Everything posted by Gorgon
-
British Humour is in the Genes
All this fails to explain Benny Hill.
-
What's your poison?
The term 'right' and 'left' in political context means something slightly different in each continent. A conservative European could easily be considered a Democrat for instance. Also, many of the questions are too loaded and hypothetical to be answerable no one chooses his or her country of birth, so it's foolish to be proud of it. Thats not a conclusion now is it, You can be proud if you happen to live in a country with founding values that you consider worthy, but automatic pride, as in the sense of patriotism, which we find everywhere from Dictatorship to beacon of democracy.... military action that defies international law is sometimes justified. It depends doesn't it, show me an example and I'll tell you whether it's justified, answering 'yes' should not automatically move me anywhere in the matrix, the devil is in the details. controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment. I don't feel that is an 'either - or' proposition, fiscal and monetary policy are tools used to reach an end goal of 5% unemployment, which is generally considered full employment, any less would create unsustainable wage increases and hurt the economy, but I can accept that my end goal is perhaps not the same as everyone else's. I would lean toward the controlling unemployment option. the prime function of schooling should be to equip the future generation to find jobs. What kind of schooling, elementary school, kindergarten ?. While I don't think it should be the prime goal of education, that doesn't mean that I don't think public education could and should do a lot better in that area. a significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system Well yes, thats all true, but is that doesn't mean it's a good thing. astrology accurately explains many things Yes, like how gullible some people are. some people are naturally unlucky Is this philosophy or more an option for people who refuse to believe in social Darwinism. Where is the 'how the hell should I know' option. And here we go : Economic Left/Right: -3.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10. I guess I can live with that. It's my understanding that Liberal in the US is mostly used by Republicans to describe everything that is wrong with Democrats. It's certainly not the same as economic liberalism (free trade), or 'traditional' liberalism (individual rights)
-
US Presidential Elections
Lots of polls available, but where is the only one that really matters: Democrat or Republican. Given that the Republican ticket is decided, and that the policy difference between Obama and Clinton is negliable.
-
Contraband Materials
Also, stop mobbing the new guy.
-
Contraband Materials
Soft News. The idea is to take a break from the usually depressing real world of politics with a story about a puppy caught in a well, or as in this case the illicit purchase of a candybar. Even the Britney Spears well can run dry.
-
IWD2's use of 3E was a mistake
I though the rule changes were the one redeeming factor in IWD2, heh.
-
Mask of the Betrayer: Mature Game Elements
At least we could have had some dirty 'witcher postcards'
-
The new 7 deadly "social sins"
AND if you are catholic then you have no right to question the Pope neither Yes your holiness, I bow to your greater wisdom. Long live the fetus-jockeys.
-
The new 7 deadly "social sins"
Huh..
-
The new 7 deadly "social sins"
Wonderful, the list mixes sensible moral edicts with discrimination and fundamentalism. Pretty much what I would expect from Ratzinger.
-
Mysteries of Westgate intro revealed.
I scratched the disk and the crappy NWN2 won't install. I don't suppose this is standalone.
-
The Best So Far??? 2.0
Direct X backward compatibility doesn't stretch that far, i'd say you need a DOS box for one, and run the other in win 98/95 mode. Anywho, many of those games are re released at bargain bin prices, 3 for a laugh, I remember Dark Omen was for instance. ,
-
BREAKING NEWS: ALPHA PROTOCOL - OBSIDIAN MMORPG
I thought all new releases were bug ridden and unfinished by default. Usually you have to wait at least a couple of months for a patch to fix the worst of it, and maybe a year for one that will adress all of them.
-
The Best So Far??? 2.0
If a P/C is anything like a PC, thats what i'm voting. I just feel it's pointless to buy games that require a special console, because sooner or later you will wind up with loads of different consoles and a stack of games for each of them. Why no have something that can play them all. I take it an Amiga CD2 is not the same as an Amiga, since the Amiga was meant as a personal computer for the games and graphics enthusiasts.
-
Dawn of War: Soulstorm announced
I would much prefer to have them marching around in formations, as in the boardgame, even if it's not really what you would do in space age combat, I tire of all the micromanagement of DOW and all the usual phases of a 'buildings and troopers' type RTS. Something along the likes of Total war would please me immensely.
-
BREAKING NEWS: ALPHA PROTOCOL - OBSIDIAN MMORPG
I think the premise sounds cool
-
BREAKING NEWS: ALPHA PROTOCOL - OBSIDIAN MMORPG
So it's a mmog with 6 million Michael Thorton's running around farming for their gold desert eagles
-
Animal Rights?
This is India, there are plenty of humans who live in comparable conditions to those dogs, basically foraging for scraps and begging. It won't do to apply the same standards.
-
Dawn of War: Soulstorm announced
OOOOO this looks cool, sys rq anyone. *kicks old p4 bucket*
-
Dawn of War: Soulstorm announced
Gimme more Homeworld, it's so much more satisfying to have full 3d battles instead of having the usual buildings and green selection markers milling around- fundamentally unchanged since Starcraft.
-
Problems installing IWD: Heart of Winter
Nothing called Icewind was that fantastic. As for replayability, the inventory and ragdolls in Icewind Dale 1 are so ugly it's a real eyestrain. At least they changed a lot of that for Icewind Dale 2.
-
The Battlestar Galactica Thread
Man I hope they don't get too carried away too with the prophecy and chosen ones, it's such a, shall we say 'well worn' mechanic.
-
Who should I buy from: Cyberpower or Dell?
yeah but they cost an arm and a leg
-
US Presidential Elections
So has anyone got any fresh polls on who would win a presidential election, a republican or a democrat. Obama and Clinton are basically the same on the issues, so why is this taking up everyones attention. There seems to be a lot of emotional reaction, people feel strongly for or against Clinton, not unlike her husband.
-
Do you yanks think we euros are poking around too much in your politics?
bleh, ww1 was almost over by the time your greenhorns showed up, and the Ruskies won ww2 for all of us on the eastern front. We just help clean the place out.