Well what you point out Siegdarth is what make the Fighter good (at best) as a multiclass.

His damage skills and high level skills, passives and buffs are bad/pointless/broken.(meaning it doesn't work correctly, not op). 
And that's not only for fighter, but no game should give bad/useless skills as high level objectives.

And he's still outtdamaged by the other classes who easily deals 2 times its damages as a dps. Even tho armored grace and discipline grace are good, they don't transform the fighter into a big crit machine, and his crits aren't impressive at all.

And AeonsLegend, not really, but in the fighter case, he's not at a state of "not good enough to solo POTD" but at the state of "bad single class dps (average with dual wield), average singleclass meatshield, decent/good for multiclass because of passives and accuracy boost"

Edited by Veolfen

But I find every multiclass more powerful than their solo counterpart, not only the fighter. despite having powerfull skills sooner, most classes powerlevel abilities are not worth it

Problem, there is large connection between general nerfing and multiclass and singleclass.

So if Obsidian nerf Fighter, single class is the most hurted.

Why ? Because Obsidian don't use enough Power level and variables to create a true gap between single and multiclass. Gap between single and multi SHOULD BE automatic (25 % of hit to crit with multiclassFighter ? A variable on x %, 50 % for single !...). Here and now, if you nerf a thing, single class is always more penalysed.

I am chocked to see how multiclass share 90 % of thing with single... Only missiles are -a little- different, but it is not enough.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

I think the creators should really stay away from creating a game that is good to solo. All nerfs/buffs should focus on party play. Creating a game that is ok to solo and actually focus on it from a devs perspective is a bad idea. I think rule of thumb is that if a game can be soloed when it was intended for party play then it is too easy.

• Like 1

Most relevant changes are gear wise. 

Everything that gave recovery speed was nerfed to give only 10% instead of 20% or 15%
I loved this because of Miscreant - DoC armor - Duskfall - Helm of the Falcon - Acina's Tricorn became mandatory for every build.

Powerful gear had their function halved or how the buff/debuff is applied. Miscreant - 25% damage from flanking is now -10%

All the % buffs given by gear lost 5% to 10% its effectiveness. Some of the gear "Get healed if element x is used on you" now give a flat dmg reduction.

Voidwell now correctly applies its raw damage on player.

Dificulty: 

All the encounters on veteran and classic are working correctly,  also the level scaling is effective now. <3 

Class based

All the skills that add % of the elemental damage were nerfed by 5% -  3% ( Bleak walker as example) minus the druid.

All single target priest buff had the cast improved from 3sec to 0.5 sec. 

All the rogue skills deliver 25% dmg, fair since most of the skills are expensive and adds more of tactical value now. 

Monk is the class that suffered most of the changes. Shattered pillars only adds wounds with auto attacks. Good because I was always at max wounds, Still have to see if passive abilities, such as carnage, can add to the wound value. 

Swift strikes no longers gives 20% action speed, now is 15% and the damage from the burn is now 15% instead of 30% ( which is insane) 

• Like 1

But I find every multiclass more powerful than their solo counterpart, not only the fighter. despite having powerfull skills sooner, most classes powerlevel abilities are not worth it

Problem, there is large connection between general nerfing and multiclass and singleclass.

So if Obsidian nerf Fighter, single class is the most hurted.

Why ? Because Obsidian don't use enough Power level and variables to create a true gap between single and multiclass. Gap between single and multi SHOULD BE automatic (25 % of hit to crit with multiclassFighter ? A variable on x %, 50 % for single !...). Here and now, if you nerf a thing, single class is always more penalysed.

I am chocked to see how multiclass share 90 % of thing with single... Only missiles are -a little- different, but it is not enough.

It's further amplified by the fact that a lot of classes have poor/uninteresting level 8 and 9 spells.

Well what you point out Siegdarth is what make the Fighter good (at best) as a multiclass.

His damage skills and high level skills, passives and buffs are bad/pointless/broken.(meaning it doesn't work correctly, not op). 

And that's not only for fighter, but no game should give bad/useless skills as high level objectives.

And he's still outtdamaged by the other classes who easily deals 2 times its damages as a dps. Even tho armored grace and discipline grace are good, they don't transform the fighter into a big crit machine, and his crits aren't impressive at all.

