Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Extreme Drop In Performance (Out of Ideas)

Performance

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Mahoner

Mahoner

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

With the recent patch I've noticed a massive drop in sability in my game. I went from a solid 88 frames avg to now around 40 to 57 in more areas with a number of NPCs. 

I've gone through and looked at a lot of forum posts regarding performances. I've tried forcing D11 and windows exclusivity. I tried the nVidia control panel fix. I even tried the Special K CPU logic limiter fix but I'm still getting choopy frames. Even if I am in an area where I can run up to 144 frames, I get a ton of stutter.

Running out of ideas... I'm a huge fan of the game and would actually like to finish my playthrough but it's hurting my eyes to have my screen constantly stop/freeze and slowly go back up to the frames it was at. To only stop/freeze and do it again.

I'm having no other issues in any of my games and I'm out of ideas. I've uninstalled and re-installed.

Thanks for any help fellow watchers!

Edited by Mahoner, 01 January 2019 - 12:46 PM.

• Hijin25 likes this

fanfar

fanfar

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

I have the same problem.

Rizen 1400

32gb mem

GTX 1060 (6 gb)

ssd samsung EVO 960

FPS goes down a lot with time and no solutions save. Reduced graphics do not affect. Manipulations with the panel nvidia and other fixes do not help. Overclocking components also does not work.

hollerer

hollerer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 34 posts

I've noticed that if game runs long, it starts to get laggy and needs to be restarted. Also verifying integrity of data cache helps if the lags continue, but the game will start to lag eventually again if ran too long.

For me, any areas with water or big moving nature effects (sandstorm and sea) get very laggy eventually and there is no way to disable them.

uuuhhii

uuuhhii

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 361 posts

4.0 definitely have some performance issue

game start and load first save take three times longer than before

and crush in one new play through more than all others combine

Edited by uuuhhii, 01 January 2019 - 01:25 AM.

poparakrava58

poparakrava58

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 22 posts

I've noticed that if game runs long, it starts to get laggy and needs to be restarted. Also verifying integrity of data cache helps if the lags continue, but the game will start to lag eventually again if ran too long.

For me, any areas with water or big moving nature effects (sandstorm and sea) get very laggy eventually and there is no way to disable them.

They still didnt patched memory leak(s).#ObsidianCantCode.

Wormerine

Wormerine

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2814 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yeah, for me the areas of SSS are some of the worst. Kinda sucks that it happens on higher end machines as well.

Mahoner

Mahoner

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

I can't run the game long enough before getting a headache to be able to even get a memory leak. The stuttering and chopping starts immediately. 

Currently as it stands for me, I have a product I am unable to play where previously it was fine. 

It certainly isn't my system. I attached a dxdiag but it doesn't seem to be showing up.

I have 1080 ti - 5930k - 32 GBs of ram at 3000 MHz. The game makes me want to puncture my own eyes out due to the crazy amount of skipping/stuttering that goes on.

If I don't move the characters it stutter/freezes, if I do move the characters it does the exact same thing. If I press the journal the game locks for a second.

I've tried the sticky posts nVidia fix and it has not provided me a solution. It'd be nice to hear from Obsidian about this issue as alt-tabbing used to fix this issue but now it seems to only make it worse.

Hijin25

Hijin25

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 14 posts

I experienced bad performance before patch 4, but I could play. Now the stuttering and the micro-freezes have made it impossible to play 5 minutes decently.

• Mahoner likes this

Mahoner

Mahoner

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
This issue is still persisting. Is it possible to have any technical assistance with this issue?

I'm currently sitting on a 100 dollar product I am unable to use.

Thank you

Edited by Mahoner, 11 January 2019 - 12:53 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Performance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users