Weird, random, interesting - now with 100% less diacriticals

Amentep

Here is what I wonder: WHY is it necessary to connect the coffee maker to the internet in the first place?

It's like ... you can't buy anything anymore without having to register it somewhere and give it wifi access. It's crazy, and highly annoying.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

8 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Here is what I wonder: WHY is it necessary to connect the coffee maker to the internet in the first place?

It's like ... you can't buy anything anymore without having to register it somewhere and give it wifi access. It's crazy, and highly annoying.

It's a push towards the whole smart home experience.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I mean, yeah, but why the hell do I need a coffee maker app on my phone? Maybe it's just me, but I loath it so hard how much apps are spamming me with messages already now. I had to disable everything on my phone, because I felt like there won't be 10 minutes of peace without anything trying to notify me about whatever unimportant stuff.

Just waiting for my toilet seat to get its own app as well.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

I mean, yeah, but why the hell do I need a coffee maker app on my phone? Maybe it's just me, but I loath it so hard how much apps are spamming me with messages already now. I had to disable everything on my phone, because I felt like there won't be 10 minutes of peace without anything trying to notify me about whatever unimportant stuff.

Just waiting for my toilet seat to get its own app as well.

Walking home trough the snow you get the urge to take a dump so you open an app on your phone to preheat the toilet seat. Once you are doing the deed you wish for some coffee to warm you up so again you get on the app and turn on the coffee maker for that fresh brew to be waiting for you.

• Like 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

for californians in particular:

The Racial Justice Impact of CA Ballot Props 16, 17, 20 & 25

Protests demanding justice for George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and many others have ignited a broader conversation about racial justice in the United States. This panel will tackle four propositions on the ballot in California this year that could change California’s racial justice landscape: Propositions 17, 20, 25, and 16.

Proposition 17 expands the rights of people on parole by granting the right to vote to those on parole for felony convictions, whereas Proposition 20 limits the rights of those who are charged and incarcerated by adding crimes to the list of felonies for which early parole is restricted and adding sentencing enhancement for certain crimes. Proposition 25 ends the use of cash bail for all detained suspects awaiting trials and replaces it with a risk assessment to determine whether a detained suspect should be granted pretrial release. Finally, Proposition 16 repeals Proposition 209, which prohibits race-based and sex-based affirmative action in public institutions. The panelists will discuss the racial justice impact of these propositions in California. 

Learn about four propositions on the ballot in November that could impact racial justice in California:

Proposition 16, which repeals the ban on affirmative action in public institutions 
Proposition 17, which grants voting rights to people on parole for felony convictions 
Proposition 20, which creates sentencing enhancements and parole restrictions
Proposition 25, which replaces cash bail with risk assessments for detained people awaiting trial. 

is a cal bar event but is being held virtual and is free to the public.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

9 minutes ago, Amentep said:

Wonder what Ancient Astronaut theorists have to say

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

14 hours ago, Malcador said:

Wonder what Ancient Astronaut theorists have to say

The ancient Egyptians knew cats had a deep connection to the Gods, maybe Bastet brought them here. Mainstream acheaology would claim that cats were worshipped in Egypt because they protected their granaries and temples from vermin but them showing up as a geoglyph in Nazca clearly suggests that cats were a gift of the aliens. :yes:

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

5 hours ago, majestic said:

The ancient Egyptians knew cats had a deep connection to the Gods, maybe Bastet brought them here. Mainstream acheaology would claim that cats were worshipped in Egypt because they protected their granaries and temples from vermin but them showing up as a geoglyph in Nazca clearly suggests that cats were a gift of the aliens. :yes:

So cats are aliens who do nothing and are waited on hand and foot by us...so proof  we've already been conquered by aliens?

• Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

https://percolately.com/homeless-jesus-statue-cops-called/?

@1-4-758x397.jpg

A Cleveland church sparked backlash online after installing a bronze statue of Jesus sleeping on a park bench.

The display—located at St. Barnabas Bay Village Episcopal Church—also made enough of an impression on a spectator that he called the police to report what he mistook as a sleeping homeless person.

• Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

1 hour ago, Amentep said:

So cats are aliens who do nothing and are waited on hand and foot by us...so proof  we've already been conquered by aliens?

Ancient astronaut theorists say.....possibly

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.comicsands.com/straight-dad-skirt-heels-work-2648416876.html?

We have been socialized to wear appropriate gendered clothing in order to keep up with appearances, and anyone deviating from those expectations are typically regarded as unusual or weird.
But Mark Bryan, an American robotics engineer who lives in Germany, does not care what people think.
He refuses to live up to any stereotypes when it comes to his daily wardrobe choices.
According to Bored Panda, Bryan wears a skirt and heels to go to work, to go into town, and even for staying at home.
"I dress like this because I can. Just to be different. I have always admired the women that wore tight skirts and heels. Not sexually, but the power they presented."
"I don't dress to be sexual, but to dress like any professional woman would. To me, clothes have no gender. I prefer skirts to dresses. Dresses don't allow me to mix the genders."
"I prefer a 'masculine' look above the waist and a non-gendered look below the waist. It's all about clothes having no gender."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

7 hours ago, Raithe said:

Maybe he's trying to get in touch with his inner Scotsman?

YXWRITA.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The best part is one soldier asking how long until a 14 year old turns 18 :lol:

Edited by Malcador

4 hours ago, rjshae said:

Veggie burgers are still burgers, EU lawmakers rule

Subway bread isn't bread, but meatless burgers are still burgers. Thanks for clearing that up, Europe.

EU can't even get that **** straight.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I was expecting a Daily Fail link to be honest.

Don't see any problem with Subway 'bread' not being bread yet vegie snags or patties still being OK to be called that. Bread is a product where the majority of added sugar gets eaten by yeast (or there is no yeast or sugar). If you have lots of excess sugar then it's a cake. Vegie burgers or sausages are in my experience always labelled as being vegetarian because it's a selling point that they are, so there's no confusion.

OTOH, I'm outraged about bananas having to have a certain curvature and cucumbers not being allowed to have any curvature, bureaucracy gone mad I tell you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1