Random Sales again

Their maths is fine. Discounts are always applied sequentially, if for no other reason than it stops 2x 50+% discounts == being paid to buy a game.

100*0.85*0.83=70.55% price, or 29% discount. People may expect a 32% discount from 100*(1-(0.15+0.17)) but that isn't actually what should happen.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Their maths is fine. Discounts are always applied sequentially, if for no other reason than it stops 2x 50+% discounts == being paid to buy a game.

100*0.85*0.83=70.55% price, or 29% discount. People may expect a 32% discount from 100*(1-(0.15+0.17)) but that isn't actually what should happen.

's a quick way to tell MMO veterans apart from regular players. :p

Glyph of Earthliving Weapon:

Increases the chance for your Earthliving weapon to trigger by 5%.

Earthliving Weapon: 20% chance to heal for <X> over <Y> seconds.

0.20 * 1.05 = 0.21.

1% net increase. GG Blizz

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

47 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Yeah, I figured it was something like that. Otherwise for Injustice 2 they'd have to pay people to buy it at 75%+29%

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 12:30 PM, Skarpen said:

Total War: Troy will be available today on EGS and will be free for 24hours. If you are a fan, can stand EGS,believe in your internet connection and EGS servers then grab it.

EGS has easily the best download servers of all the storefronts. Followed closely by... EA. Dead last is GOG.

Unless you meant something else. Haven't played the the same or much of Total War outside of TW: Rome. :)

26 minutes ago, majestic said:

EGS has easily the best download servers of all the storefronts. Followed closely by... EA. Dead last is GOG.

Unless you meant something else. Haven't played the the same or much of Total War outside of TW: Rome. :)

EGS crashes on me pretty regularly though. Plus it lacks a ton of features that the others have.

8 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

EGS crashes on me pretty regularly though. Plus it lacks a ton of features that the others have.

I'm basing this squarely on the average download speed I'm getting. And that is always the maximum possible speed (or very close to) for EGS and Origin while Steam is middling around and GOG varies wildly but is on the slower side.

The EGS launcher isn't the best, that's true. The only feature I'd like is achievement support. While I generally am of the opinion that achievements shouldn't replace content I think they're nice to have. I probably would not have 250 hours played on Dead Cells if it weren't for all the "legendary" and "epic" achievements that tell me that the average player sucks. Apparently REALLY sucks. :p

• Like 1

10 hours ago, majestic said:

I meant that servers might crash from the volume of people. GTA V crashed EGS servers pretty quick and TW is a new game.

• Like 1

166215__front.jpg

49 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

I meant that servers might crash from the volume of people. GTA V crashed EGS servers pretty quick and TW is a new game.

Ah, okay. Didn't know the EGS servers died when GTA V was free. I mean I got myself the game, but I have no intention of playing it. The GTA I loved died with 3. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Still no traces of Serious Sam 3 on GOG though 😢

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Stellaris Humble Bundle

1$ Base Game

12$ + some dlc

Space 4X game. If you like genre you (probably own it) it is quite good.

PDX games dlc are hard to fallow, so having it package may be interesting for some.

Happy Galaxy Uniting.

39 minutes ago, Oner said:

And by "some dlc", you mean almost all the major xpacs except for Federations and Distant Stars. 😛

I migh downplayed 12$ package.

There is 7 DLC, 3 are bigger one, and only planetoids is plant armour (skinpack). So overall good package. 

Generally Stellaris on steam sales goes for like 10$, so having bundle for 12$ is really nice entry.

• 3 months later...

steam summer sale

*shrug*

am not personal looking to buy anything, but for those who are...

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm staring at all the things on my Steam wishlist that are on sale and having that "ooh, I kind of want to buy them.. but I'm not actually in the mood to play them now. And I have a backlog of games to finish already...."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."