XBOX VS. PC

Which one has the best KotOR I version?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which one has the best KotOR I version?

• XBOX
    • PC
    • Both rocked
    • Don't care

I have only played the XBOX version....loved it. I heard that the PC version was a little different. I don't have XBOX live so I can't get the new download stuff. What did they make available on PC that XBOX did not have and vice-versa. ALSO...for those with an XBOX....how can I transfer large game saves, like my KotOR saves, to another XBOX? I have tried the system link and one memory card. The file was too big for the memory card. Help PLEASE!!

On the PC we had the Yavin space station which had some nice equipment (Baragwin weapons, armor & implants were the really high-end stuff), including the Heart of the Guardian & the Mantle of the Force (lightsaber crystals). There was also the Circlet of Saresh, which you could pick up after defeating the terentatek on Kashyyyk. Other than that, there was not a honking huge difference. Besides, at this point the downloadable content is available for the XBox. However, on the PC female players did get those Twi'lek masseurs at Davik's estate. :blink:

hmmmm i didnt play the pc version but if were talking about things other then the actual game i probably would still prefer the xbox version i just dont like to think about being stuck to ma pc all day long an usig a mouse (and keyboard?) instead u cud b usin a controller an lyin down on a sofa and watchin the game on a big screen well thats my opinion

PC version = better graphics.

Just try and get 1600 X 1200 res with 4x AA and 8X AF on an X-Box.

I just want to say that I don't own an XBOX because MS is teh evil!

However, the majority of people that play KotOR2 will not experience better graphics then an XBOX. For that matter an XBOX is cheaper then a graphics card that can give you better graphics.

The real problem is that the XBOX is an avenue for worse games on the PC.

X-box!

The x-box controller owns the mouse and the keyboard..in my opinion. :blink:

I guess you never heard of a point and click interface.

I shudder at the idea of playing the game without a cursor, setting up commands, actions and skills must have took an half hour for each battle.

And how do you turn around without a mouse ?!?

And how do you set short cuts without a keyboard ?!?

If the E3 demo is any indication of how the game plays on a xbox i think i'll pass...

Ahh, Console verses PC, the endless debate continues.

Personally, I only game on a PC except when I game socially. One of my fondest memories from college was turning off all the lights and playing Silent Hill 2. There's nothing quite like the sound of five girls howling in fear behind you while you're trying to run down a narrow hall away from pyramid head.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

PC, and with a vague hope it will be a little less.... x-boxy than the original.

Peter Molyneux summed up the difference between console and PC games once while talking about fable. He said PC games are targeted towards people who actually want to play the game and invest time in it, while console gamers like something as simple as possible to play when they roll in from the pub.

Don't know if it's true or not but it is the attitude of at least one major figure in the game industry, I just hope obsidian don't share his viewpoint. If they ignored it and made a more complex PC-style game for the X-box I'm sure it would delight the many Kotor X-boxers as well as the PC players.

There's nothing quite like the sound of five girls howling in fear behind you while you're trying to run down a narrow hall away from pyramid head.

Uhm.. Wish I had five howling girls standing next to me every time I played a computer game :lol:

Anyhow:

I've only played the game on a PC and since I own a PS2 I don't think I'll ever get an Xbox. (You will not get my money too, Bill Gates!!) But I must say I was kind of disappointed with the PC version of KotOR since I'm used to 3D games having mouse look. Well, ever since the days of Doom at least.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guest Darth Banooby7

*Arms flame thrower*Arms Trout Gun*Dons flame reststant armor*

PC RULES!! XBOX DOES NOT!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*Runs to X-wing and takes off as fast as he can*

However, the majority of people that play KotOR2 will not experience better graphics then an XBOX. For that matter an XBOX is cheaper then a graphics card that can give you better graphics.

My point however is that at least you have the ability to get better graphics on PC. what can you do to improve the graphics on a stock XBox????

PC will always be ahead of the X-Box, for the simple reason of it being, more easily upgradable (the game, that is), the hardware being more capable and therefore better graphics, a keyboard and mouse *as standard*. The only advantage of an X-box and buying a copy of a game is that you know it will work, and you know what you will get as well in terms of performance. It does exactly what it says on the tin, basically.

Since I don't an x-box and uness it gets lower than 100$ than it'll be the PC.

And, Hades, stop with the rumours, myths, and innuendo. We *all* *know* you be buying KOTOR2 for the PC. :lol:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, I play both PC and X-Box games.

This is what I know to be factual, and not based upon opinion.

The Yavin-4 content was available for download on the X-Box, though not right away. The devs have said there will be content available for download on the X-Box version right away. I have heard no such claim for the PC version.

At launch, the PC version had extra content first, but it was also buggy and needed patches. The X-Box version required no patch. Normally I lean towards the PC because I can download mods, but I haven't been too impressed with any of the KOTOR mods so far. Show me a mod that adds planets, and more gameplay and I'll pay attention.

Frankly, I don't care. I just want to play the game.

I have KotOR on both the Xbox and the PC, and since my girlfriend is into KotOR aswell, i'll probably end up buying both versions of KotOR II so we can both play our seperate games when we want to.

BTW, has anyone notice that the shading(lighting effects (like the skin on the Selkath) looks much better on the Xbox than on the PC, even with everything pumped up at max with a Radeon 9800 :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy