E3 2018 Thread

AC Oddyseey kinda reminded me of Rise Of The Argonauts which is a good thing. That game was so underrated but so damn good!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'm always excited for anything from Platinum, but that trailer for Babylon's Fall was just dates, dates, more dates, and even more dates. Also, dates. So... Umm... Yeah.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

PC show is meh... Fortnite, Don't Starve, etc. Nothing too interesting as it's classic games or stuff we've already seen.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

They added an evil Jade so now there's no reason for any fan to not be excited, then again, there's just no pleasing people sometimes........ .

I can’t figure out whenever they are brilliant or are trolling fans who wanted the sequel for so many years.

For me Michel Ancel is all I need to be excited.

Ubisoft Conference Summary

Just Dance 2019

Beyond Good & Evil 2

BG&E2 Hit-Record Content Collaboration

Rainbow 6 Siege Community Appreciation Thing?

Trials Rising

The Division 2

Mario + Rabbids: Donkey Kong's Adventure

Skull & Bones

Transference VR

Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Starfox for Starlink

Legendary Miyamoto Shows Up And Immediately Improves The Show

For Honor: Starter Edition

For Honor: Marching Fire

The Crew 2

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Bg&E2 + Skull&Bones are things to keep an eye on. Hopefully they won’t be too Ubi.

No Splinter Cell? With the original Sam Fisher tease I was hoping for a true SC game. Not to be, apparently.

Maneater is a unique open world action rpg with deep stat building and fierce predators in underwater dungeons. Do you have what it takes to defeat the great shark of the reefs? Find out when you play ManEater.

This game looks great^ Yeah.

Edit: Yes, it's essentially a Hungry Shark game but with deep rpg elements. It has a steam page for more info.

Actually,

I asked for Hungry Shark on Steam years ago but I'll gladly take this instead ;)

Edited by SonicMage117

Oh no Sony... what is you doing? This format is not good. Just gonna let Microsoft steal your immaculate down to brass tax format?

This better payoff. If they are buying out ESPN I'll understand the format, otherwise...

format restored?

Edited by injurai

Sony already won it for me <3

The games are more about emotional storytekling and maturity in writing, aimed for mature audience. These games here put the most player involved rpg stories to shame. The graohics are a nice bonus too though :)

Sorry I missed the whole Avellone talk, did anyone said anything about him looking fat?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ghost of Tsushima looks incredible.

Spider Man and The Last of Us part II look great.

Death Stranding feels like a spiritual successor to Silent Hill 2.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Twitch died on me right at the start and I had to switch to the Gamespot Youtube stream, but was it just me or was Sony's conference really odd? I appreciate the music for TLoU2 and GoT, but gosh the tone was just odd. Never mind the production values, just shoddy and not smooth at all.

Xbox literally recreated what Sony has done the past 2 years, what gives?

Not even set piece for Dreams? I know they showed it earlier. Also

Twitch died on me right at the start and I had to switch to the Gamespot Youtube stream, but was it just me or was Sony's conference really odd? I appreciate the music for TLoU2 and GoT, but gosh the tone was just odd. Never mind the production values, just shoddy and not smooth at all.

Xbox literally recreated what Sony has done the past 2 years, what gives?

Not even set piece for Dreams? I know they showed it earlier. Also

I agree it was but they had the best games imho, and what's more is that none(?) of them were world premieres or anything like that but games we already have been trased for years. Sony is like the black sheep of the conference, Bethesda is probably the wild card, Ubisost is the dark horse, Microsoft is the ace of spades. Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

Well they had Control, as a world premiere unless that was revealed earlier. New to me anyways.

It's not surprising that they didn't reveal too much more, they need to get all these games out the door.

• Like 1

Updating with the ones that have caught my eye today:

Cyberpunk 2077

Doom: Eternal

Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Metro: Exodus
Tunic
Dying Light 2

Rage 2
Quake: Champions
Starfield
The Elder Scrolls VI

Beyond Good & Evil 2

Sable

Rapture's Rejects

Two Point Hospital

The Last of Us Part II
Ghost of Tsushima
Control
Death Stranding

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Some people expected Death Stranding to be an action game so they are calling it 'bored-to-death Stranding' :p

I think Death Stranding and Cyberpunk 2077 both turned out to be a little different than what people expected them to be.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Well they had Control, as a world premiere unless that was revealed earlier. New to me anyways.

You're right, that was.

I totally forgot about it but it looks great too. It looks like Quantum Break :)

Some people expected Death Stranding to be an action game so they are calling it 'bored-to-death Stranding' :p

I think Death Stranding and Cyberpunk 2077 both turned out to be a little different than what people expected them to be.

I'm glad it's not an action game. What I want is more story for mature minds and less action, not that we can't have both but it really helps the story if there is less action of course.

Then we have Just Cause 4 which is all action on top of a story but that's gonna be like the fast n furious of video games lol

Edited by SonicMage117