Cyberpunk 2077

ShadySands

Doesn't really seem like anything exceptional to me, feels like I am playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided so far.  I can't wait to get a sore finger holding down the scan key as look over a room for evidence/loot/etc.  Was nice to hack people's vision and then shoot them in the head repeatedly. 

I honestly thought something was wrong when Jackie invites me for lunch and then next thing I see is a montage sequence of us doing all this cool stuff.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Doesn't really seem like anything exceptional to me, feels like I am playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided so far.  I can't wait to get a sore finger holding down the scan key as look over a room for evidence/loot/etc.  Was nice to hack people's vision and then shoot them in the head repeatedly. 

I honestly thought something was wrong when Jackie invites me for lunch and then next thing I see is a montage sequence of us doing all this cool stuff.

I would say with a mix of GTA as the map and free roam is more on that scale (but still less than GTA from what I saw). Don't know why people were expecting anything more.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I still haven't decided re: streaming (even for just a few hours) btw.  I think I have it set where I could in a basic form but I haven't live tested it yet. There are two issues with me streaming that I've always had when I tried: one, I move so slowly during a 1st playthru and two, I would feel like I can't spend long minutes taking screenshots because who wants to see me in Photomode every 20 seconds.  So I feel constrained.  Also, I'm a bad actress.  >.>   Right now I figure everyone's playing/wouldn't want to watch spoilers much so maybe after a few more hours in (tonight, tomorrow) and I get used to the controls more - I figure y'all will be miles ahead of me by then.  :lol:

Game-wise - since I'm not someone who has kept up with/knows all about info on this game for months/years, I had no idea different starting chr. choice (Nomad, Street Kid etc) would alter the beginning of the game so drastically.  It makes sense, but for some reason I thought the difference might be more related to stats or something, not the game start.  I did pick Nomad, in case it wasn't obvious to anyone.  I used little care re: picking starter stats and appearances because I'm not sure I'll finish the game.

I find the UI very cluttered, personally.  When you aren't "scanning" it's tolerable but even then there are so many elements on the screen all the time.  I'm not sure what I could turn off via options that I wouldn't miss, yet. 

Also, is there a button/key to turn off the UI without having to be in Photo Mode?  I couldn't find one.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm pretty happy that it looks like Deus Ex MK, since I think that game looked great. I was surprised that I montaged through all of introduction stuff. I mean, I would have really liked to play through those scenes to get a feel for my character. I started as a corp, so maybe it flows differently for different origins. Still, the gameplay is solid, it runs well, ad the atmosphere is great, so I'm happy.

Am I the only one that thinks Jackie sounds like Darkwing Duck? Ok, maybe a bit deeper voiced, but still...

1 hour ago, HoonDing said:

Can you just play someone who's 100% human? I hate that transhumanism crap.

Like Dishonored 2 gave you an option to play without powers.

No you can't be 100% non-augged. There's a main quest in the first few hours that requires you to get a few basic upgrades. BUT, it doesn't punish you for using augs either unlike Prey.

• Thanks 1

I saw people claiming with the same hardware as mine they were all Ultra/+RT/DLSS at 70fps in 4k.  I call BS.   😛   Maybe if they were using the ultra-performance DLSS option and turned down crowd density but then it looks like butt.  Can't decide what looks best on my stuff - I feel like screenshots are coming out slightly fuzzy here and there, is it just graphics/textures in spots or actual settings - features on, off, on, off, whatever, stop thinking about it.

And - Jackie/Darkwing Duck? I don't really see it.  Could be more line delivery than tone that makes me think that tho. 

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

54 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

That sucks but it's been known for a while that last gen consoles couldn't handle that many NPCs walking around. Personally, I'm not sure they should have bothered but I guess they ran the numbers and figured the money would outweigh the disappointment.

Free games updated 3/4/21

38 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

No you can't be 100% non-augged. There's a main quest in the first few hours that requires you to get a few basic upgrades. BUT, it doesn't punish you for using augs either unlike Prey.

Thanks for that. I still haven't started playing yet but I'd imagine that you'd at least have to have the hardware to get Neo in your brain housing unit.

Haven't watched all the pre-release media, but Jackie's going to die right and we get a MENDOOOOOOOZAAAAAAAA!!! moment ? 😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

17 minutes ago, Bokishi said:

Yeah screeenshots are fuzzy due to all that DLSS probably

Btw, what general type of settings are you playing with?

