Questions the the Devs - Take 2

I've got something.  Not really a question, but  a suggestion for the developers.  Have a feat that allow Lightsaber roles to have bonuses from Dexterity,  not Strength. 

In D20 Star Wars there's already a feat like that called "Weapon Finesse".  It allows you to choose one weapon.  When you attack with that weapon, you gain bonuses from having a High Dexterity.  Normally you'd get the bonuses from having a high Strength. 

This is good for characters with high Dexterity,  but  low Strength.  For characters with high strength or  comparitively low Dexterity, this feat would be pointless.

There might be some balancing issues, though.  In D20 Pen & Paper, this feat was balanced by the fact it could only be used with one melee weapon.  In TSL, you'll likely only be using a Lightsaber.  With only one weapon to worry about, no one would care about raising Strength, and mostly raise Dexterity.  More Dexterity means a better AC, which means you'll be harder to hit.  So why would anyone not want to take this feat? 

The answer is armor.  Armor, especially the heavier varieties, cap out the dexterity bonus.  If you're hindered by armor, you can't use your Dexterity to full benefit.  If you  want to wear heavy armor, you can't use Weapon Finesse, so you're basically shooting yourself in the foot.

I can see this feat being used mostly by Jedi.  Certain armors prevent using Force Powers, so they wouldn't wear armor anyway. 

Thougths?

This was already implemented in KOTOR:1.

Lightsabers are modified by either STR or DEX, which ever is higher. And armor does affect your DEX. Each armor has a maximum DEX bonus. If you DEX is 16, and you have a DEX bonus of 3, but you put heavy armor on (with a max DEX bonus of 2), then your bonus is reduced to 2.

Also, side note, I have updated the list to include new info from Akari and the FU interview. The MCA interview didn't really have any new info on KOTOR:TSL. I will try to keep the list up-to-date as I can.

....like swords in LOTOR for example

The bastard child of KOTOR and LOTR?

Elrond: Mr. Anderson! You must cast the ring into the fire!

Isildor: It is mine!

Elrond: *Force Push*

Isildor: ahhhhh!

Fixed.

Anyways, I have a few questions of my own. They aren't too great, but I guess maybe they actually have a chance to be answered that way. ^__^

1. Will there be some sort of...library thingie, where you can find out a lot of the stuff from the Star Wars comics and stuff? I feel kinda left out since I haven't read them, and get kinda confused when people talk about them. :p

2. The models we've been shown aren't the final ones, are they? I thought that the ones from EGM were kinda jaggy...

3. Will the male characters actually look good? :)

3. Will the male characters actually look good? :p

i hope so but i was trying to create a male character (for the third time playing it) but then it took me about 1/2 an hour trying to decide which one looked the best to play as and in the end i just decided to play as female :lol:

3. Will the male characters actually look good? :)

i hope so but i was trying to create a male character (for the third time playing it) but then it took me about 1/2 an hour trying to decide which one looked the best to play as and in the end i just decided to play as female :p

Haha, I did the same thing. The thing that annoyed me was that none of the women even had hair longer than their shoulders. It was just a pet peeve, I guess.

1. Since the main character begins as a Jedi class, will each (Guardian, Sentinel, Consular) have characteristics of Soldier/Scout/Sentinel (like the armor & weapon feats of Soldier for Guardian, etc.)?

2. Even though the character is a bit "out of touch" with the Force do we get to choose a Force Power (or two) at creation?

3. Will Force Powers (not just Force Feats) be restricted by class? (e.g. powers only Jedi Master or Sith Lord can learn)

The PC is built from a head and a body model so the hair couldn't be longer than the shoulders without doubling the female bodies.

the hair could still be longer- it could point upwards for example. since SW is known for strange hairdos it would be ok...

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

The PC is built from a head and a body model so the hair couldn't be longer than the shoulders without doubling the female bodies.

the hair could still be longer- it could point upwards for example. since SW is known for strange hairdos it would be ok...

Does this mean they could bring back the beehive hairdo?

The hairstyles are certainly more conservative in KOTOR than in the movies, but fashions may change a little over 3000 years.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

QUESTION TO THE DEVS:

will party members have to cooperate on certain tasks?

i'm thinking "lost vikings" here- i have 3 people running around all the time and can place each of them in solo mode.

so- will i have to change from one char to the next, for example to open a door mechanism or something? you know, the buttons must be pushed within a certain time period but are too far away from each other to run... that kindda thing.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Devs, this is a little awkward but...ummm... Where are you people? Even from the standpoint of a humble three-time poster on this forum, I can tell you there's a serious problem developing here. I'm not accusing you of negelcting your duties, just consider this a subtle hint.

The string of unanswered extending from May 25 is quickly becoming a horrifying spectacle. I think its time for you to take the stage and say your piece. If I've offended you in anyway please accept this rarely-used triple smiley: ;):p:) as compensation for my outburst and as a token of my appreciation for your long and strenuous hours on the desktop spent trying to satisfy this forums endless requests.

That's it.