And AeonsLegend, not really, but in the fighter case, he's not at a state of "not good enough to solo POTD" but at the state of "bad single class dps (average with dual wield), average singleclass meatshield, decent/good for multiclass because of passives and accuracy boost"

Yeah, I can see what you mean. His high-level skills are terrible and he is more of a balanced class without any good flavor. Is an average tanker, that can deal average damage and average utility. I think fighters are like that since POE1, that always turned me off about the class. 

Its really good at the first levels but it doesn't grow as good as the others. 

Both Engiwithian pit fight and Gorecci street are not fair fights without hirelings. Which is fine by me: hirelings are 250gold each and it's only reasonable potd encounters are designed for a full party the moment you are able to make one.

Seems perfectly reasonable especially with Blessings... plus Gore street you can just sneak past everyone and pay off the jerk at the end of the street, 40 gold, then head back collect 1000 gold from the Jailor.

Your tears of unfathomable nerfness are delicious!

Jokes aside, is the consensus now POTD is properly tuned, at least in the first 10 levels? All I did was Benweth fight, took me a couple reloads, it was very fun and challenging.

I believe ranged mobs positioning is key here. Remember White March open fights vs Endless paths chokepoints, and teleporting ondrites afterwards.

I don't think that is the consensus at all.

Please try to beat the ruins using a skald chanter as your PC and let me know how that goes

I beat it on the beta patch using a single class cipher PC, which is probably harder.

I didn't get a hireling but I did burn a lot of consumables. 

Jokes aside, is the consensus now POTD is properly tuned, at least in the first 10 levels? All I did was Benweth fight, took me a couple reloads, it was very fun and challenging.

I believe ranged mobs positioning is key here. Remember White March open fights vs Endless paths chokepoints, and teleporting ondrites afterwards.

Please try to beat the ruins using a skald chanter as your PC and let me know how that goes

I was curious if it's really class dependent. This is 3rd attempt, 1st wipe, 2nd without video.

Note that since I play mostly solo I don't even know some abilities (like Fighter stances) very well. Also I did not follow my plan too closely :) Comparing to my Assasin + companions this was much easier as Sklad has some AoE.

Shall I let you know how the next fight goes because I've seen enough and would play it just to help out. 

Edited by knownastherat

Well I've been soloing on a swashbuckler (Black Jacket/Trickster). Not the best character for the job by any means, but it got me to progress... slowly.

After defeating the boars and wyrms, because my character could, I had to stealth through pretty much everything else in the Engwithian ruins, because my character couldn't :) This let me reach Neketaka and the various vendors though. Then I realized I had picked the wrong POE1 story so no Legendary armor for me, and I had no idea what to get instead.

Wait. There is a backstory option where there is no legendary armor?

Joe

Btw I don't think shield bearer lay on hands was touched.  I kept my Nalpazca alive at 1 hp for quite awhile at one point before realizing I was suffering from drug crash...

They did, now it works only with allies, so no more immortal solo paladins.

So, Kind Wayfarer now best option for tank? That heal on FOD was nice, is it still the same?

My biggest question: anyone know if they fixed the bug that made the difficulty indicators (the sword and skulls) disappear if you have lvl scaling enabled?

This is my personal opinion on the patch. Instead of putting thoughts on making battles harder by adding/mixing different enemy composition they just go the lazy and incompetent way of balancing: nerfs. Take for example Devotion of the Faithful nerfing -10 ACC. So the idea of making battles harder is making you to not being so accurate? This is incompetently lazy as it solve nothing but frustration. Yeah great balance just nerf the hell out of everything without putting in thoughts.

This is what they should do: re-visit and fine tune the battles by mix in different enemy variation to a battle. Enemies that cast debuffs on you, buff themselves, cast summons, use bombs, drugs, potions, traps instead of nerfing any abilities that was awesome and continue neglecting the underpowered builds. Can't wait for the game become even worst and nothing but a dull chore.

They had to do the nerfs for a very logical reason. Some builds were so powerful they were overpowering other combinations pretty hard. If they just adjusted the game difficulty to make it challenging for those very specific builds then players not using them would have had a hard time finishing the game. They did not want to end up in a situation where they limit the players options.

