What you've done today - One Life to Live

Amentep

Note to self: Don't go to a theater with majestic.   :lol:

Probably like most people, I only remember the catch phrases/memes, because they're short and have placed emphasis. Or the only reason I might remember names is because someone is always shouting them in the movies.

Sarah! Where is Sarah? I have to see Sarah Connor! Sarah! John! Where is John? John! Call John.

• Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Been house/dogsitting for my sister since Tuesday. A storm ran through yesterday early, early morning and her power went out. So there I was in a dark house surrounded by dogs and all of us sleeping in front of the fireplace. Thankfully, the power was restored today and my cabin fever broke. 😖

On 1/1/2021 at 1:30 PM, Gorth said:

Since I bought that big box of Game of Thrones, i suppose I better get started watching it... Episode 3 so far (first season) 😛

Gorthfuscious !!! Please tell me you joking or I am misunderstanding you....please tell me this is not the first time you are watching the GoT series ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

36 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Gorthfuscious !!! Please tell me you joking or I am misunderstanding you....please tell me this is not the first time you are watching the GoT series ?

It is :blush:

Edit: Started on season 2 now

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

46 minutes ago, Gorth said:

It is :blush:

Edit: Started on season 2 now

Gorthfuscious !!!! Im shocked and if I wasnt so loquacious I would be stunned into silence by what you saying :aiee:

Most civilized countries have passed laws where its mandatory for citizens to have watched GoT and Im sure the strict forum rules on this forum are the same as most  fantasy forums where all moderators must have watched GoT? I really like you and I dont want you to get into trouble....at least you have started watching the series :ermm: Gromnir can confirm this but  from a legal perspective that can be used as mitigating evidence when you end up in court...either way let me know if you need me as character witness or something similar?

• Haha 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not only have I not watched Game of Thrones, I have no plans to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

^ I watched the first season of GoT, because I read the first book, and enjoyed it enough in that regard.  Watched one or two episodes of the 2nd season, rapidly lost interest and am unlikely to ever watch the rest at this point. Which is pretty much what happened with the books as well. I think hubby watched two seasons.  :)

• Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

11 hours ago, Amentep said:

I've never read the books either.

I spent the first half wondering if book one would ever get interesting/less dry - it did "get pretty good" eventually but then I had to wait for a sequel.  So I was going to wait until they were all out before reading ... bought the second book 3 years later, put it on the shelf and kept waiting. At this point, I no longer care/can't be bothered.  I keep waiting for the announcement he's died before finishing and someone else will finish it.  :lol:

21 hours ago, Amentep said:

Not only have I not watched Game of Thrones, I have no plans to do so.

Thats fine, its like taking the vaccine. You cannot be forced to do it, I will also gladly be a character witness at your trial because I like you :thumbsup:

John Milton 

I installed a new Nest thermostat the other day. Easy peasy and the power company around here gives you an automatic $75.00 instant credit, so they pretty much made me buy it. :lol: I entertained myself for a little while playing around with the settings via my phone and it looks all sexy on my wall compared to the old fashioned style thermostats.

That's all well and good until someone hacks it and starts changing the settings for you. 😱

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

14 minutes ago, Amentep said:

That's all well and good until someone hacks it and starts changing the settings for you. 😱

Why IoT is a terrible thing.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, once you create the daily settings it just sits there doing its thing like any other thermostat, just sexier. But I have to give the Google Home app props for ease of installation and integration. You simply scan a QR code on the back of the thermostat and it provides step-by-step instructions right on your phone/tablet for install, connection to your wi-fi, various settings and features, etc. Its pretty slick.

I've started to buy nuts for the backyard squirrels again.  Because apparently watching them from a distance is more entertaining than TV/gaming at the moment. Put out a plate and use binoculars/camera to watch them. It's been years since I made friends with a bunch of them (to get close/feed by hand), so I'd have to start all over again with the current crop.  Not sure I'll go that far - I'm happy enough just watching.  Also, apparently the large, weathered avocado seeds (from the neighbor's tree) confuse them and they'll pick them up (sometimes the same one repeatedly over days) and sit on the fence trying to crack them open for a few minutes before realizing it's not really a ... nut.   It's hilarious. 

Edited by LadyCrimson

8 hours ago, Malcador said:

Why IoT is a terrible thing.

Main reason why I will never buy a modern vehicle. I don't even have bluetooth connectivity to my stereo 😂

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I sold my travel trailer yesterday. I only used it 3 or 4 times. Seemed like a good idea when I bought it. Making 15 Bean soup in the  crockpot for dinner. 

Remote work is definitely going to come to an end for me later this year if vaccine delivery continues on schedule. Although I'd have to be near the botttom of the list of people who get it. I've already decided I do not want to back to office work.  What that means exactly for my career, well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. My office near Fort Pillow has been closed peemeneately and the new one is close to Memphis down in Shelby County. Not interested in making that commute again. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today was unusually productive. I got up early checked my work email and saw nothing had come in. Had black coffee cottage cheese and strawberries for breakfast. Re-checked email still no work. Then I gave Sunny a bath and cleaned her ears. Fed Sunny and the chickens. Then I ordered all the seeds for this year‘s garden. And following such a hectic morning schedule I felt like I deserved a nap. When I got up I rechecked my work email and still no work and come in. So then I sat on the front porch and read a book. 

It’s a pretty good thing I don’t actually care about my job right now. Because we’re so damn slow I’d be terrified I’d be about to lose it

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My covid test came back negative, I've just been having a long drawn out cold.

• Like 5

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

This seems like a good time for the kitten update nobody requested. It fascinating to me to observe the genetic diversity that occurs even amongst siblings. Lola (Aka: Plush) is like a personification of Puss-In-Boots. She has a round face and round eyes and her body mass is soft and cuddly. Shes "my cat" and loves chilling on my lap for as long as Ill leave her there. Evie (Aka: TANK) won the genetic lotto. Shes tall, long and lean and her body mass is like holding a fruitcake, shes at least 20% larger than her sister. She has a triangular face and almond shape eyes and even her coat feels different. Shes my "wifes cat" through and through and loves to lay on her chest whenever the opportunity presents itself. I so glad that we adopted both of them. :biggrin:

• Like 3

I turned 29 today, but after this last year I feel 49.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

15 minutes ago, KaineParker said:

🎂

🥳

2 minutes ago, KaineParker said:

You've still got one more year until it all goes downhill. :thumbsup:

My wife clearly has a sinus infection, but is freaking out about Covid and is narrating her last will and testament. I'm like, I know you are miserable about the sinus pain and pressure, but you have no other covid symptoms, you haven't been exposed to anyone, and you ran 6 miles and swam laps in the pool two days ago with no problems. You aren't dying. :p

Take your antibiotics, get some sleep, and you will be fine in a couple days.

29 minutes ago, KaineParker said:

Happy Birthday KP... a few more decades and you'll be an adult 😁

(said the guy who could be your dad)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein