Random Sales again

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/39394/Command__Conquer_The_Ultimate_Collection/

C&C Ultimate Collection on sale, a bit steep at $15 for me, to be honest.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

46 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

After selling my 3 million Steam cards and other crap, I now get 2€ in my Steam wallet.

Well, at least it was a gain? 😄

Not that I've made any effort to, but I never quite understood the cards stuff. I have a few, they just sit there. Seen some post they made a bit with the trading system but eh.  I figure it would be just as useless to me as my 136k Steam points. I suppose I could award people with 200+ clown jesters, but...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Early on the cards were selling well. A friend sold a few for $50 each. My personal record was $5...

Then it normalised and settled to what it is now. You can still sometimes get a dollar or two if it is a super popular game and you sell a rare card really early, but the crazies who threw cash at the system have moved on to throwing cash at something else.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

On 3/12/2024 at 1:00 AM, LadyCrimson said:

Well, at least it was a gain? 😄

Not that I've made any effort to, but I never quite understood the cards stuff. I have a few, they just sit there. Seen some post they made a bit with the trading system but eh.  I figure it would be just as useless to me as my 136k Steam points. I suppose I could award people with 200+ clown jesters, but...

Social stuff (or self-expression, if one is being generous), like gold watches. Not really useful, but looks so shiny. Steam points are similar - you can customise your Steam profile, so everyone knows that you like XYZ, or give awards to comments or guides, so everyone knows that the comment was helpful/ridiculous.

In general, the social features on Steam and them being bound to purchases might encourage the potential users to use Steam (and, say, not Epic) and purchase more. While it does not work on everyone, most humans are social and value the sense of community (because that other player with an animated anime avatar is definitely a part of my community /s).

^ I have gotten a few profile backgrounds with the pointy points, and a few forum smilies but the reason I haven't spent many points is

1---to qualify to get the game-related ones one has to have a certain amount of hours played in them, and since I play mostly Offline, Steam thinks I don't, and most of the forum smilies/icons are too minuscule or too game-specific re: forum posting anyway. Their forums is the only social I do.
2---I have not done enough Steam-tasks to qualify for most of the profile-altering or whatever features. Or something.

Re:  the cards, I meant more that I don't even know how to trade them to others - I think someone tried to explain that, and some other Steam-y social actions, once, but I promptly forgot. I just thought they were some way to make a little bit of wallet cash somehow.

I probably would've loved all that social Steam rewards and the like if it had existed back in the mIRC chat days and I was really into only socializing more. 25+ years too late for me now tho.  :)

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have been lucky and received a code for copy of Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition. Unfortunately for the Steam. That's why I have not redeemed it yet, and would like to ask, if there might be any person here, who still did not play this game, nor owns it yet, but is thinking about purchasing it, now or in the future, which would be willing to barter my Steam gift key for a GOG gift key. The game is currently 60% off at GOG.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/the_outer_worlds_spacers_choice_edition

Feel free to PM me. Thank you for consideration :)

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

On 3/21/2024 at 4:54 PM, Mamoulian War said:

I have been lucky and received a code for copy of Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition. Unfortunately for the Steam. That's why I have not redeemed it yet, and would like to ask, if there might be any person here, who still did not play this game, nor owns it yet, but is thinking about purchasing it, now or in the future, which would be willing to barter my Steam gift key for a GOG gift key. The game is currently 60% off at GOG.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/the_outer_worlds_spacers_choice_edition

Feel free to PM me. Thank you for consideration :)

Just in case, PC Gaming Wiki says that the Steam version is DRM-free. So, it is possible to download, zip the folder, and put on 2 external drives as backups. It also should be possible to run without Steam, just from the *.exe.

• Thanks 1