The TV and Streaming Thread: Where is Ricky Gervais when you need him???

Zoraptor

2 hours ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

Whenever I hear about Wil Wheaton, I think of his 2020 role in Rent-A-Pal where he (or his recording) convinces a guy to kill his mom and girlfriend.

Is this a movie or a show? I've never heard of it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Movie - I think I posted the trailer here, but I might have forgotten...

• Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Is this a movie or a show? I've never heard of it.

Amentep beat me to it. It's not particularly groundbreaking or anything, but I'd reccomend it if only because it will convince you to not listen to Wheaton if you think of him as Andy.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Can't believe Will Smith slapped Chris Rock at the Oscars

And (apparently, I didn't watch it) 15 minutes later he said he wants to be a vessel of love. : >

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

I didn't even know the Oscars were on, but for some reason a video of that showed up in my YT feed some minutes ago. 😛

Using Google-fu, it would appear Jada has hair loss issues (hence her haircut) and thus C Rock's joke could be seen as not cool. But Wil's reaction was ... well. Whatever. Hollywood.

6 minutes ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

Wheaton

I guess Wheaton has become strange? I used to like his blog way way way back, before it moved a few times. He seemed like an all right dude. I've seen some of his low budget films and he's a terrible actor, sorry, but that old blog was interesting to read anyway. Haven't paid attention to him in a long time tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just now, Lexx said:

And (apparently, I didn't watch it) 15 minutes later he said he wants to be a vessel of love. : >

More Google says Will's past year has been full of ... weirdness. Mid-life crisis perhaps.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Could be, who knows. I'm not blaming or debase him. Apparently his wife has a medical condition that makes her hair fall out or whatever, that's why she has the buzz cut and why the GI Jane joke didn't really fire. So I can understand that.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, I try not to judge. We all have moments in our lives, just most of us aren't in the public eye when it happens.  >.>
Not a huge fan of C. Rock the entertainer but I did admire his keeping cool and how he kept on going with the show. Although mostly right this second I feel a little weird having randomly seen this clip (I thought it was a joke at first) and then falling into the trap of being curious enough to spend time googling for a few minutes. Haha. Back to ignoring the net.

20 hours ago, ShadySands said:

sadly, we have no trouble believing how many have reflexive defended will smith. is another one o' those impulse control incidents which so disappoint us 'cause actors, athletes and executives get a different standard and am almost as disturbed by people rushing to defend the wrongdoer as we is by the initial battery. this is so not a "public eye" incident being unnecessarily magnified. 

how many people did chris rock insult during the eve before his gi jane quip? will smith were okie dokie with all the previous jokes, so his speech 'bout being a "protector" strikes us as hornswoggle. am knowing mr. smith didn't wanna look like a b!tch by apologizing to chris rock, but that woulda' taken far more courage and woulda' meant something.

'cause o' trump, the washington correspondent's dinner stopped the tradition o' having comedians host. gonna do the same for the oscars? am guaranteeing if you got a comedian host the oscars next year there will be a joke more offensive than the gi jane bit. antifa thinks is swell to respond to offensive speech with violence, and is a shocking number o' americans who do not have a problem with such behaviour.

and anybody who is going around and smacking people 'cause o' the equivalent o' the chris rock gi jane joke, seek professional help. do in private and get away with such behaviour don't make your actions less disturbing. if you genuine do not have the impulse control to restrain yourself from attacking a comedian, then you got a problem and you should seek help. making excuses? is disappointing but not surprising.

HA! Good Fun!

ps is not fair there is a different standard for minorities, but will smith's smack will be used to legitimize the firm held views o' too many fox viewers and cops who believe minority men is violent by nature. is not will smith's fault we gotta be extra careful when pulled over by cops for some bs at 2:00am. even so, pretend will smith's actions is complete insular is also fantasy. 

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

...trying to imagine Will Smith and Ricki Gervais in the same room... 🥊

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

13 minutes ago, Gorth said:

...trying to imagine Will Smith and Ricki Gervais in the same room... 🥊

Something tells me a **** ton of comedians **** themselves after that slap and are going to start screening frantically.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Something tells me Will Smith has a temper issue... stuff that needs anger management courses rather than screening?

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm not going to speculate on the mindset of a guy I've never met, maybe Will Smith is a very angry man or maybe he isn't.

I'm more commenting on comedians looking at the prospect of slap and taking precautions against it. They're not going to want to be in the same room as someone who would slap them and are going to try their damndest to avoid it.

Edited by KP wants Blue Velvet

Yeah, I don't think this really changes the calculations for other comedians. I think most up and coming ones would love to be attacked by Will Smith or other celebrity because unlike Chris rock, they could use the money and I also doubt many people will start thinking it's okay to do now because Smith seemingly had no consequences.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

13 hours ago, KP wants Blue Velvet said:

I'm not going to speculate on the mindset of a guy I've never met, maybe Will Smith is a very angry man or maybe he isn't.

I'm more commenting on comedians looking at the prospect of slap and taking precautions against it. They're not going to want to be in the same room as someone who would slap them and are going to try their damndest to avoid it.

Just make it Open Carry and Mic night

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You know the movie industry is in fantastic shape when nobody is talking about the winners from their biggest annual circle jerk award show and is instead talking about an actor who hasn't been relevant in over a decade slapping a comedian over a relatively tame joke.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

14 minutes ago, Amentep said:

This looks so dumb that it might be great. I'm hoping it reaches Wish Upon levels of hilarious stupidity.

fingers-crossed-17.gif

• Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

25 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Could be a stroke, but there are other causes as well.  Sad to hear, but hopefully he'll have a good management and see improvements (but kinda dependent on causes and type of aphasia, as I understand it).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

There had been rumors about dementia for a few years already. It explains quite a lot about his latest film choices, tbh. Sucks, especially since he isn't even that old yet.