What you've done today - One Life to Live

Amentep

41 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

@Boeroer Are you a carpenter by trade?

No, I am a certified banker and software engineer/computer scienctist. 😄

My father is a mason who also knows woodworking (and basically all of those adjacent crafts) though, my uncle is a car mechanic, another uncle is a carpenter and a third one was a painter/paperer. So growing up I picked up lots of stuff. We almost never had to hire somebody to fix things (except electricity because of insurance issues) because somebody from the extended family would come and fix it. I even cut my own hair (and my childrens' hair as well) because my mom is a hairdresser, tehehe.

They are all retired now (painter uncle is already dead unfortunately) but they still have their private workshops and can give tipps and tricks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

22 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

No, I am a certified banker and software engineer/computer scienctist. 😄

My father is a mason who also knows woodworking (and basically all of those adjacent crafts) though, my uncle is a car mechanic, another uncle is a carpenter and a third one was a painter/paperer. So growing up I picked up lots of stuff. We almost never had to hire somebody to fix things (except electricity because of insurance issues) because somebody from the extended family would come and fix it. I even cut my own hair (and my childrens' hair as well) because my mom is a hairdresser, tehehe.

They are all retired now (painter uncle is already dead unfortunately) but they still have their private workshops and can give tipps and tricks.

Geez you lucky, I have no DIY skills...nothing sadly, so I always pay artisans and tradesman to do  any work related to DIY or home services like plumbing 

You very lucky, you definitely come from " white, male privlidege " :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Opened my email today and was flooded with comment notifications re: one of my 9+ year old FO:NV videos, making me go wtf? Its view count (relatively speaking) exploded apparently. Was scratching my head as to the reason for it - I guess this could be why? Silly YouTube recommendation algorithms. 😛

I heard it was a separate DLC-like format, which I assume means I can't take the main game NPC's in with me? Pity. Does look interesting tho, and well made.

And yes I double-posted again.

:ban:

Haha! And you're not taking this opportunity to link to your video to boost your views? 😄

Yeah, from what I read it's supposed to work like the regular ingame DLCs

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I spent most of the morning in the barn working on refurbishing that old woodstove. Yes still working on it a year later. Definitely bitten off more than I can chew on that one. But it’s cold, it’s starting to rain, and to hell with it. Came in the house to make a cuppa coffee and I think I’m just going to stay here and play fallout four. Just got to far Harbor for the first time. Looks pretty cool.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I got a call from our internal contact tracing team this morning saying that I had briefly had contact with someone who had tested positive, so that's not great. Luckily I've already had the first half of the vaccine and the contact was minimal but, still, I'll be looking forward to the test results later this week to confirm that I didn't get infected and assuming the worst until then. And hopefully I won't have to go back on-site again anytime soon since 99% of my work can be done remotely and I've been trying to do that as much as possible.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

5 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Haha! And you're not taking this opportunity to link to your video to boost your views?

It's just an 8 second funny dialogue bit from Nipton, not worth anything/not creative. Which is why I didn't understand the sudden crazy spike.

Today I woke up, ate, and now I'm going to, uh ... probably spend too much money again I'll get back to y'all on that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

11 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I even cut my own hair (and my childrens' hair as well) because my mom is a hairdresser, tehehe.

this brought back unfortunate memories. for reasons am not gonna get into, we were not raised by our parents, but we visited 'em during the summers and eventual went to live with 'em for high school years. our mother's mother owned a beauty shop and were a hairdresser. 

we learned "hairdresser" is not some kinda genetic quality passed on with dominant genes from one generation to the next. after a few bad summer haircuts from mom during our youth, we let our hair grow long. more than anything, our long hair were a defense against our mother attempting cut our hair 'cause she were the daughter o' a hairdresser who knew what she were doing. unfortunate, in high school we got our extreme long hair brutal yanked during a football game and we saw stars and jesus and and ineffable colors and shapes as our head and neck snapped most unpleasant. so we got another haircut and mom insisted on doing the job.

sophomore picture day were most embarrassing.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Dear Diary of Materialistic Whim: these Koss KSC75 over-ear small headphones that I bought are the bomb.  No more earplug effect like with earbuds, or ear pressure like 'normal' headphones, which I hate.  Good sound for the size, for mobile and PC/gaming. And not expensive. Imma gonna buy 3 more pairs (I'd guess they're not years and years durable) and a wire length extension for PC use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006B486K

Side note: With hubby home 24/7 now, I use headphones a lot more overall, since he seems to be in constant never ending phone meetings...even w/closed doors it'd be a bit rude to blast sound in the house during the day like I used to, ha.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Have to run a training session for some team in India.  Given what was given to me, I'm tempted to just present them a config file and

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 hours ago, Fionavar said:

Currently -40c in the Canadian prairies ... so reading and more reading occurring as we await a thaw on the Roost :)

Ok, -40 is too much even for me. :p

• Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken