RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

Rage 2

Wolfenstein

Metro Exodus

Far Cry 5

DOOM

I'd say there is a demand for SP Shooters. Perhaps not as high as BR games but still...

All of those above have very distinct stylisation, lets be honest UT is pretty generic in terms of setting

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

GoG and Steam for me on PC. It is worth noting that CDPR could pull a **** move and release Cyberpunk 2077 on GoG/Console only if they wanted to. Of course they will never do that because... *drum roll*

...it's anti-consumer.

Couldn't Epic Games put all that money and effort into a new Unreal Tournament or a new single-player Unreal game instead?!

Heh, they canned that new Unreal Tournament they were "crowdsourcing" for Fortnite and their "Epic Store". That being said, UT3 wasn't exactly great (also the only UT without DE involvement, coincidence?) so if the new instalment (which, to make things easy on everyone, they just named "Unreal Tournament") is anything like it I'll stick to UT99 and UT2k4 for my UT fixes.

It's not like many of the people that made UT still work there anyway, the Tencent acquisition burned quite a few of the well known ones out, if the stuff on Wikipedia is anywhere near accurate, and the other half of the UT team (UT = Epic + DE, after all) is happily making Warframe.

I like Kotick, he's like Trump but with an IQ above 80.

Wait... popularity equals IQ now? I honestly wonder which one is richer and more successful through facts of life.

Interesting... but I never said popularity equals wealth or success through facts of life.

Let me guess, you're going to argue with me that I did, I'll ask you where exactly I said it and you'll try your best to convince me that I wrote something that never existed - as per usual.

And nobody said popularity equals IQ, so why did you read that in?

• Like 1

Interesting... but I never said popularity equals wealth or success through facts of life.

You mean like nobody said that popularity equals IQ?

You should stop the guessing, you are pretty terrible at it.

You mean when I was joking? But even so, how do you get me saying popularity equals IQ and get popularity equals success and wealth?

I have to guess because as usual, you make things up as you reply randomly to comments I make.

And nobody said popularity equals IQ, so why did you read that in?

I did, as a joke. I didn't say anyone else did. Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

It's looking better but we expected this!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Rage 2

Wolfenstein

Metro Exodus

Far Cry 5

DOOM

I'd say there is a demand for SP Shooters. Perhaps not as high as BR games but still...

All of those above have very distinct stylisation, lets be honest UT is pretty generic in terms of setting
Metro Exodus and Rage are both post apocalyptic which has been done to death in the past decade while both Wolfenstein and Far Cry 5 have you fighting against nazis/cultists.

The first Unreal had an atmosphere that was pretty unique actually: You are a simple worker aboard a transport ship. Your ship is shot down and you land on an alien planet, feeling completely alone and lost while exploring because you have no idea where you are. But step by step, you discover the planets wonders and hazards.

I never played Unreal II but the first Unreal was one of the few fps games that made me feel isolated, alone and scared at times.

Rune was also one of those games that made you feel truly isolated and alone at times, but that is a different game...

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

lets agree to disagree (and btw I liked Unreal and Rune as well, I just think it would not ship that well today)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

^ so everybody should just make BR games or follow a certain template while making SP fps games?

Publishers and even some of the devs at From Software thought that Demon's Souls would be a disaster, but yeah, thanks to that game, people at From Software still have job.

It's not like many of the people that made UT still work there anyway, the Tencent acquisition burned quite a few of the well known ones out, if the stuff on Wikipedia is anywhere near accurate, and the other half of the UT team (UT = Epic + DE, after all) is happily making Warframe.

Yeah, I guess that makes the whole discussion pointless.

Warframe heals everything. :p

*plays Warframe*

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 2

^ so everybody should just make BR games or follow a certain template while making SP fps games?*

not at all, i think quite opposite. I am just pointing out that I THINK its not unique enough to fly today. They can of course surprise me

• Like 1

^ so everybody should just make BR games or follow a certain template while making SP fps games?*

not at all, i think quite opposite. I am just pointing out that I THINK its not unique enough to fly today. They can of course surprise me

Yup. Can't argue there.

I wish we had gotten a few good fps games out of Kickstarter while it was still a thing. The only person who actually tried that was...John Romero.

Dear god,

You can stop teasing us now.

I don't care for BR games personally, they do seem higher quality but I think they are to the new generation what Arena Shooters were back then but at least Battle Royale can be interesting to watch lol Just not really the type of game I'd spend my time on.

I suspect that like Arena Shooters, BR is just a fad genre, it will be over and replaced by a new type of fps in time. And like Arena Shooters, we'll say "Good riddance!" And we'll probably complain with whatever they'll replace ot with next :lol:

Edited by SonicMage117

GoG and Steam for me on PC. It is worth noting that CDPR could pull a **** move and release Cyberpunk 2077 on GoG/Console only if they wanted to. Of course they will never do that because... *drum roll*

...it's anti-consumer.

Couldn't Epic Games put all that money and effort into a new Unreal Tournament or a new single-player Unreal game instead?!

Sort of wish that would happen, all this crying about 'anti-consumer' aside.  Would be nice to see the reaction from the gamer community :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

CDPR is still wisely playing the long game, preferring to build up good will and keep their customer base happy while raking in decent profits, rather than squeezing out every single penny from customers at the risk of alienating their fanbase. They'll be one of the few big AAAs left standing after The Big Crash of 202X happens.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wonder how they'll do when they try to make an original work.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There's nothing stopping them from working on existing IPs forever, so we may never find out. I would be curious to see them try to make their own IP, though.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It would be interesting to see them tackle their own IP. I wonder what sort of genre they would choose?

I'm quite convinced CDPR's next game after Cyberpunk will be a new IP. Sadly though for me, because they already have fantasy covered by the Witcher franchise, it'll likely be in a genre I don't care for.

• Like 1

I'd love a game all about Ciri.

I also wouldn't mind if someone like CDPR took a stab at doing a racing rpg.

...it's anti-consumer.

Sort of wish that would happen, all this crying about 'anti-consumer' aside. Would be nice to see the reaction from the gamer community :lol:

Yeah yeah, we get it. You don't actually play games, you're just here for the laughs.

...it's anti-consumer.

Sort of wish that would happen, all this crying about 'anti-consumer' aside. Would be nice to see the reaction from the gamer community :lol:

Yeah yeah, we get it. You don't actually play games, you're just here for the laughs.

Who says I don't ? But watching the 'gamer community' be outraged, threaten boycotts that they'll never follow through on, etc., you have to admit it's pretty entertaining. 

• Like 1

...it's anti-consumer.

Who says I don't ? But watching the 'gamer community' be outraged, threaten boycotts that they'll never follow through on, etc., you have to admit it's pretty entertaining.

Katphood, we all are here for the games, but watching internet drama is sometimes more entertaining than playing AAA games ;)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours