Weird. Random. Interesting.

Amentep

Well, had meant it as in not sweating little stuff - but everything is a call to jihad these days.  Even my Youtube feed is getting overrun with some shouty dude (seems to always be a bearded one...) whining about SJWs ruining something or the other :lol:

The first half of my post was agreeing with you and the second half agreeing with Orogun01, just in case I wasn't clear.

• Like 1

Even my Youtube feed is getting overrun with some shouty dude (seems to always be a bearded one...) whining about SJWs ruining something or the other :lol:

For literally everything that isn't this forum, I use a browser that runs incognito mode by default. So "my" YT feed only has neckbeards raging about XYZ if I go into YT through one such video. Otherwise it's all blissfully generic music/memes/movie trailers in the feed.

If you ever needed proof that companies tracking you is evil, there you have it...

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I can't find anyway to make Edge open InPrivate mode.  You can always right click it from the task bar if pinned or the start menu and open a private window, but I don't see anything that will allow you to left click and it start an InPrivate window.

Then again I don't use Edge much, so maybe someone else has an answer...

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

...I use a browser that runs incognito mode by default..

Is there a way to setup Edge to open in incognito mode as default?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/21affc27-64e1-495c-aa23-c0cbbce4a39c/how-to-start-microsoft-edge-in-private-mode-from-command-line?forum=scripting

Easiest would be to make a .bat and put this in it

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge -private

You can find the Edge .exe in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps so can always make the shortcut that way and tack on the -private flag in the shortcut's settings.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's used to trim a white field from any available table cloth.

That makes more sense.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

LOL, the French have fought in more wars than most other organized countries. Won more than they've lost. Surrendered one time and we'll never let them live it down!

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

LOL, the French have fought in more wars than most other organized countries. Won more than they've lost. Surrendered one time and we'll never let them live it down!

They've got a good history. Just their last century or so haven't been so great. I guess it's been a reputation on a downslope since Napoleon lost (again) at Waterloo.. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Is why I said it was a cheap shot, but then again Foie Gras is French, so **** them.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It is an interesting coincidence that the Moon should so nearly perfectly blot out the Sun, since there is really no physical reason why this has be the case. The Moon happens to be about 400 times smaller than the Sun, but the Sun happens to be about 400 times further from the Earth than the Moon is. So simple geometry tells us that the apparent disk of the Moon is almost exactly the size of the apparent disk of the Sun.

- https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/life-unbounded/the-solar-eclipse-coincidence/

I like to think about this sometimes. Because of this, we were able to test Einstein's theory of relativity in 1919:

General relativity has predicted many things which were later seen. These include:

As light gets closer to the sun, it bends towards the sun twice as much as classical physics (the system used before general relativity) predicts. This was seen in an experiment led by Arthur Eddington in 1919. When scientists saw his experiment, they started to take general relativity seriously.

-https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_relativity
  • Like 1

Today I learned there's a city in Michigan called Gaylord

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaylord,_Michigan

I've been there, really cool and fun town. It feels like it's both a tourist attraction and a local hidden gem. Strikes a nice balance.

If you ever take a trip Michigan's State/National Parks it's a decent place to pull over and stop.