What you've done today - Days of Our Lives

Amentep

^ I know, but I REALLY like 10mm. It's a sadly underappreciated caliber, but it's quite good in virtually any situation.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If you can afford it 10mm is definitely worth it, the problem is 10mm rounds are rare thus more expensive and 10mm guns tend to be heavier than 9x19 guns.  Both 9x19 and 10mm are miles better than .40 and .45 in my opinion.

I'd like to pick up a Russian 18-round MP-443 Grach but those are quite rare in the U.S. I got laughed at for asking for a Beretta imagine my luck at asking for a Grach!

What you all want is a CZ 75

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

^ I know, but I REALLY like 10mm. It's a sadly underappreciated caliber, but it's quite good in virtually any situation.

Hey, your money your choice. If you want a 12 gauge handgun for self defense that's your choice. I just feel that I should warn you about the limitations of a 12 gauge handgun. If you like 10 mm  and know the limitations, and you still want to go with it. Go for it, its your choice....that said, can I introduce you to my friend .380 ACP?

Tell us the truth, this is some Fallout cosplay thing. Ain't it? Just get a 10mm barrel and build a fallout gun around it.

• Haha 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Could be he likes Miami Vice. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

32 minutes ago, Orogun01 said:

Tell us the truth, this is some Fallout cosplay thing. Ain't it? Just get a 10mm barrel and build a fallout gun around it.

Why would I want a bulky AF Fallout monstrosity when I can have this classy beauty instead?

IMG_0015-01.JPG

Granted, Sigs are expensive, but I can afford it and sometimes you gotta treat yourself. I'm not going to buy right now, though, because people are buying up guns left and right for the coming apocalypse culture war societal collapse, so options are limited and prices are inflated.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

46 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Why would I want a bulky AF Fallout monstrosity when I can have this classy beauty instead?

IMG_0015-01.JPG

Granted, Sigs are expensive, but I can afford it and sometimes you gotta treat yourself. I'm not going to buy right now, though, because people are buying up guns left and right for the coming apocalypse culture war societal collapse, so options are limited and prices are inflated.

She is pretty...are you going to mod her?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I hate to sound like a shill but upon analysis it appears that buying a G20 10mm and installing all the best aftermarket accessories is the most badass option there is.  It will cost you a pretty penny (to say the least) but installing a pure tungsten guide rod into a 10mm gun will significantly reduce the added recoil that comes with 10mm pistols.  You could create the perfect handgun here if you're willing to drop the cash.

41 minutes ago, Orogun01 said:

She is pretty...are you going to mod her?

A gentleman never tells. :shifty:

On a serious note, not initially, buy never say never. Besides, this is all in the future and circumstances could change several times between now and then. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

4 hours ago, Malcador said:

Could be he likes Miami Vice. 

That was a Browning. And NOT cheap!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

9 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Gun stores around here SUCK!  I ask for a Beretta 92fs and they laughed and said "Good luck" I'm like "You don't have any?" and he says "No" like I'm an idiot for asking.  I'm sorry, aren't gun stores supposed to have a variety of weapons?

I may have to settle with a Glock 17.  I mean yeah they're ugly as all Hell but they are very reliable and they have a ton of after market accessories you can attach to them to make them look and perform better.  They even have clips that can hold 30 rounds lol.

I recommend everyone get a piece, you really never know what could happen in these upcoming days/months/years.  It's good to have one and not need it than the other way around.

Look whos going all capitalistic mall ninja! What happened to that proud son of the hammer and sickle? Not even considering a Makarov. :*

9 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

California is great. We only get a week of hot weather a year. Also no humidity, which is way worse in my experience.

*Checks Gilroy, CA average temperatures*

O.O

"Only a week of hot weather"... tell me, what is "hot weather" for you? 😄 Those average temperatures seem, literally, like hell to me! Considering that the average temperatures in Gothenburg is 10C lower than Gilroy, and I already find Gothenburg unbearably hot in the summertime, you've definetly gotten way to used to heat 😛

Around Oktober the weather starts becoming bearable for me, best is december/january when temps has a chance to go well below freezing. 🤗

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I reckon I'd have more success surviving in negative triple digit F temperatures 🤣

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

42 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

It ain't hot until we hit triple digits farenheit. :p

This is a weird week though. Very tropical right now.

Hope you don't get hit with rolling blackouts. I read that is happening on the other side of the bay.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Honestly though, it is rarely about how high the temperature gets and more about how long it stays up there. The vast majority of the days, you hit the highest temp around 3-4 PM and then it starts cooling off around 5-6 PM. We get an ocean breeze most nights that makes a huge difference. So 90's during the afternoon are not an issue when it drops to 50 at night.

Don't ask me what that translates to in Celsius. :grin:

Time to go ride the bike before it gets too hot.

Thinking about building a greenhouse. I downloaded a few different drawings and I'm working out a plan for myself. I'd like to be able to grow strawberries and herbs year round in a pest free environment. 

At the grocery store last week I bought a big bag of Fuji apples and cored them and cut them into thin slices. After two long hot days in the solar dryer I have apple chips. And they taste really good!

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

How much does 10mm ammo run? That'd probably be my primary concern as I like to get in a lot of time at the range.

Colorado is burning and it's so smoky down in Denver metro. It's given us some amazing sunsets though. It's been dry and hot but I much prefer it to the winters. 

Free games updated 3/4/21

44 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

How much does 10mm ammo run? That'd probably be my primary concern as I like to get in a lot of time at the range.

Colorado is burning and it's so smoky down in Denver metro. It's given us some amazing sunsets though. It's been dry and hot but I much prefer it to the winters. 

Bulk orders, 1k or more, you can get it for $0.60-0.65 per round. Regular retail you can expect around $1 per round based on taxes in your state. TN does not tax ammo beyond regular sales tax so a box of 25 in covington costs around $20.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

52 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

How much does 10mm ammo run? 

It's not that 10mm ammo is necessarily more expensive, I mean it will be slightly more expensive than 9mm simply because each shell is bigger, uses more metal, probably more gunpowder, etc. The issue is that your local gun store is unlikely to stock much 10mm, because it's not a popular caliber, so your selection will be severely limited as compared to a more popular caliber like 9mm.

Now, if you are buying in bulk and are willing to wait a while to receive your ammo then that issue goes out the window.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

7 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Look whos going all capitalistic mall ninja! What happened to that proud son of the hammer and sickle? Not even considering a Makarov. :*

I don't like 9x18 rounds/guns, too weak.  As I stated RU has designed the MPP3-Grach 18 round 9x19 which I would love to get my hands on but alas, they are very very rare in the U.S.

But Yes I join the chorus on thinking that 10mm guns have much more potential than they do currently with the right upgrades and recoil control.  Maybe someone will design one that takes the world by storm.

9mm is expensive because it's always in demand. .45-70 is the most expensive ammo I buy. That one I always buy in bult. Eagle Arms sells .44 Remington Magnum for $0.70 in bulk. That is definitely the way to go as long as you can store it and use it. But, in never goes bad as long as you keep it dry. 6.5mm Creedmoor is a little pricey because of it's increase in popularity. I love that round. 3k FPS (about 900 m/s) and an effective range of 1000 meters. I've stretched that out a bit with my Browning X-Bolt. 

Thomas Sowell

^ You have a .45-70? Dang. I never got to shoot one but my buddy used to lovingly refer to his uncle's. 45-70 as the "shoulder destroyer". :lol:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

^They also have .50-90 rounds.  I guess toying with ridiculously massively oversized weaponry was a thing in the late 19th century.  Once you go too big, you're compensating. ;)

Also, if you think about it, handguns haven't really evolved too much since the Colt 1911.  I mean yeah they've improved but there really hasn't been any kind of handgun revolutions since then.

1 hour ago, ComradeMaster said:

^They also have .50-90 rounds.  I guess toying with ridiculously massively oversized weaponry was a thing in the late 19th century.  Once you go too big, you're compensating. ;)

Also, if you think about it, handguns haven't really evolved too much since the Colt 1911.  I mean yeah they've improved but there really hasn't been any kind of handgun revolutions since then.

Striker hammers, polymer frames and trigger safety beg to differ.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif