Everything posted by Gorgon
-
Do you yanks think we euros are poking around too much in your politics?
The US is the world's only remaining superpower, for the time being at least. In many ways who becomes president of the US could impact you more than who becomes president of Sweden.
-
Who should I buy from: Cyberpower or Dell?
Sounds bad to me.
-
Stargate Atlantis - Poll
What ? You are one annoying son of a motherless goat. I mean, yes, I did tease a bit, but in a positive manner. I guess finesse is just lost on some people.
-
SNAP CALL!
Run to a shop and get another charger ?
-
Motorcyclists, post about your SWEET RIDES
You should get your own show.
-
Stargate Atlantis - Poll
i'm watching it right now. I never thought I would miss Macgyver and the Egyptian baldie in a million years, but it's actually worse.
-
CPU Thread
Is that worth holding out for or is it gonna be mega expensive and untested for a long time after it does come out. I can't wait forever, I wanna be able to play Crysis sometime this year.
-
Titan Quest producer rants on PC market.
I must have spent tens of thousands on games over the odd 15 years I have been playing PC games, pardon me if I don't self destruct out of shame.
-
Some help with a virus
You spying on your wife or something ?
-
Titan Quest producer rants on PC market.
The numbers make more sense if you think of it terms of copies of games instead of number of people. Naturally, pirates will play tons of games -- it's not like it costs them anything to download ten games a month. Paying gamers probably buy only one or two games a month, if that. Thats apples and oranges isen't it. Only a very small percentage of pirated copies translate into potential sales. I have done a fair ammount of pirating in my day, I don't get much time to play at all these days so I don't bother, if something is worth my interest the cost wont kill me, and I prefer to have it in working order able to receive patches and updates, but there was a time where abject poverty prevented me from getting any games at all, other than the free way.
-
Titan Quest producer rants on PC market.
Then I saw that Bioshock was selling 5 to 1 on console vs. PC. And Call of Duty 4 was selling 10 to 1. These are hardcore games, shooters, classic PC audience stuff. Given the difference in install base, I can't believe that there's that big of a difference in who played these games, but I guess there can be in who actually payed for them. Hmm, this would suggest that the idea that piracy is jacking up the prices of games does not hold water, since console games are noticeably more expensive. More likely companies will charge exactly what they can get away, and be sure to hit that ceiling regardless of piracy levels.
-
Titan Quest producer rants on PC market.
The hack was able to get around it, somewhat, I played my pirated game, got bored with it, and when I decided to go back to it a week later, lo and behold, it didn't work anymore. Other versions were a compilation of downloaded game content re arranged and re released, a tall order to complete, but at the time probably the most prestigeous thing you could have your name attached to.
-
Titan Quest producer rants on PC market.
Aren't most Mmogs more or less immune to piracy by the fact that what you are really paying for is your account information, and that practically no hackers bother with online support. Given that there is a 90% profit increase available here, I don't understand why all PC games don't require you to register and authenticate the product online. Just wondering. It didn't work with integrated steam, people were able to get around it, but that hack was like a rite of passage, like cracking the latest version of windows, meaning everyone and their grandmother wanted a go at it. A huge difference from merely mounting a CD image. If all games required the same large effort, and if certain content was only added as you played the game surely it would cut down noticeably.
-
Prince Harry actually fighting!
Well how often do you see sons of monarchs on the front line, they usually get some out of the way duty like navy or reserve officer. Of course they are usually able to capitalise on their education and qualify for something other than front line infantry. Either way, kudos to Harry for doing something other than screwing up.
-
What are you playing now?
Don't any of you get sick of replaying games you already know everything there is to know about.
-
Image Making thread
Illustrator is bad because there are only 3 geometry tools, they expect you to build the rest with an impossible little widget that manipulates anchor points. How this became the choice in design I will never understand. Friend of mine tried to wow me by demoing some of the stuff it can do. I can see how it might be useful if you were designing logos or a can of tomatoes, other than that, not really. I have no experience of flash whatsoever, but I take it it can't work with photoshop layers, you really need photoshop for the coloring. Painter (the successor to corel paint) does a real mess of layers, individual brushes will start their own layers and you will have to sort them out when you are deleting part of your work, 80% of the brushes are gimmics you would never use in a million years except for a laugh, and they clutter up the palettes and the useful ones.
-
Pakistan blamed for YouTube Outage
The Danish police block IP ranges that contain child porn. I can't say my freedom feels that violated because of it.
-
Some help with a virus
Antiviruses can be bypassed these days, it involves destroying part of the native windows file protection and loading a spetial driver at startup. I just had to reinstall everything after I got hit with a rootkit trojan, although using a trojan to plant a virus seems like a complete waste of the effort. I mean you would rather have control of the machine to use for DOS attacks and such, right.
-
Image Making thread
Any of you know of a good program to help you draw geometry for use in 2d art. Photoshop will let you draw a straight line by holding down a button, thats about it. Illustrator is not much better, way too spetialised to be any good for my needs. I need something that will let me create tubes ovals, lines, perspectives etc, without being an engineering tool that takes 5 years to learn to operate.
-
Say hi to: Mr. James Zhang
This guy has some really sexy lines, the rest are ok i guess.
-
helmet irony?
The German used horse to draw artillery and supplies, in fact they weren't anything near fully motorized going into Russia. Cavalry was used mainly to get there, then get off and fight on foot. A horse makes a rather tempting target with a soldier on it.
-
The Decline and Fall of Europe
Many of the points are valid, especially the battle Germany and France have been waging with pentions and wages which are entirely unsustainable in a global market, and yet these underpin the political leadership and will continue to do so in future. We are having a similar debacle in Denmark, the economy is sound and private sector jobs are paying off much more now than public ones, so now the pressure is on for wage increases that are pretty much guaranteed to hurt state finances the next 20 years. Others are not, biotech companies clutter around scandinavia because of the high level of education, and exports are rebounding. Europe is not insular in any sense of the word, except perhaps militarily, but what really does that matter, we have no credible threats to our borders and I propose we can be forgiven for being complacent in that area as long as we lead the field in development aid.
-
US Presidential Elections
Who's gonna win though democrat or republican, or do polls even matter with that college of cardinals funnybuisiness you are running. ( intentional. )
-
HALO VS STAR WARS
Thats entirely possible, and an understandable reaction after playing Ranbow Six Vegas.
-
HALO VS STAR WARS
but the point is that Bungie made a console FPS that WASN'T just a dumbed down PC FPS that you had to had to play with a contoler, it was designed for consoles and most of the indistry now follows the president it set. And so the shooter went down the console drain as well. A depressing history lesson, and a crappy game. All just in my opinion of course.