What are you Playing Now? Games = Life

Amentep

38 minutes ago, Oner said:

I haven't played True Colors so I can't compare, but I can't fathom how it could be more preachy than 2. Episode 1 killed it for me, so maybe it gets better later but after I got spoiled on the "final boss" I doubt it.

That is...not promising.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Inverting the roles is a pretty good point. Imagine the characters would be raving about going to their awesome All Lives Matter-parade and hanging patriot flags all over the house. People would rip it to shreds.

Hope the next Life is Strange won't be made by Deck Nine, because clearly their tumblr-style writing has lost me.

That said, the remakes of LiS1 will release in february 2022, so yay, I guess.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've been playing forza horizon 5, and so far the best thing about it is the memories about Test Drive Unlimited that it evokes sometimes. I just finished a race that goes around the entire map and I was done with it in 15 minutes, the game lauded me for finishing the gruesomely long race, and all I could do was remember the 200km "Around the Island" race that took me the better part of 45 minutes if I recall correctly, and it was awesome. Forza is definetly newer and has alot less of the geometry issues and such that TDU had, but the racing is so much less interesting. 😕 And Forza also feels very sluggish, not performance-wise but driving 200kmh feels closer to 70-100kmh or so.

Also, TDU had less ****ing lootboxes, less nagging about online activities and was less silly.

That said a big + for Forza is that you can drive a Volvo 242 Turbo Evo and a Volvo 850R. So there's that, well worth 60$.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

4 hours ago, Lexx said:

Inverting the roles is a pretty good point. Imagine the characters would be raving about going to their awesome All Lives Matter-parade and hanging patriot flags all over the house. People would rip it to shreds.

Hope the next Life is Strange won't be made by Deck Nine, because clearly their tumblr-style writing has lost me.

That said, the remakes of LiS1 will release in february 2022, so yay, I guess.

I did not even realize that the developers had changed. The hell is Deck Nine? ...To be fair, it's not like Dontnod has the greatest track record either, but seriously, who the heck is Deck Nine? Some Square-Enix subsidiary? Wasn't Life Is Strange Dontnod's own IP? :huh:

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Their writing style is very noticeable. I guess Before the Storm still turned out ok because it's staying very close to the original game. But everything after is like a train that keeps derailing.

Not sure if a Dontnod game at this point would be better, though. After all they made LiS2 and then Tell Me Why and Twin Mirror - the later two I have never seen anyone ever talk about.

• Sad 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

After all they made LiS2 and then Tell Me Why and Twin Mirror - the later two I have never seen anyone ever talk about.

I forgot all about Twin Mirror.  If I recall correctly, that's a narrative-driven murder mystery with surreal elements. That sounds like it would be squarely in my wheelhouse. I have way too much on my plate right now, but I should look into scooping it up next time a good sale comes along.

Edit: It's 50% off on the PS store for another week. Hmm...

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I've been playing forza horizon 5, and so far the best thing about it is the memories about Test Drive Unlimited that it evokes sometimes. I just finished a race that goes around the entire map and I was done with it in 15 minutes, the game lauded me for finishing the gruesomely long race, and all I could do was remember the 200km "Around the Island" race that took me the better part of 45 minutes if I recall correctly, and it was awesome. Forza is definetly newer and has alot less of the geometry issues and such that TDU had, but the racing is so much less interesting. 😕 And Forza also feels very sluggish, not performance-wise but driving 200kmh feels closer to 70-100kmh or so.

Also, TDU had less ****ing lootboxes, less nagging about online activities and was less silly.

That said a big + for Forza is that you can drive a Volvo 242 Turbo Evo and a Volvo 850R. So there's that, well worth 60$.

Kinda same, been poking at Forza Horizon 5. It's fun, and it's more inline with Horizon 3 than 4 (which I didn't like and barley played).

This about sums it up, honestly:

This content cannot be displayed until agreeing to our use of Social Media cookies. Learn more.

Manage cookies

I wish someone would create a proper TDU sequel ... (no TDU2 does not exist, and never has)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, marelooke said:

Kinda same, been poking at Forza Horizon 5. It's fun, and it's more inline with Horizon 3 than 4 (which I didn't like and barley played).

This about sums it up, honestly:

This content cannot be displayed until agreeing to our use of Social Media cookies. Learn more.

Manage cookies

I wish someone would create a proper TDU sequel ... (no TDU2 does not exist, and never has)

I'm only getting some "agree to cookies" alert from what you posted there, could you just post a headline or something that I can find it?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I was finally able to beat Martyr Logarius in Bloodborne. Holy crap, what a piece of work ... Took me probably 20 attempts or something like that. Most of the issues I blame on the input lag.. hitting a button and not seeing a reaction fast enough, or losing a split second in reaction time can make a huge difference in the game. Also a big part of the fight is very random and depends on the boss position... you need to stay as close to him as possible, but if he is near a wall or roof corner, you are f'd.

Funny enough, in the end it was best to use the Tonitrus, hit him twice fast, dodge to the side, hit him twice again, dodge to the side, etc. do some emergency healing in-between, rinse and repeat. If his position was not super crap, you could chain the attacks to get his hitpoints down super fast.

I got nostalgia kick and wanted to play NFS underground but it seems its not on steam. Anyone can recommend newer NFS (or other racing game) where you can pimp your ride like in underground 1 or 2?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

4 hours ago, Lexx said:

I was finally able to beat Martyr Logarius in Bloodborne. Holy crap, what a piece of work ... Took me probably 20 attempts or something like that. Most of the issues I blame on the input lag.. hitting a button and not seeing a reaction fast enough, or losing a split second in reaction time can make a huge difference in the game. Also a big part of the fight is very random and depends on the boss position... you need to stay as close to him as possible, but if he is near a wall or roof corner, you are f'd.

Funny enough, in the end it was best to use the Tonitrus, hit him twice fast, dodge to the side, hit him twice again, dodge to the side, etc. do some emergency healing in-between, rinse and repeat. If his position was not super crap, you could chain the attacks to get his hitpoints down super fast.

Input lag: I remember trying to play Sekiro on a TV and being like "have I lost my touch", because I couldn't do anything right in that game. Switched over to my normal PC monitor and suddenly everything was so much easier and enemies that I couldn't ever react in time to before I could do so easily now. So then I got Super Mario Bros. running on the same TV and realized that the controls felt like I was playing in molasses and the input lag epiphany finally hit me: my TV is not meant for playing fast-paced/reflex video games (and the same probably applies to most flat-screen TVs in general unless you select a model specifically known for very low input lag). It makes a pretty large difference.

I await the day Bloodborne comes out on PC...I already played through it on PS4, but I don't have a PS4 anymore, and I'd like to do an SL1 run just like I did for DeS/DS1/DS3.

Yup, I also had to turn off all those extra effects like sharpening, etc because it would increase the input lag. There is still a bit delay, though, which adds to the pain.

What's interesting is that not all games are affected in the same way. The last of us 2 is totally fine to play, and I don't have much of an issue in RDR2 either. My guess is those games were specifically designed around the input lag on modern TVs. It kinda explains the natural slowness that players experience when playing - pretty sure this is done to mitigate the effects.

I also have input lag when playing pc games via HDMI on the tv, but here I mostly blame the 8m cable, which is very well isolated, but still too long .... HOWEVER, what I find very interesting is that MGSV has no input lag at all. This game plays on the tv exactly the same. No clue how they did that ... maybe the data footprint is much smaller? How come this game runs perfectly fine, but everything else suffers from input lag? I don't get it.

That said, I've beat the Amygdala in 2 attempts. Bit of a miracle... also not. On my second attempt I've glued myself to its tail and just beat the balls with the Tonitrus until the fight was over. I barely took any damage at all.

And just now I've finished off Micolash (with some cheesing, but whatever). Let's see where the game will bring me to next ...

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

I got nostalgia kick and wanted to play NFS underground but it seems its not on steam. Anyone can recommend newer NFS (or other racing game) where you can pimp your ride like in underground 1 or 2?

Mmm, I remember that game, good fun!

An aquaintance of mine told me to try Street Legal Racing: Redline, it's supposed to have alot of customization. Otherwise I think that NFSU is the cream of the crop.

If you want to build your car from scratch you should try My Summer Car :p

3 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Unfortunately no such a game was released lately AFAIK. All NFS games after NFSU2 were just a big pile of steaming 💩 And other developers never went with that kind of feel again. With the exception of Bandai Namco, who released licensed Fast and Furious game, but that was even worse than all the previous NFS games... What a wasted potential of licensed IP...

EDIT:

Well, if you have a working PS3 or emulator, you can run Gran Turismo 5 and 6, which are the closest games, to what you are asking for. Even though, you cannot pimp your ride so much than in NFSU series.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Went back and started up my 2nd life path route on Cyberpunk. Thought I'd see what a year's worth of patches might have done to the game.

Not that I had any major issues on my first game when it released, just a small handful of graphical glitches that were noticable.

Does seem to be a lot fewer people moving around and less cars on the street.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Aaand I just finished off the Wet Nurse boss in Bloodborne. Not sure if the fight was bugged for me or whatever happened, but ... all the boss did was swing the arms a little bit and I just had to walk to the back and whack with the Tonitrus. It didn't even enter another stage or something. Just died like it was nothing. Weird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raithe said:

Went back and started up my 2nd life path route on Cyberpunk. Thought I'd see what a year's worth of patches might have done to the game.

Not that I had any major issues on my first game when it released, just a small handful of graphical glitches that were noticable.

Does seem to be a lot fewer people moving around and less cars on the street.

I need to get the patch via my slow connection, still need to finish my male V corpo path.  Have to say I liked Nomad the best.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Working through games I bought yet never played still, next up is Kings Bounty Crossroads.  Looks like a lot to do in this one.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

34 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Working through games I bought yet never played still, next up is Kings Bounty Crossroads.  Looks like a lot to do in this one.

Is that the 3rd one? I enjoyed the first two King's Bounty games, but heard mixed thing about the recent one. Let me know how it goes.

7 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

Is that the 3rd one? I enjoyed the first two King's Bounty games, but heard mixed thing about the recent one. Let me know how it goes.

Yah, is the sequel to Legend (which I thought I was installing for a moment).  So far so good, is HoMM like I expected, and I suck at it, like I expected.

• Like 1

I would like to make a game with stickmen, and then produce a nude patch for it, which wouldn't change anything because all characters are stickmen. But npcs would react to the player with comments like "Put some clothes on!"

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

3 minutes ago, melkathi said:

I would like to make a game with stickmen, and then produce a nude patch for it, which wouldn't change anything because all characters are stickmen. But npcs would react to the player with comments like "Put some clothes on!"

Then modders would add boobs.

• Like 1