[Feedback] Soulbound weapons should upgrade to Legendary

AndreaColombo

Question

A common remark I've seen on these boards ever since the game's release is that soulbound weapons that came with the base game and only upgrade to Superb quality can't quite keep up with unique weapons that are enchanted to Legendary.

The recent introduction of the Mythic quality tier, along with a number of new soulbound weapons from the DLCs that actually upgrade all the way to Legendary, further exacerbated the issue.

I hope the design team will consider enabling all soulbound weapons to upgrade to Legendary to close the gap and keep them competitive throughout the game.

• Like 9

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

12 answers to this question

Hello again Andrea!

Thank you for letting us know about this.  I created a bug report and sent it to the Systems Design team for review.  If you discover anything else about this, please continue to post it here as I have linked this thread to the bug report as a reference.

As always, thanks for the help Andrea!

• Like 1

it might be a systems limitation... modwyr lets you enchant it to legendary, but i think it's because the way it's implemented is that once you finish its questline your soulbound modwyr gets actually replaced by a non-soulbound version of the item. but i'm not a modder so i could be wrong.

Bumping this thread in hope there's been some feedback re the possibility that this will happen in a future patch.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey Andrea,

At the moment this one may not be gotten to as it's considered a lower priority compared to some of the other issues being taken on by the team.  It's still possible, but with some of the developers moving on to other projects there are less folk to take on some of these tasks, narrowing the scope of fixes and systems changes.

My fingers are crossed that this can be put through for you though :)

• Like 2

Thank you for the update, SChin :)

• Like 1

273-1544837460-2085152600.png [Image is clickable]

Description:
Upgrade the following Soulbounds to have Legendary as the final quality by upgrading to Superb at Stage 2:
Blightheart
Lord Darryn's Voulge
Magistrate's Cudgel
Marux Amanth

Upgrade the following Soulbound to have Legendary as the final quality by upgrading to Superb at Stage 3:
Modwyr

The following Soulbounds additionally have their attacks modified as follows:
Blightheart
Deals best of Pierce/Corrode
Marux Amanth
Deals best of Slash/Burn
Modifies "Magistrate's Cudgel"'s "Fair Trial" ability to last for 20 seconds.

The author of this mod is FailGeek.

• Like 1

I've been considering going even further than that mod and making the soulbounds upgrade to Mythic. I mean, they're ultra-rare magic items right?

In my opinion the legendary is the most appropriate level.

If I could make a mod, I would do something else. For example, the rework of objects with the identical characteristics:

• Ymyran Steel Helm and Lurker Helm and Rudder (+5m combat speed)
  • Arcane Lanterns and Blight Lanterns (+10% travel speed)
  • Ymyran Steel Anchor and Living Steel Anchor (+5m combat speed, +5% travel speed)
  • Royal Bronzer and Submarine Cannon (8-11 dmg, 150-400 range, 5 turns)

and full rebalance another ship-upgrades, unique ships.

As example - the re-creation of certain items and skills from the first game:

• Mob Justice - The Dozens know how to deal with enemies: gang up on them with everyone you've got. Now you know, too.
  • The Merciless Hand Training from the Doemenels allows you to do increased damage with Crits.
  • Second Skin - Training from the Knights of the Crucible allows you to gain more protection from wearing armor.
  • Blooded Hunter - This secret knowledge of the Fangs allows you to more easily stalk prey and resist damage if the quarry discovers your presence. +1 Damage Reduction (Slash + Pierce), +1 Stealth.
  • Song of the Heavens - The revealed mysteries of the avian world have sharpened your senses and strengthened your resistance to lightning.
  • Dungeon Delver - Dyrwoodan looters have developed a few tricks for skulking around in old Engwithan ruins.
  • Wild Running - These Glanfathan techniques help you resist immobilization and dodge disengagement attacks.

and some cool talents (Sever the Soul, Crusible of Soul, Dominion of the Sleepers, Speaker to the Restless, ..., etc.) and items (Footpad's Hood, Crossed Patch, ... and another accessories) In a word, everything that can be done using only prepared icons, a description from the previous game and code manipulations (without new models and textures).

There are some attempts on the Nexus to do some of this...

Edited by Khagmas