What You've Done Today - But you… have elected… the way of… pain!

Amentep

On 12/26/2021 at 12:10 PM, Azdeus said:

So it turns out that either my watertubes in the lake has either come undone from their weights, or they aren't buried deep enough to manage a few days with -15C temperature without a snow cover. God****ingdammit!

That said, it's a perfect excuse to use the hot-tub every day, shame it's heated with firewood...

So we've had a few days of thaw, and the ice has basically melted away now and guess what is floating in the ice? Oh yeah, my watertubes has come undone from their weights...

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

8 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Im just curious, but have you ever had a job in your adult life?

Well, as I've probably said in various ways before, I'm not sure I'm an adult even now, despite what it says on any gov. records.  😛

I've never had a career-path type of job but I worked lots of retail and had my own housecleaning "business" (just self-contractor, basically, with a full-time number of clients I'd scrounged up) until I was in my late 20's. After that it was occasional part-time or single-job tasks, then it became "retired."

In retail I was apparently smart enough or likable enough managers/owners kept wanting to promote me and send me to management ... classes? training? ... but I'd always say no thank you. I learned I do not deal well with certain types of stress triggers (depression/suicidal tendencies back then) and also had a few terrible employer/co-worker "me too" type experiences, and thus most of my life has been about studiously avoiding putting myself in situations where such stress triggers or situations could occur.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Btw, I'm 53 now.  I was still in my (late) 30's when I first started showing up in this forum. How bizarre.

...y'know how I didn't quite shave my head earlier this year? It's all maybe 4 inches long now. I think it grew back way more grey than before. 😆 I became used to not having to "take care" of hair and it's super annoying having to consider it again. I may buzz it off again in early summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

4 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Btw, I'm 53 now.  I was still in my (late) 30's when I first started showing up in this forum. How bizarre.

...y'know how I didn't quite shave my head earlier this year? It's all maybe 4 inches long now. I think it grew back way more grey than before. 😆 I became used to not having to "take care" of hair and it's super annoying having to consider it again. I may buzz it off again in early summer.

... I think my hair might be reaching about 90 cm's by now 😂

I haven't had a haircut since before 'rona and then it was about shoulder length

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

^ Probably said before but longest my hair ever was, was about the small of my back. A little higher than the hipline I guess.

But another factor of (my) aging is hair brittle and thinning. The density of hairs per inch. Mine used to be flat but super dense and my brushes would be almost clean of hair/breakage was minimal and my clothes/pillows etc. would never have hair on them. Now I seem to be shedding all that extra density like a cat in summer.  So far it's ok because it was so extra dense to begin with, but I'm starting to wonder if I'll be egg-bald when I'm 70.  :shifty:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

^ Probably said before but longest my hair ever was, was about the small of my back. A little higher than the hipline I guess.

But another factor of (my) aging is hair brittle and thinning. The density of hairs per inch. Mine used to be flat but super dense and my brushes would be almost clean of hair/breakage was minimal and my clothes/pillows etc. would never have hair on them. Now I seem to be shedding all that extra density like a cat in summer.  So far it's ok because it was so extra dense to begin with, but I'm starting to wonder if I'll be egg-bald when I'm 70.  :shifty:

That's about where my hair is, just above the coccyx. I've lost quite a bit of hair for the past few years though due to seborrhoeic eczema in the scalp. >_<

I had hair halfway down my back once upon a time. Those days are long gone. Thanks, male pattern baldness! >_<

On the plus side, being bald is low maintenance. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I had hair halfway down my back once upon a time. Those days are long gone. Thanks, male pattern baldness! >_<

On the plus side, being bald is low maintenance. :lol:

My brothers and my dad are... not quite bald, but very, very thin haired by now. I seem to have inherited all the hair in the family 🤔

Leaving it uncut for 3 months makes me look like a 70's hippie with "microphone hair" (it's also very curly) 😖

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

F...fffff....fffrrreeezzziinngg  mmyyy asssss oofffff

I am convinced North America is actually uninhabitable north of I-70 in the winter. 

