Why Scepters? Without a melee weapon you miss on Carnage damage, no?

Scepters have modal that makes you do more damage at cost of tiny amount of health. Full attacks with scepters would damage the character twice, which drastically increases proc chance on Brilliant. When it procs it would give you enough resources to spam full attacks. It's pretty self-reinforcing

Guess the idea is for Destructive Channeling to deal self dmg to trigger those 1% proc.

Brilliant Cloak isn't relied upon as this Brute can function even without it, but Brilliant proc would put it into overdrive ....

I think the point is the builds can't reliably proc it. Even with your setup, you can't control that Brilliance (or the other 1% triggers) would proc 3 times in 1 encounter, or you would have done 3 encounters in a row and not experience a single proc.

The approach is more like "if it happens, it happens".

And this should not be the direction they are taking to control the effects. I really don't want to see a 0.3% trigger....

Edited by mosspit
  • Like 1

- nerf to dual wielding: well done. Could be better but i like it ( as other said a full dmg roll for 2h or 1h could be better, but still...). Anyway nothing "major", if you are a rouge you will never actually feel it.

- new spells: they had to add backers spell at some point. I like them from reading the descripion, thumbs up to the authors.

- new equips/weapon: brillace mantle could be the most promising one. Basically useful for solo play, in particular to martial classes ( finally a way to get back some resources in longer fights).i like much also the badass axe, in particular the requirement of 25 str. Nive touch.

-ui enanchments: good. Atm is still possible to enchant an itme with 2 property of the same branch, obviuosly a bug

Overall great improvements.

The dual wielding nerf hurt non-rogue classes a lot more, since the penalty is calculated additively, it can be easily be compensated by rogue's huge damage bonus. But it really isolates other classes from dual wielding...

Some classes like pure fighter, will find that DW Full attacks very weak even weaker than autoattacks because he doesn't have much passive damage bonus. The more I ponder this new mechanism, the more I think it is a bad decision because: 1) rogue will still spam full attacks with dual wielding because like you said they will never feel it. 2) Fighter, Paladin, and even barb and monk, if pure classed, will have to give up dual wielding for full attacks because it sucks a lot...

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

So many capes. D: I want a bit more variance with belts and other weapon types like xbows/arbalest. Or maybe since they are releasing skaen's challenge a new torch unique perhaps with a unique modal ( I can dream ok :( ).

Good idea. Even if you don't play with Skaen's challenge, it'd be cool to have another special item that illuminates because it's very satisfying to explore the dark environments.

sign.jpg

@dunehunter

Ok is a nerf, but -30% can't move full attacks from "OP" to "suck a lot". Is weaker then before: yes. Suck a lot: you still do more dmg than full attacks with 2H or single handed. I agree that is a nerf stronger for non-rogue classes, but is not -75% dmg.

• Like 1

But don't forget the double inversion that turns the "official" -35% into "real" -55%. It is pretty severe.

Not as bad as a graze, but still bad. If you graze with a Full Attack then: enemy laughs and says he fears your misses more. ;)

1% proc chance is laughable. I think some people don't understand how the math behind it works. They think that you will have 100% proc chance after 100 hits. Or 50% proc chance with 50 hits. That's not the case.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Do we know yet if the new items will only be available in newly created games (as was the case with Essence Interrupter) or will anyone be able to pick them up?

I was able to obtain the Outworn Buckler from the location of acquisition, and I found Amra in the inventory of the specific merchant using an old save file.

So the implementation of the items should be applied retrospectively.

• Like 2

Melee should be stronger, not weaker (which goes for mobs as well). The two weapon imbalance issue was an opportunity to make other melee styles better, but instead the devs just widened the performance issue between spells and melee.

Honestly I rather spells get nerfed. That already needed to happen anyway, and doubly so now that dual-wielding is weaker.

But don't forget the double inversion that turns the "official" -35% into "real" -55%. It is pretty severe.

Not as bad as a graze, but still bad. If you graze with a Full Attack then: enemy laughs and says he fears your misses more. ;)

1% proc chance is laughable. I think some people don't understand how the math behind it works. They think that you will have 100% proc chance after 100 hits. Or 50% proc chance with 50 hits. That's not the case.

Eh, is it that laughable when it comes alongside two other enchantments that are more easily deployed? It seems pretty nice when viewed in conjunction with the other two enchantments that are readily accessible. Edited by DozingDragon

I didn't say the item was laughable. I said 1% proc chance is laughable. Take away "Mind over Matter" and the usefulness of the cape wouldn't suffer much. It's not that being Brilliant for a short time will turn you into an invincible combatant. It's nice to have +5 INT, +1 PL and get some resource points back (what by the way is only useful for certain classes that have non-replenishable resources in the first place), but it's not nice if you can not control it at all an if it might happen thrice per playthrough (hyperbole).

A better approach would be to make the proc chance higher and tune down the other enchantments if the overall power of the cape would be too high then.  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Any chance of a screenshot? I found a description which has interesting implications for its use:

This relic resembles a formal badge or insignia taken from military regalia, though its symbol isn't associated with any known faction. Age and wear evident in the metal would suggest that it is very old and has traveled far. The influence it exerts on a tightly-knit band of combatants implies that a knight or general of influence donned this as a charm to inspire their troops and keep them alert. Beyond what can be deduced of its power, the mystery of its origin endures.

At a guess, Inspiration AOE with a limited range? Maybe an aura?

Silly question, but does INT increase the AoE for these item-granted passive effects too? I'd expect so but can't remember and don't have the game handy.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I did some basic testing.

For Cog of Cohh's on kill effect, there doesn't seem to be any difference between a min int and max int wearer. The wearer needs to be about 3m from the ally who made the kill it seems. Regardless of int of the wearer

For the Communal Carnage aura (and I think item effect auras in general), int does help to increase the AoE. The effect description also does state the distance, which will change in accordance to Int.

• Like 1