Questions the the Devs - Take 2

I updated lots of the new information into the original sticky post. I have to go back and reread all the interviews and magazine articles and search for info there as well. But I'm about to head home. I'm tired.

Wow, developers answering questions. This is amazing.. lol. Thx for taking the time to answer questions for us. SW fans r probably the most picky irritable bunch and you guys r satisfying.. lol. Kewl. I have a few questions for the devs.

Do you think you guys have a very good chance to get the game out B4 or at Feb 2005?

If you did major amounts of content for XBL content download. Do you think it would cost downloaders money(I'd pay gladly as long as it is worthwhile content)

If a talented developer/programmer opted to work for you guys for free helping make a game like KotORII would you guys let that happen?

Thx even if you dont answer the Q's. Can barely wait for the game. :lol:

Ambrosia3.gif

Wow, developers answering questions. This is amazing.. lol. Thx for taking the time to answer questions for us. SW fans r probably the most picky irritable bunch and you guys r satisfying.. lol. Kewl. I have a few questions for the devs.

Do you think you guys have a very good chance to get the game out B4 or at Feb 2005?

If you did major amounts of content for XBL content download. Do you think it would cost downloaders money(I'd pay gladly as long as it is worthwhile content)

If a talented developer/programmer opted to work for you guys for free helping make a game like KotORII would you guys let that happen?

Thx even if you dont answer the Q's. Can barely wait for the game. :)

The answer to all of your questions is: It's not up to me! :)

SiO2

Wow, developers answering questions.  This is amazing.. lol.  Thx for taking the time to answer questions for us.  SW fans r probably the most picky irritable bunch and you guys r satisfying.. lol.  Kewl.  I have a few questions for the devs.

If you did major amounts of content for XBL content download.  Do you think it would cost downloaders money(I'd pay gladly as long as it is worthwhile content)

Thx even if you dont answer the Q's.  Can barely wait for the game. :)

The answer to all of your questions is: It's not up to me! ;)

Make them an offer they can't refuse :huh:

I wander what the rating will be I would think t maybe

could you guys help me out if you can

That's up to the ESRB... we can't *pick* our ratings, but we can aim for one or edit content to obtain a lower one (just like the movies). I can't imagine it will be any different than KOTOR1's Teen rating. ...Don't quote me on that :p

SiO2

Yeah I know the esrb has to rate the games I was just saying what level of violence were you aiming for anyway thanks for the reply

It's long been the custom for Star Wars games to be at the "Teen" rating. They're never more, never less. I don't imagine it'll be different this time.

Yeah I know the esrb has to rate the games I was just saying what level of violence were you aiming for anyway thanks for the reply

It's long been the custom for Star Wars games to be at the "Teen" rating. They're never more, never less. I don't imagine it'll be different this time.

This one should be mature for violence to match the dark setting.

Well there is that one scene where the PC eats a basket full of puppies and kittens.

:blink:

SiO2

Well there is that one scene where the PC eats a basket full of puppies and kittens.

:o

Noooo! Not the puppies!

The kittens can be eaten, however. And anyways, why does the PC do such an act? :unsure:

Fnord.

pfffff....that old gag? It's been done to death :p

pfffff....that old gag? It's been done to death ;)

I guess we could change it to Gizkas and Tachs for originality's sake ;)

SiO2

^Devs, if you think you're helping to keep

these forums on topic, with this twisted, runaway

"puppies and kittens" fantasy, 

you're not.

-Master of All- (Self-Appointed Moderator)  :lol:

Well since it was a sarcastic response to a question addressed to us, I'm inclined to think I haven't run the train off the tracks just yet. And to make sure *this* response isn't considered "OT"...

Are there anymore questions? :)

SiO2

Heh,not important questions really but some I've been curious about.

When you first are able to get a lightsaber will you:

Be able to pick what style you ues?(I.E. Dual,staff)

Will all the colors in the game be able to be selected? Or just the ones from Knights?

How will generla NPC reaction be handled in KOTOR 2? Will they be more responsive? eg running away when you take out weopones?

From what I understand (which is little enough), the AI we inherited from the first game isn't reactionary like that. We would have to script every instance of that event happenning which would take years.

This is a good question for Akari.

SiO2

Heh,not important questions really but some I've been curious about.

When you first are able to get a lightsaber will you:

Be able to pick what style you ues?(I.E. Dual,staff)

Will all the colors in the game be able to be selected? Or just the ones from Knights?

Pfft, we got to leave *some* surprises. ;)

SiO2

Ok here's a question, who do I have to harass to get modding support materials released?

Someone higher-up than me.

...but let me save you the email:

"Dear Weiser_Cain,

In regards to your request, NO.

~Management"

Seriously though, there simply isn't enough time to make the toolset ready for public release. This was addressed somewhere else I believe...

SiO2