Mando flight suit, sorting out various materials to make the flak vest before I return to the design of the armour. I want some reference shots of myself in flight suit and flak vest that I can set as background in Blender to make sure I'm getting sizing and proportions right. Once I start being fully happy with the armour design, I can check it with the QA team at the MandalorianMercs that it's all acceptable before starting to 3d print it.

Dad's batch of radiotherapy had it's last day today. Now it's a little bit of wait, then scans and see what the doctor's say and whether surgery or a return to the start of chemo and more radiotherapy.

And  my sister apparently picked up Covid, so she's not coming around for a few weeks now.

• Like 6

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

2 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Well I've managed to get offered a new job role, so that's kicking off in a couple of weeks. Surprisingly blah and neutral over it, there's nothing exciting about the work from what I can tell but it's work, it'll be providing income, and that lets me spend on hobby projects and bills and the like.

3 minutes ago, Raithe said:

Dad's batch of radiotherapy had it's last day today. Now it's a little bit of wait, then scans and see what the doctor's say and whether surgery or a return to the start of chemo and more radiotherapy.

HUZZAH! HUZZAH!

My morning started with coffee, emails and cat box cleaning. I still sneezed a few times so this looks like one of those situations where Ill have to double mask. Stupid litter dust. :( 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

This hit me right in the "where's the green giant from the Planescape: Torment 98 promo trailer?" when I watched it. 😄 

• Haha 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

47 minutes ago, Raithe said:

All the best for your dad :luck:

• Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

@Raithe fingers crossed for your dad

• Thanks 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell