R@nd0m V1d30 G@m3 N3w5

Amentep

12 minutes ago, Orogun01 said:

You guys do know that artists work on personal projects and are always under NDAs, right?

Character Model and Design I created for a Knight's Tabard Armor Upgrade on a game project for UE4.

A character model and original concepts I created for a story main character and ornate armor for a UE4 game project.

A character model and original concept I created for a medium enemy type for a UE4 game project

Well, but it is for something alright. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Well, but it is for something alright. 

Or it was for something, if a project fails you could possibly get permission to post images. If he is still working on that project while posting then he very stupidly leaked them.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

^ Interesting. I kinda don't like the art style. It looks like a westerner started to do a Japanese anime style, but only went 60% of the way. I don't know how else to describe it. The whole black & white except with bright red has been done before, but not to death, so that aspect of it is cool. It's certainly not a bad style, it just doesn't do it for me, for whatever reason.

Hopefully the story and gameplay are good 

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

6 hours ago, Keyrock said:

^ Interesting. I kinda don't like the art style. It looks like a westerner started to do a Japanese anime style, but only went 60% of the way. I don't know how else to describe it. The whole black & white except with bright red has been done before, but not to death, so that aspect of it is cool. It's certainly not a bad style, it just doesn't do it for me, for whatever reason.

Hopefully the story and gameplay are good 

My socks aren't blown off either, but I think it's worth keeping an eye on this one. I like the atmosphere they're going for.

24 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Did we discuss the Kingdom of Amalur Re-Reckoning remaster?

Yes, Completely unnecessary. The game has aged remarkably well because of stylized art direction. This is probably the State of New Jersey trying to make a buck.

• Thanks 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

5 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

Yes, Completely unnecessary. The game has aged remarkably well because of stylized art direction. This is probably the State of New Jersey trying to make a buck.

While no doubt the State of New Jersey would like to make a buck in these trying times it was the State of Rhode Island that ended up owning KoA. And they sold their interest to Nordic*, hence the remaster.

*meh THQ/ Embracer/ DerpSilver or whichever legal entity for the same exact company is actually publishing it.

Edited by Zoraptor

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

This was the dullest, most boring game ever that I yet somehow sunk 60 hours into. It's amazing how it managed to be so colorful yet completely lifeless. 🤔

a lot open world or online game have this quality

it was certainly intentional since this game was originally planed to be mmorpg

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember playing it on launch. As far as action-RPG I thought it was rather excellent at the time. Too bad content weren’t interesting. Did first big area and never came back to the game. MMO roots are very much present.

I played the original a bit, but got bored quickly.  My memory was that all the quests seemed to be something along the lines of kill this, come back, then kill this, then come back and fetch this, and now kill this, kill this, fetch that, fetch the other, kill the thing to fetch the other thing, kill the monster and deliver its body, to get the box to give to the dude to get the quest to kill the other dude.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I found the gameplay in KoA: Reckoning to be quite solid, minus the disenchant minigame, which is quite possibly the worst minigame in the history of vidya games. Unfortunately, I also found the world, characters, and story dreadfully dull and could never summon the strength to care about anything I was doing in the game. I tried to play it 3 times, about 4 hours is the longest I lasted before I gave up.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

20 hours ago, melkathi said:

Sounds like any other rpg really

I think other games are better at hiding it and/or better at, as Keyrock says, making the story compelling enough that it propells you past things

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Kingdom of Amalur had a strong starting zone and an interesting end zone for the game. But everything in-between was filler. Just goes to show that hiring a big name to write your story isn't enough.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).