RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - VISUAL NOVELS ALLOWED

New patch and new free DLC for Deadfire, if you somehow missed the news :)

https://www.gog.com/news/pillars_of_eternity_ii_fishes_out_free_dlc_and_new_patch

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Sometimes publishers request that their games go on sale or recieve discount regardless of sales. Doom, The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein sold very well but they were literally 50% off within 2 months of release. Bethesda's way of doing things? Same could be said for many other indie/AAA titles. I guess if you make enough profit, you can cut the price, if you're doing poorly you can cut the price too. The worm eats the apple inside and out both ways.

When there's a Steam sale on, anything that doesn't have one of those little green boxes on is getting ignored.

Better to be in the sale with a sustainable discount than have everyone's eyes just skip over it because no little green box.

(Also, for a crowdfunded game sales don't necessarily mean the same as they otherwise would because the highly engaged people who would give you your early sales spike are already playing their backer copies).

(All I've bought in the sale is the DLC for XCOM 2 now I have a PC that sucks less at running it)

Edited by GloatingSwine

Well, even the player count seemed to be pretty low. :>

Steam's numbers peaked at about 2/3 of the first game, which you have to view in the light of:

Steam got worse.  There's more crap per minute clogging the new releases making everything harder to find. That also drives more people to other platforms like GoG (where I got both games) where you can't see player numbers.

and

PoE2 is less of a curiosity, the first one was early on in the wave of new Infinity Engine successors and so would pick up some curiosity sales.

More people are getting to GOG, if the game is released simultaneously on both platform, just so they do not need to go through all the Steam Direct garbage.

I'm actually sticking more to Steam nowadays, because the patching and crap is just a lot easier and faster. Also plenty of the games I play have a constantly updating beta branch... only on Steam.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

If you use Galaxy, patching is as easy as on Steam. Just sometimes few days later. But more and more games are getting faster and faster with their patches. PoE2 release patches on both platforms at almost same time.

I'm actually sticking more to Steam nowadays, because the patching and crap is just a lot easier and faster. Also plenty of the games I play have a constantly updating beta branch... only on Steam.

Yeah, i am with you, I like GoG for old games but they really have quite an issue with new releases - EG mz troubles with BattleTech patching

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

If you use Galaxy, patching is as easy as on Steam. Just sometimes few days later. But more and more games are getting faster and faster with their patches. PoE2 release patches on both platforms at almost same time.

Big selling point for GoG for me was that I don't need extra client. I don't want Galaxy

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yeah, Galaxy is basically Steam but with a UI that isn't fifteen years old.

Steam's Bug Picture's U.I is pretty new and I like it more than Galaxy. I haven't had a problem with it, I use my Xbox 360 on pc more than keyboard and mouse though.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Big selling point for GoG for me was that I don't need extra client. I don't want Galaxy

Without galaxy, sorting out the patches can be pretty annoying, because the web sometimes simply do not show new available updates. I think there is some script for it on GOG forums, which works with GOG Downloader, and solves this issue, but I was not able to find it. Do you know by any chance about it?

Edit: lol, i have found it in my favourites list, i am dumb *sighs*

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogrepopy_python_script_for_regularly_backing_up_your_purchased_gog_collection_for_full_offline_e/page1

Edited by Mamoulian War

"IT'S TRUE! IT'S TRUE!!"

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I'm not sure. Cyberpunk 2077 seems to be very popular on this forum for whatever reason, I'm not convinced it will be as good as people think, I think hype and the CDPR community/fanbase will ruin the game lomg before the release if it hasn't already. Additionally, you have people that "claim" to have seen the actual gameplay and say nothing but "It's amazing", seems a bit fishy for a number of reasons but I guess this youtuber is super excited for the game and was butthurt that other people weren't lmao

Edited by SonicMage117

If at the very least it manages to be a modernized refined and enlarged version of Deus Ex's Hell's Kitchen / Hong Kong, then I think it will be my game of the decade. Deus Ex is my all time favorite game, so 2077 going first-person is music to my ears. I was very much hoping CD Projekt wouldn't do the mixed FPP/TPP that the prequels Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Mankind Divided went with.

Could the game let down some people? Sure, I was expecting that a bit after re-watching the trailer a few times. After hearing reviews, reading content and mechanic details, and then especially after seeing the screenshots. I am to the moon, or rather Freeside!

I think you give people too much power, hype and (pre?)-fanbases don't tend to "ruin" games. Not before launch. That really only happens with people running inside jokes into the ground, and usually the requires one to have played the game to begin with. We know they had closed door showings, so I don't know what you mean by "claim," I know what you mean by "it's amazing" but even with a grain of salt the game sounds all around solid. I don't need to siphon off someone else's hype, I leave my self to that task off what I can reasonably gather. I assume most people do the same.

The thing is CD Project Red has only ever worked on one franchise until now, it took them three times to make a game that both they themselves and the gaming community happy. 90% of their fanbase never existed until their 3rd game if we're being realistic (going by sales of the games). While I agree that people trashing a game can ruin it before release, also too much love and hype from the community can also do that too, this was initially thought to only be possible for crowdfunding games but proved for non-crowdfunded products as well. People would never thinks that passion and love could kill a product before it's even but it can when it generates certain expectations.

I would assume that if the game is a Deus Ex on steroids then only half people would love it, the other half hating it (for being like Deus Ex and not set apart enough). Both good reasons to love and hate the game. I, myself, am a Deus Ex lover in disguise, if it was like Deus Ex I probably wouldn't complain but looking at how established JC Denton is, it would be like seeing a game like The Witcher pop up, even if it did everything better, people would still be in the right to complain. People will make judgements long before playing the game and rightfully so, since we have youtubers who will get demos and review copies early. I suppose the question "Will it live up to the hype?" will be answered then but I'm not holding my breath for the game. It didn't make top 10 E3 trending games and with good reason. The Witcher 3 is one of my top rpg's ever but so far there's no indication to why this game will be decent or good other than "It's made by CDPR so hype!" Which isn't very much to base the crazed hype off in the first place. I need to see more but I'm not expecting to be blown away with anything but pretty graphics.

I wish I could join the hype and say "It's going to be the best game ever" but I need a reason to, more than two cgi trailers I mean, which explain absolutely nothing or could mean anything - depending on how you look at it. I'm normally the glass half full type of guy but I'm waiting for something to be poured in first. I'm interested in what others have to say though.

Edited by SonicMage117

I think this game will appeal much more beyond Deus Ex and will probably be far better for it, I'm just saying if it only manages to be a suped-up version of OG Deus Ex's more open-world zones, then I'd be happy. Guerilla Games only ever made Killzone, then pulled Horizon Zero Dawn out of nowhere. I don't think companies stretching beyond themselves is unheard of, especially when they can hire to target a specific vision. This game had been in it's hiring stages longer than any game I can think of to date.

I think you must be forgetting the love that CDPR's early fans had for The Witcher 1 and 2, even if it was a small fan base. They had to grow from somewhere. I also think TW3 does show their chops, even if they've only pulled that off once. (Though I guess their DLCs which are larger than some dev's games, could count as a repeat success.) They've only ever improved I think demonstrates the sort of technology and production investment that they have been building out. Why wouldn't they be able to make a yet another appealing game.

Honestly if you look at the big AAA games today, most all are fairly good. What's left is whether the content is a good deal for the price, whether the consumer is respected, and whether the sort of game appeals to you. People have expectations sure, but a lot of people also like experiencing something new and having their taste's challenged. The Witcher 3 certainly did that.

I don't think the idea is to get unnecessarily hyped, just that It should be clear why people are highly anticipating this. I don't know if you've read any of the mechanical features list, but it's enough to convince me that they've thought things through in a manner that this game will be engaging and not just some collection of cardboard cutouts. I really don't know why you' wish to join the hype. Honestly your befuddlement seems to be from taking in second hand impressions instead of just digesting the meat of what's been revealed, waiting hoping to be impressed is probably the best way to approach one's interest.

I agree that most AAA titles are good. It's pretty hard to find a bad one but I guess you'll always have those peeps who think it's cool to hate something for being something popular (It's really no different from hating CoD as a franchise or EA as a company). We seem to be in a generation where almost nothing is good enough, The Witcher 3 is damn good though, I was so happy to see it got raving reviews even from those who hate rpg's and only played open world action games. Chance says that a repeat of that favor is highly unlikely. I mean Mass Effect Andromeda wasn't by any means a "bad game" but it promised much and didn't live up to the first 3. Track record means nothing to me because of it, even Obsidian is an example.

And I totally agree with CDPR games getting better with every release. The Witcher 1 was horrid, The Witcher 2 was good and The Witcher 3 was great. What makes CDPR unique is that most of their had no interest in The Witcher series before The Witcher 3 became a thing. As I said, 90% of CDPR's fanbase didn't exist until the third game was released or shown at E3. Sadly, most fans still aren't even aware that there is a Witcher book series nor have ever played/have any interest of playing the other 2 games but they may just be what shapes the development decisions of CDPR as they further develop the game. Who knows, they may squeeze that third person mode in the end since they are nice people and they love to please fans - why it would be bad is because it's not what they really wanted to do and when they stray from that path, it's never really a good thing so while there's no point for me to worry about that right now, it still worries me of that possibility may come into play at some point in the cycle.

I have no doubt Cyberpunk 2077 will be huge and sell well though - not that sales or popularity ever mattered to me anyway. I can't wait to see the game play but don't want to set myself up for disappointment. I wouldn't be disappointed if it was Deus Ex or a first person Omikron. I'll be disappointed if it's like an rpg version of Perfect Dark.

I would really love it if it was a healthy mix of Deus Ex and Omikron The Nomad Soul lol

As far as what's been revealed, I've read everything I could find on the game and that's also what sacres me. It almost sounds too good to be true, I can almost smell in the back of my throat, a hellish repeat of No Man's Sky (or even worse - Star Citizen in terms of release date maximization only I mean). It's far more easier to mess a game up than to make a great one. Even with all the hype removed, I still need to wait and see the actual gameplay before getting excited but I'm glad you and everyone else here is. If it turns out to have great things going on and the devs show some gameplay, I would pe-purchase it asap.

Will Cyberlunk 2077 revolutionize games as we know it? If course not but it is certainly welcome to try, I will not say no to it. Now, I command CDPR to keep up the great work and with confidence believing that it will be at least decent to that regard - one would think it cannot be worse than the first Witcher anyway. I'll drink to that :)

Add to that all the efforts that Steam puts in their sales that nobody else does.

Like ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

All the people who complain about first person Cyberpunk game haven't even seen real gameplay yet. This is all completely pointless and should be ignored entirely.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."