Also here's the list with descriptions included.
As you can see some are more useful than the other; be it because some are more useful due to encounters we have to face, or as in case of moon and fire godlikes: lack of scaling.
I have assembled a few suggestions in this regard, grouped in 4 sections (from important to optional):
Suggestion Group 1: Scaling
- Silver Tide:
- currently restores only 10 hp per proc, and doesn't scale. This makes it a really weak racial.
- in PoE1 it was restoring 10 + 3 * (CL - 1).
- average health pool in Deadfire is 40 + 10 * CL.
- thus proposing the following scalling: 6 + 2 * CL. This way it will heal for 8 at level 1, and for 46 at level 20
- Battle Forged:
- currently deals only 2-4 burn damage per proc, and doesn't scale.
- in PoE1 it was dealing ~ 2 * CL.
- proposing the following scalling: 1..3 + CL. On average it will take ~11 hits for a 240 hp enemy to kill himself against Battle Forged.
Suggestion Group 2: Double racials for godlikes
During Q&A #7 Josh told that godlikes will have two racials. One on par with the rest of the races. And a second one that will be on the same power-level with headgear we'll be able to find:
I do find this to be a nice idea and would like to see it implemented.
Out of playable races, Moon and Nature godlikes are the ones who lack a second racial. Here's my suggestion for them:
As for Avian and Marine, their current racials are already quite strong, so they could be just split in two. For consistency.
Suggestion Group 3: Optional minor tweaks
Some racials could get a few minor changes to make them either more appropriate or a bit more comfortable to capitalize on.
For example I do find it strange that Fire Godlikes have lower +AR bonus vs burn than Pale Elves. Thus proposing:
- Elemental Endurance: +4 Burn AR, + 4 Freeze AR -> +2 Burn AR, +2 Shock AR, + 4 Freeze AR
- Ashen Skin: +2 Burn AR -> +3 Burn AR
- Fighting Spirit (Before): +7 Accuracy and +15% Damage Done, while Bloodied or near Death
- Fighting Spirit (After): +7 Accuracy and +15% Damage Done for 10s upon reaching Bloodied. Can trigger twice per encounter.
- Minor Threat (Before): +10% hit-to-crit while attacking same target as an ally
- Minor Threat (After): +5% hit-to-crit. While attacking same target as an ally get +5% more.
Suggestion Group 4: Feat-alike, selectable racials that are partially decoupled from races
.. in progress..
So these are the suggested changes to current racials so far. Thoughts?
Edited by MaxQuest, 24 August 2018 - 06:12 AM.