Thanks for the tip! Done, it's fun spamming invocations and critting with mace. 

Made the hardest encounter on first island (pre-aloth fight) with a 4man party (swashbuckler edér, xoti contemplative, skald warden, and Seer hireling).  Took me 4 reloads: fight at narrow ramp, bear+edér on choke, skald behind wih pistol spamming aoe stun, xoti on heal/xbow duty and seer shooting/resummoning bear/charming drake. I'm pretty confident it could be done on Trial of Iron with a second hireling crowd controlling (wizard or druid).

Both Engiwithian pit fight and Gorecci street are not fair fights without hirelings. Which is fine by me: hirelings are 250gold each and it's only reasonable potd encounters are designed for a full party the moment you are able to make one.

PoE1 potd was never balanced around the requirement of having to go to the tavern to make up some new toons. It was always doable with story companions.

• Like 1

I was curious if it's really class dependent. This is 3rd attempt, 1st wipe, 2nd without video.

Note that since I play mostly solo I don't even know some abilities (like Fighter stances) very well. Also I did not follow my plan too closely :) Comparing to my Assasin + companions this was much easier as Sklad has some AoE.

Shall I let you know how the next fight goes because I've seen enough and would play it just to help out. 

Your boars are only one skull. In my POTD they were 3 skulls at level 4

What did you set scaling at?

My current attempt I turned all scaling off to see if that makes a difference - nothing in this video would be possible with 3 skull boars. Eder would die before you got to do anything really.

There is a way to make that pack even smaller though - on my attempt I got wiped by just 2 3 skull boars and 2 young boars because their stats were just insane - couldn't be hit by anything and hit my guys for 50 damage with 'gore' which also did a DoT - you can pull that pack with a trap , ramp down on the southwestern side or so

Edited by merkmerk73

Thanks for the tip! Done, it's fun spamming invocations and critting with mace. 

Made the hardest encounter on first island (pre-aloth fight) with a 4man party (swashbuckler edér, xoti contemplative, skald warden, and Seer hireling).  Took me 4 reloads: fight at narrow ramp, bear+edér on choke, skald behind wih pistol spamming aoe stun, xoti on heal/xbow duty and seer shooting/resummoning bear/charming drake. I'm pretty confident it could be done on Trial of Iron with a second hireling crowd controlling (wizard or druid).

PoE1 potd was never balanced around the requirement of having to go to the tavern to make up some new toons. It was always doable with story companions.

If anything, making a custom party allowed you to completely trivialize PoE1 PotD. Part of the reason to stick with the story companions is that even with good builds, their strength would be middling at best - and that was fine.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Your boars are only one skull. In my POTD they were 3 skulls at level 4

What did you set scaling at?

My current attempt I turned all scaling off to see if that makes a difference - nothing in this video would be possible with 3 skull boars. Eder would die before you got to do anything really.

There is a way to make that pack even smaller though - on my attempt I got wiped by just 2 3 skull boars and 2 young boars because their stats were just insane - couldn't be hit by anything and hit my guys for 50 damage with 'gore' which also did a DoT - you can pull that pack with a trap , ramp down on the southwestern side or so

Do you have the Deadly Deadfire mod installed? That's the only way I can think of to have scaling move enemies multiple levels above your own.

The number of skulls doesn't matter, boars are merely bodies. They have a slow attack speed, a slow attack animation, a slow movement speed and they don't have engagement, so they can be evaded and kited around.

Also give Eder Xoti's chain mail, boars do pierce damage and these guys overpenetrate his saint scale armor. He can now tank 30% better :)

Edited by Esajin
  • Like 2

The number of skulls doesn't matter, boars are merely bodies. They have a slow attack speed, a slow attack animation, a slow movement speed and they don't have engagement, so they can be evaded and kited around.

Also give Eder Xoti's chain mail, boars do pierce damage and these guys overpenetrate his saint scale armor. He can now tank 30% better :)

The skulls absolutely does matter because it impacts their defenses and accuracy. You aren’t going to beat that fight with 3 skull boars swarming you with story companions only and a chanter PC

I would have to tinker with the settings but I don’t use mods so it must have something to do with scaling - I’m about to get there in a no scaling job so we will see how it goes this time

That’s a good tip for the armor type though for sure

• Like 1