Most of the closer-ups in-game scene bits look great in screenies but it's other "stuff" that can look a bit ... fuzzy. Especially distance and lighting.

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

That sucks but it's been known for a while that last gen consoles couldn't handle that many NPCs walking around. Personally, I'm not sure they should have bothered but I guess they ran the numbers and figured the money would outweigh the disappointment.

I don't know, Hitman games have had me walking through big crowds for awhile now. 

Too early to judge... But the controls on console are annoying... Guess I've been playing more on PC lately and the controller is annoying me...  I keep trying to press the PlayStation X button... Problem is I'm on Xbox and now x is a and I keep missing QuickTime talking prompts.  

It doesn't seem all that next gen to me at this point.  Story is intriguing but I feel railroaded (I'm still early, and I could probably do side missions but I haven't... So maybe it's my fault for railroading myself.

The brain dancing is already annoying and I've only done it once(aside from tutorial)

I didn't particularly like witcher 3 so there is a chance I just don't like cdpr games.  Too early to say

Well I reached "the city" and can wander around.  I've turned off all RT for 50-60fps instead - I did sorta like the puddle/ground reflections but that was about it.  V doesn't even have a passing-by window reflection normally. Not worth it vs. higher other settings.  Not enjoying the colors of a lot of the daytime streets. I prefer the dark rainy night. 

--Thing I like:  the wandering around, picking things up, lots of corners to explore, etc. Also, so many things to read and watch initially.  I spent 7-10 minutes standing in an elevator just to watch all the commercials and news vids playing on-screen inside it. Some of the lore recordings are hard to spot/find.
--Thing I find weird for an RPG:  I feel like I'm stealing stuff from under people's noses.  Most of it is junk, mind, but point is - suitcase by a man on a bench? Open it and take the loot, they apparently don't care.
--I'm unmotivated by side quests as they sometimes trigger just from me running by.

8 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Btw, what general type of settings are you playing with?

Most of the closer-ups in-game scene bits look great in screenies but it's other "stuff" that can look a bit ... fuzzy. Especially distance and lighting.

I'm playing ultra everything, but the raytracing doesn't even reflect your character, so it's like screen space reflections regardless. Kinda disappointing 

Also doubled down and got it on the Xbox Series X, since I was curious how it would run on its velocity ssd. It won't be getting raytracing until next year though

7 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

I don't know, Hitman games have had me walking through big crowds for awhile now. 

I just meant for this game. Maybe they can optimize it further or something since even people with the best rigs are getting some major dips from what I've read.

I finally got some hours in today and I like it a lot but maybe not quite as much as I was hoping. That could change a lot as I keep playing.

I don't like driving so far and actively avoid it and I've only seen two bugs that I've noticed. One guy was driving Wonder Woman's invisible car and someone else was T posing near my apartment. I'm currently on the fence on brain dancing

I like the combat so far and am digging all the side content. I've mostly been running around and doing gigs and hacking stuff for fun and profit. 

It looks gorgeous to me and so far plays buttery smooth on my rig but I'm playing at 1080 not 2160 or even 1440 so that helps. I'd need new monitors for that anyway and I don't have eddies.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Heh, well so far I've spent just over 11 hours playing around on Cyberpunk...and I still haven't got Silverhand in my head yet. I just keep wandering around in the city, poking at gigs, various side quests that pop up, and exploring the place.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Got my copy today, and after a false start (where I thought Galaxy was downloading it, only for it to turn out to be a 60GB BG3 "patch"), I tried out character creation and tested out game performance by running around the starting area a bit.

At 1440p and the low preset, my 6700K + 290X was getting, oh, about 40fps. Remembered afterwards that I always run my GPU at -33% power limit, so a quick test at full power yielded another ~10fps (and also another ~10°C). So not great, but there will be a gap next year from when I get back from holidays to when I finally build my new PC, and I think it'd be tolerable.

Can't comment about the gameplay obviously but the character creation seemed about the right amount of complexity. Nothing too stupidly detailed, and no precision sliders to mess around with. The UI to handle all this isn't very impressive though, pretty cumbersome all around both to change things and also just to do something as simple as rotate the character model. Was also getting a weird glitch where if I held the rotate key down for more than a second or so, the item selection would snap back up to the top setting (the voice), so I had to rotate in bursts. Kinda ridiculous.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Was also getting a weird glitch where if I held the rotate key down for more than a second or so, the item selection would snap back up to the top setting (the voice), so I had to rotate in bursts. Kinda ridiculous.

Forgot that I got that too