anyone else think we should have been able to become a god?

I'll admit, I thought Deadfire was going in that direction.

But, they would have to make that non-negotiable, right? And not giving players a choice to become a god or not when the theme of the game is "are gods real"/"what is the meaning of faith" wouldn't make sense.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

Why would they have had to make it non-negotiable? You get a choice about whether-or-not to become a god at the end of Throne of Ball. I don't see a reason that it would have to be forced in Deadfire, really.

Why would they have had to make it non-negotiable? You get a choice about whether-or-not to become a god at the end of Throne of Ball. I don't see a reason that it would have to be forced in Deadfire, really.

Was ToB the "final" game?

I guess I'm looking at it as how expensive it would get to make ANOTHER game and have to provide reactivity throughout based on the protagonist's deific status.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

In the end, if they want to use Eora to create a game separate of this series and go into the future all choices you personally made are inconsequential. Anything that makes it into the canon is what is left. This is the very reason ToB was the last in the series. In generally accepted canon the strongest Bhaalspawn (main PC) did not choose to become Bhaal so he was "permanently" dead there. He was however returned in 5th edition, but I don't know the details.

No that was all of them. The main difference is whether the beam is red, blue, or green.

Post-DLC, ME3's endings are a little better explained. In the REALLY EFFING DUMB ending, the space beam kills all synthetic life in the galaxy somehow. This doesn't cause any other machines to fail and doesn't harm any organic life forms because reasons and also magic. In the I CANT THINK OF A SUITABLE ACRONYM FOR GREEN ending, organic and synthetic life are "merged" by way of pixie dust, which principally means that everyone has glowing green lines all over them now because reasons and also magic. In the BLUE IS HARD TO READ ON THIS BOARD ending, Commander Jesus gets his consciousness uploaded into a super-reaper who mind-controls all of the other reapers into stopping their plan because it's an incredibly stupid plan based on a series of incredibly stupid assumptions (this is accomplished by a big blue space beam). A big point is made in this one about how the original Commander Jesus died for your sins, and Reaper Jesus is just a clone of his consciousness.

In case it wasn't clear, I think that the Blue Ending is noticeably less dumb than the others.

I am Reaper Jesus, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.

• Like 6

This could actually be an interesting option if it posed this question and wasn't just "ta-da! you can become a god!". You have the option to create a god and maybe even a god with your name and personality but it won't actually be you. Is that something you would choose?

Reminds me of the only ME3 ending that even distantly resembled something coherent.

Is that the ending where a colorful beam shoots into space?

No that was all of them. The main difference is whether the beam is red, blue, or green.

Post-DLC, ME3's endings are a little better explained. In the REALLY EFFING DUMB ending, the space beam kills all synthetic life in the galaxy somehow. This doesn't cause any other machines to fail and doesn't harm any organic life forms because reasons and also magic. In the I CANT THINK OF A SUITABLE ACRONYM FOR GREEN ending, organic and synthetic life are "merged" by way of pixie dust, which principally means that everyone has glowing green lines all over them now because reasons and also magic. In the BLUE IS HARD TO READ ON THIS BOARD ending, Commander Jesus gets his consciousness uploaded into a super-reaper who mind-controls all of the other reapers into stopping their plan because it's an incredibly stupid plan based on a series of incredibly stupid assumptions (this is accomplished by a big blue space beam). A big point is made in this one about how the original Commander Jesus died for your sins, and Reaper Jesus is just a clone of his consciousness.

In case it wasn't clear, I think that the Blue Ending is noticeably less dumb than the others.

Noticeably less dumb, maybe. Something nearly approaching passable, not by far.

At least there were ending slides Post-DLC. Whoever thought ending the trilogy with technicolour beams was a good idea, should be kicked out of an airlock.

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 1

I'm holding out hope for a full-on god war in the next game, with each one scrambling to make a new system, sabotage the others' efforts, etc., etc. Having the option to kill 'em all and become God the One and Only yourself would be pretty neat... but I vote for Nemnok. Nemnok the Omnipotent!

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 3

I'm holding out hope for a full-on god war in the next game, with each one scrambling to make a new system, sabotage the others' efforts, etc., etc. Having the option to kill 'em all and become God the One and Only yourself would be pretty neat... but I vote for Nemnok. Nemnok the Omnipotent!

I don't know. I think it is very unlikely. Eothas was the first and only God to ever interfere directly with mortals. I doubt the Gods will do much after letting Eothas freely destroy the wheel. As they stated even then they are there to observe and guide. A war would make no sense when keeping all that's happened in mind.

Edited by AeonsLegend

As entertaining as it would be, becoming a god was never in the cards. The theme of the main storyline seems to be that The Watcher (and by extension, the player) is completely powerless to effect change. Baffling for an RPG, and disappointing to say the least. But there you have it.

No, just no....

it's been done before, many time before.... I liked the POE writing when it came to the gods. It would seriously destroy the series... it's a bit tacky really. I guess I just find all powerful entities boring.

And it wouldn't make sense storywise.

• Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Ultimately would I want my watcher be a God no, watcher is part me and how I perceive that world. Like me watcher is as messed up as gods .

Honestly Gods need be set free, there based on ideals yet its there greatest flaw too.

If God exist then he created universe which has everything and without that everything it would never of existed. As human being I understand that but I would still try build universe in my own image, which would ultimately destroy everything. To be God got understand everything and everything place, which currently well beyond me.  

interesting that no one brought up the nwn2 mask of the betrayer god ending

wherein you become a god and start devouring other gods and whatnot

which i have to say is my favorite and close enough to what i would think my watcher would have done

also considering that the godlike are just grand sephiroth style reunion plan just makes it more likely

that godlike watcher could find someway absorb the other godlike souls and become a larval form of their parent god or something

much like kudaj was larval sephiroth

It depends on what you mean by "interfere directly." Ondra sure loves to throw moons, tsunamis and the like at folks. Magran erupts volcanoes and creates Rathun, who attack passing ships. Rymrgand was toying with those pale elves and will flat out murder the Watcher if provoked. They all seem to be interfering at some level.

Ondra's a good point; she threw the moon at Eora in order to destroy the leftover Engwithan technology not long after the God's were actually created. Abyddon only interfered in order to stop her.

Ondra's a good point; she threw the moon at Eora in order to destroy the leftover Engwithan technology not long after the God's were actually created. Abyddon only interfered in order to stop her.

I read that (on the wiki) . Why did he interfer though ? the wiki doesn't say ..

edit: oh and why after he got crushed by the moon , she sort of celebrated honoring him ? shouldn't she be pissed instead , he got in the way of her throw ? 

Edited by E.RedMark
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I read that (on the wiki) . Why did he interfer though ? the wiki doesn't say ..

edit: oh and why after he got crushed by the moon , she sort of celebrated honoring him ? shouldn't she be pissed instead , he got in the way of her throw ?

abydone was all about creation & preservation, and well, wiping-out an entire civilization was a tad to much for his taste.

• Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

Because "preservation", especially of worked, crafted objects, was at that time still part of his portfolio. The gods are just constructs running on complex programming; I don't think they're *capable* of doing anything other than following their natures.

And it's implied that Ondra was deeply in love with Abydon, and while she believed that killing him was necessary she wasn't at all happy about it.

• Like 2

Anything would of been better then soulless main quest with a PC character  who's journey in the game has been nothing but forgettable (they really need some better writers).

Edited by Wompoo

Anything would of been better then soulless main quest with a PC character  who's journey in the game has been nothing but forgettable (they really need some better writers).

I think the story itself is fine. The only thing that is lacking is the main characters involvement. And I mean actual involvement. Hunting part of your soul is kind of out there and doesn't really do antyhing because the game doesn't focus on the lack of it either. Also the open world gives no incentive to continue the story. It's not as bad as Fallout 4's: "Where's my baby!!!!! Ooohhhh let's grow some crops.", but it is still bad.

• Like 1

I think the story itself is fine. The only thing that is lacking is the main characters involvement. And I mean actual involvement. Hunting part of your soul is kind of out there and doesn't really do antyhing because the game doesn't focus on the lack of it either. Also the open world gives no incentive to continue the story. It's not as bad as Fallout 4's: "Where's my baby!!!!! Ooohhhh let's grow some crops.", but it is still bad.

hey everyone get the munchie ! especially since the road is long and there is no taxi !  :lol:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller