nfl 2021-2022

Gromnir

7 hours ago, Gromnir said:

fixed. truth to tell, any explanation rodgers offered were gonna be suspect 'cause, y'know, he already had been lying 'bout his vaccination status.

That's the thing that's wild to me - he could've left it at a few sentences about being allergic and it wouldn't have been great, but we all could've moved on without too much controversy even if people still doubted it. Instead, he was super-ultra-mega-uber-mondo-defensive and went on a full anti-vaxxer rant for like 20 minutes while the entire world was watching. I had to turn off the video while I was watching it live because of how embarrassing it was. Meanwhile, Pat McAfee was sitting there in a sort of stunned silence while the insanity just continued to crap out of Rodgers' mouth and he couldn't stop Rodgers from self-immolating. Just so unnecessary and gross.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

previous to getting caught in the lie, if rodgers had explained he weren't taking the vaccine 'cause o' an allergy, we woulda' given him the benefit o' the doubt and assumed he were telling the truth, even if such a belief were a bit naïve. 

dunno. the allergy explanation isn't too convincing either. the cdc does not actual recommend you forgoing the vaccine if you have an allergy to an ingredient o' one o' the vaccines. according to the cdc, you should have a discussion with your doctor if you have such an allergy, and am doubting joe rogan counts. cdc says don't use the vaccine if you have had a "severe" or "immediate" reaction to an ingredient. rodgers is s'posed allergic to an ingredient in both moderna and pfizer and there is a relative short list o' stuff he could possible be allergic to in one o' those. since rodgers already lied, chances are we woulda' asked to know what specific he were allergic to and if he had previous suffered a significant allergic reaction to the ingredients, and considering he had already lied 'bout taking the vaccine, we likely woulda wanted proof. tell us he is allergic to peg or lipids? is possible but a statistical anomaly. heck, the nfl has already partial thrown rodgers under the bus on his lying as would seem they denied that an nfl team doctor spoke with rodgers 'bout the vaccine and provided the advice rodgers claim were given. 

nevertheless, is true this ain't anywhere near some o' the other nfl player behaviors which the nfl has overlooked or condoned. we haven't purchased steelers merch or rooted for the team since 2010, and we won't as long as roethlisberger remains on the team.

is a handful o' rogues in our big ben category and aaron rodgers recent antivax tirade and tortured relationship with honesty don't place him in that category o' villain. is not as if we would stop rooting for greenbay just 'cause rodgers is a tool, although am also not liking how the green bay organization enabled rodgers behavior and lies. 

we did end up watching the full rodgers interview btw.

wow.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I feel like Rodgers is paying me back for the multiple times he murdered muh Boys in the most painful way possible and ended our season. Between the will he won't he off-season drama and this latest media ****storm... *chef kiss* Magnifique! I hope he keeps pouring gasoline on the fire, this is great! :dancing:

• Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

So our offense decided to not show up for today's game. Alrighty then.

Yeah, my QB decided not to show up today too, it happens. Something about horse paste being better than vaccines, I guess.

(e): Er...wow, you weren't kidding, :x.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

So, umm, I don't... What do you say about a game like that? I can't blame our defense, what are they supposed to do when they spend the entire game on the field because the offense can't do anything? There's having a bad game, that happens, then there is this. Our offense just collectively took a **** on the field.

😳

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

3 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

So, umm, I don't... What do you say about a game like that? I can't blame our defense, what are they supposed to do when they spend the entire game on the field because the offense can't do anything? There's having a bad game, that happens, then there is this. Our offense just collectively took a **** on the field.

😳

Packers got demolished even worse against the Buccaneers last regular season, and the Packers QB still won MVP. Good times.

• Gasp! 1

Falcons beat the Saints to move to 4-4.  Given the way we opened (3 preseason losses and then lose first two games) its nice to be at .500, I guess.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

42 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Falcons beat the Saints to move to 4-4.  Given the way we opened (3 preseason losses and then lose first two games) its nice to be at .500, I guess.

I do believe the Falcons are, shockingly, the seventh seed right now.

2 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I do believe the Falcons are, shockingly, the seventh seed right now.

Hahaha, that's kinda sad.  I mean it'd be nice if we managed to roll on into a post-season of some kind, but still we used to have this kind of start and already be mathematically eliminated from the post-season 8 games in. lol.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

22 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Hahaha, that's kinda sad.  I mean it'd be nice if we managed to roll on into a post-season of some kind, but still we used to have this kind of start and already be mathematically eliminated from the post-season 8 games in. lol.

I hate 17 games, and I hate 7 post-season teams. 16 and 6 was so much more mathematically pleasing, plus it used to be that two teams got a bye, now the #1 seed has an overwhelming advantage compared to all the other teams when #1 seeds were already representing their conference at too high of a rate...ergh. NFC is very top-heavy this season, although this week did some pretty serious damage to that with the Packers (lmao), Rams, Cowboys, and Saints (double lmao) all losing.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the # of games creep (in the NFL or the NBA, but the latter is a different thread entirely).  

On 11/8/2021 at 7:36 AM, Amentep said:

Yeah, I'm not crazy about the # of games creep (in the NFL or the NBA, but the latter is a different thread entirely).  

The games are so slow now with all the interminable penalty reviews that they're barely worth watching. Adding one more game doesn't really make it any interesting; they need to speed up the action.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

After the utter embarrassment that occurred last weekend, muh Boys seem to have their $#!+ together this week. Maybe just before last week's game a truck full of banana peels crashed in the middle of the field, spilling its contents. This week banana peel trucks were wisely banned from driving anywhere near the football game.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

After the utter embarrassment that occurred last weekend, muh Boys seem to have their $#!+ together this week. Maybe just before last week's game a truck full of banana peels crashed in the middle of the field, spilling its contents. This week banana peel trucks were wisely banned from driving anywhere near the football game.

It's a little shocking the difference one week can make in the NFL.

11 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

It's a little shocking the difference one week can make in the NFL.

I did earlier this season write that we would have a dumb loss somewhere along the way, I just didn't expect muh boys to $#!+ the bed quite so spectacularly last week. As long as it was an outlier and we got it out of our system I guess it's fine.

We looked good this week but it was against the hapless Falcons. Our tough stretch is coming up with Chiefs, Raiders, and Saints the next 3 weeks. Granted, KC has been super shaky all year and Nawlins lost Jameis. Still, those games should be better indicators of if we're back in good form than this week's game was.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

17 hours ago, Keyrock said:

More than likely, its because they were playing the Falcons.  Ouch.

17 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

@BartimaeusPackers are selling team stock currently. Are you getting in on that? You could technically be a NFL team owner!

Yeah, I can't really hype myself into buying a $300 certificate that says I'm an owner, :p. There are a whole lot better things to spend $300 on...heck, just going to a game would probably be better.

The Bills were one of the pre-season favorites to go to the superbowl BIG GAME and they're still technically tied for the division lead, but, and I can't believe I'm actually typing this, the Pats look like the best team in the AFC East. (Holy run-on sentence, Batman!)

Edited by Keyrock
  • Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Cowboys receiver corps made the interesting decision to wear the same butter-coated gloves they used in the blowout loss to the Broncos. Bold move!:banghead:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Cowboys receiver corps made the interesting decision to wear the same butter-coated gloves they used in the blowout loss to the Broncos. Bold move!:banghead:

Can't say I'd be too mad if the Chiefs gave us back the #1 seed.

(e): Although the Cardinals are currently beating the Seahawks even without Kyler Murray, so probably not.

(e): Yeah, guess I'll take the #2 back, at least. Chiefs are good again, I guess!

Edited by Bartimaeus

2 of the last 3 weeks our offense has been worthless, and the 1 week we lit the other team up was against a team that isn't even trying any more and wasn't any good to begin with. I'm at a concern level of 6/10. :(

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