Cyberpunk 2077 continuing discussion

Amentep

6 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Public Service Announcement: Feel free to beat the $#!+ out of Fingers, there's now no downside.

I'll try to be as spoiler-free as possible. Fingers is an absolutely deplorable character you meet. You have the option to rough him up or not. Roughing him up formerly locked you out of some of the best cybernetics, though, as he's a ripperdoc and he, understandably, won't do business with you if you beat his ass. However, with the 2.0 update the cybernetics once only available through him are now available elsewhere, so go ahead and bust him up real good, if you so wish.

does shooting finger still get 1 star

also wanted to shoot that scavenger ripperdoc

9 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

does shooting finger still get 1 star

I think so. AFAIK the only change was making his inventory available from other ripperdocs.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Got some more hours with the expansion. In short:

- Still like the car. It just looks good. Only shame it kinda drives like ass. Not sure why they can't balance cars to not be so touchy. Hard to not crash into everything all the time.
- Story presentation so far is pretty nice. Some cool moments, not too easy, not too hard. Felt a lot like Escape from New York in the beginning. Now it has opened up for me and guess I can go and do whatever I want.
- visually still look amazing. There's few glitches here and there, but whatever. Still the best looking game I've played to date.
- the new area has lots of verticality. This is one thing I don't like about the base game.. everything is flat and on ground level unless a gig makes you move into a predefined map.. and even then there's rarely any verticality.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Looking at the skill trees, I'm probably going to concentrate on body and tech with some reflex, at least enough to some of the dashing skills. Once I can afford it, I'm getting some preem gorilla arms and I'm charging in and punching chumps in the face and/or tossing them at their cohorts. 

Right now I have a baseball bat, a shotgun, and a LMG. That will have to do until after The Heist.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I went with cool and reflex, since I'm a revolver guy, and for everything else I'm using Katana. Though, I have to say that knife throwing is really good as well. Stealthy, fast, usable distance is pretty far as well. Combine it with dash and/or optical camo and you can easily stealth whole areas now.

Bit sad that I can't really do mechanical and hacking stuff anymore, but oh well. It's not really required anyways.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Looking at the skill trees, I'm probably going to concentrate on body and tech with some reflex, at least enough to some of the dashing skills. Once I can afford it, I'm getting some preem gorilla arms and I'm charging in and punching chumps in the face and/or tossing them at their cohorts. 

Right now I have a baseball bat, a shotgun, and a LMG. That will have to do until after The Heist.

barrel through enemy are amazing

I guess at this point it is clear that CDPR will never fix the graphics settings bug that keeps randomly applying different settings for no reason. Launched the game today and DLSS with Frame Generation was turned on, although the really interesting takeway from this experience is that I only noticed because there's noticable ghosting on airtraffic warning lights. Not playing with Pathtracing (or, as the game calls it, RT Overdrive), so it's not necessary.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I finished The Heist. I went full bloodbath this time (ghosted my first playthrough of The Heist). I'm level 10, I think you need to be 15 to start Phantom Liberty(?). Am I correct in assuming that once I trigger the PL quest chain I can still do main game content and hop back and forth between the two?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Am I correct in assuming that once I trigger the PL quest chain I can still do main game content and hop back and forth between the two?

Yes.

To start the expansion story, you'll have to meet with Alt. Don't think there was a level requirement to that.

• Thanks 1

I got some gorilla arms, wouldn't exactly call 'em preem, but I'm just starting out. I don't yet have the reflexes for dash, so for now I'm using regular ol' sprint with wrecking ball for damage mitigation while I charge right into punks. When I get low on health I activate berserk and I have 8 seconds of essentially invulnerability and unlimited stamina with which to turn skulls into fine chunks. It's rather basic, but it will do for now.

I could have bought more chrome but I wanted to settle my debt to Vik ASAP. There's really nothing to gain from it and 21K eddies to lose, but I'm a man of my word.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The new police system is actually quite fun. Managed to bait larger group of Tyger Claws into a shootout with NCPD. Managed to kill one of the MaxTac squads, but a new arrived and I left, they're pretty hit point spongey and my ammo was running low.

Does anyone know if there's  a limited amount of MaxTac spawns, or are they going at you until you get bored and run away?

• Like 1

Finished the Phantom Liberty story. Johnny was right, f- the suits.

I saved the presidents arse and she paid me 5000 eddies. Even my fixers pay more.

It's a good expansion. Only had a few bugs, nothing serious. Cutscenes are nice, story felt good. Some great moments in there. Still sad that I can't shoot Lizzy Wizzy in her face.

Man, I really want to see another chimera fight. Spider robots are just awesome. Not enough of those in the game.

On 9/30/2023 at 8:25 PM, majestic said:

Does anyone know if there's  a limited amount of MaxTac spawns, or are they going at you until you get bored and run away?

Either my game is bugged or I just answered that question myself. Police is ignoring me ever since I killed a bunch of MaxTac guys. Kinda fun just firing the hand cannon into a group of civilians without repercussions.

• Gasp! 1

16 minutes ago, Theonlygarby said:

Got to the phantom liberty part of the game... I am struggling hard with all the platforming at the start.  I've died at least twice as much in the first 30 minutes of phantom liberty than I have the rest of the base game.... I am... so bad

drop to death 5 times due to forget how movement work in this game

struggle with new dash now that they are no longer double direction

36 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

drop to death 5 times due to forget how movement work in this game

struggle with new dash now that they are no longer double direction

The dash is annoying me also... usually when I'm sneaking and I accidently dash out into everyone's line of sight... but also dashing to my death

Edited by Theonlygarby

Damn, playing vanilla gigs after Phantom Liberty now is such a let down. Almost every side-mission is so short and simple, and half the time it's very samey. In comparison, gigs in Dogtown are full blown missions with multiple choices and actual consequences.

Thanks to level scaling they aren't even hard. I just steamroll everything.

Have to say, generally not that big a fan of the level scaling. Either it's too easy now, or too hard. And depending on your difficulty setting every combat encounter is like that. Played on Hard for a while, which make the sandbox interactions a little more interesting, but as soon as you hit a boss fight, they are just incredible bullet sponges that suck all the fun out of me.

You know, thinking of it, I'm really missing some Deus Ex elements in the game. Where's my ventilation duct to walk around in, where's my alternative path to tackle boss fights, etc. etc.

Edited by Lexx

8 minutes ago, Lexx said:

You know, thinking of it, I'm really missing some Deus Ex elements in the game. Where's my ventilation duct to walk around in, where's my alternative path to tackle boss fights, etc. etc.

Even there you had a boss fight waiting for you at the end of the vent.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I recently replayed Mankind Divided and there's always alternative ways of dealing with the boss. In Cyberpunk it always ends in you slugging down on a bullet sponge.

At least in the new update it feels a little more dynamic due to the random weak spots that show up, but still.

Edited by Lexx

3 hours ago, Lexx said:

Damn, playing vanilla gigs after Phantom Liberty now is such a let down. Almost every side-mission is so short and simple, and half the time it's very samey. In comparison, gigs in Dogtown are full blown missions with multiple choices and actual consequences.

Thanks to level scaling they aren't even hard. I just steamroll everything.

Have to say, generally not that big a fan of the level scaling. Either it's too easy now, or too hard. And depending on your difficulty setting every combat encounter is like that. Played on Hard for a while, which make the sandbox interactions a little more interesting, but as soon as you hit a boss fight, they are just incredible bullet sponges that suck all the fun out of me.

this is what replay witcher 3 after dlc feel like

level scaling certainly better than level suppression witcher 3 have

that was so annoying