• Haha 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

I am convinced North America is actually uninhabitable north of I-70 in the winter. 

GD why dont  you light a fire, that normally heats things up ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 1/3/2022 at 4:28 PM, LadyCrimson said:

In retail I was apparently smart enough or likable enough managers/owners kept wanting to promote me and send me to management ... classes? training? ... but I'd always say no thank you. I learned I do not deal well with certain types of stress triggers (depression/suicidal tendencies back then) and also had a few terrible employer/co-worker "me too" type experiences, and thus most of my life has been about studiously avoiding putting myself in situations where such stress triggers or situations could occur.

Having been a manager, I can't say I can blame you for avoiding it.  While the perks are nice, the downside is steep.

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Seems legit.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Trying to get back into the job hunt with the New Year, and that half prep for dad starting radiotherapy next week.

Still puttering stuff around for Mandalorian Mercs application in the future. Figuring out how to use Blender to get what I want on those STL designs. On the real world side of things, I've picked up a pair of scrubs that I'm going to turn into the flight suit. Spent half an hour starting to rip seams out of one set so I've got spare material that matches when I get to work on the main set to be worn.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

5 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Warnings were given. I am retiring to the desert.

This is my first week back to serious training. I have 12 weeks until my half Ironman race, so time to get serious. So far I have swam twice, run twice, and got in a good climbing road bike ride. I just need anothe swim, bike, and run to finish the week out. 😓

• Like 2

Lately I've been trying to get back into the habit of reading more books. I finished The Last Watch by J. S. Dewes, and now I'm reading the sequel: The Exiled Fleet. It's pretty enjoyable military space opera. The books mainly focus on Adequin Rake, a career member of the Legion, and Cavalon, a disgraced royal family member.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I have a new pair of takkies for cardio training and the last 2 days of my Cpt walk have been noticeably easier, especially on the hills 🚶‍♂️

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

For a few months now, neither local stores or Amazon Fresh have had my diet Mt. Dew in cans. Ever. Sometimes they have 16oz plastic bottles, sometimes not. I prefer cans.  Strangely, whenever up at the new house, the stores around there have it/are apparently hoarding it, so whenever I go up I check and buy some. Hubby went up there last night just without me (just paying/checking in with a handyman dude, coming right back). He texted me a picture with a thumbs-up over four 12-packs of my caffeine addiction, with the word

"SCORE"

I love my man.
Btw, he's not an adult, either. It's probably why we get along so well.  😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today I turned 80. Well technically 30, but I think we can add 25 years apiece to 2020 and 2021.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 minute ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

Today I turned 80. Well technically 30, but I think we can add 25 years apiece to 2020 and 2021.

Happy birthday KP! Welcome to the years where you start asking yourself what you have done with your life. 😄

Joking aside, I wish you all the best.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

4 minutes ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

Happy Birthday Drinks GIFs | Tenor

• Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

21 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

For a few months now, neither local stores or Amazon Fresh have had my diet Mt. Dew in cans. Ever. Sometimes they have 16oz plastic bottles, sometimes not. I prefer cans.  Strangely, whenever up at the new house, the stores around there have it/are apparently hoarding it, so whenever I go up I check and buy some. Hubby went up there last night just without me (just paying/checking in with a handyman dude, coming right back). He texted me a picture with a thumbs-up over four 12-packs of my caffeine addiction, with the word

"SCORE"

I love my man.
Btw, he's not an adult, either. It's probably why we get along so well.  😆

You guys have a  great relationship, I always like to hear about happy couples because their are many unhappy stories out their 💞

John Milton 

happy 30th.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

20 hours ago, Sarex said:

Happy birthday KP! Welcome to the years where you start asking yourself what you have done with your life. 😄

Joking aside, I wish you all the best.

I've been doing that for years by now lmao. 😭

20 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Happy Birthday Drinks GIFs | Tenor

A guitar ice cube (or stone) seems intrusive.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands