Happy Easter!

Cantousent

Happy Easter everyone!

If you're Christian, go to church.

If you're not, observe the day in happiness and peace.

No matter who you are, it's a great excuse to visit friends and family, have fun, eat a big dinner, and maybe even indulge yourself in a drink or two.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Happy Easter old friend :thumbsup:

No church for me, but I think I have some decent Cognac somewhere, I might just end the week with a bit of indulgence...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I could say something how a really feel about holidays such as Easter but today I feel like showing some restraint and not do so.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Careful with the bunny, my toothy friend.

Thanks for the restraint, Sand. I hope you have a good day. Just pretend it's a regular ol' day and enjoy it!

As for you, Gorth.... I'll have to wait until I'm back home to REALLY address that cognac. Save some for me. :Cant's broad grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It was an okay day. It was pretty slow at work. From 3am to 8am I did only $80 worth of business.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

My girlfriend visited my home and we had a smashing eve, paying a visit to an old friend of mine and showing my old neighbourhood to her. It's almost sad how much the place has changed in these last two years since I moved away. The old places I used to play in, the small thickets and woods, abandoned lots and pools that would fill with thaw water...everything is being renovated and built over. It has almost made me regret coming, I'd like to have retained the pristine yet dingy look in my memory, not these awful blocks of flats that now occupy those old spots.

Nevertheless, it's been a good easter. God bless.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Results back on my mother's cancer. It seems like Jesus it has risen to fight once again. Like in that film.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wall to wall Catholics at the church today. I should bring this up in the morality thread. Is it good that so many people felt like attending church today or bad that the place was such a hazzard in case of fire? Hmmm.

I tell you what, Wals, I'll pray for your mom. If you'd prefer, you may think of it as meditation or well wishing. If that doesn't work, pretend I turned a cold shoulder. :Cant's tongue in cheek grin icon:

Obsidian Plays

BLA BLA BLA I AM DN TYPICAL INTARTUBZ ATHEIST WHO CANT CHOOSE TEH RGHT MOMENT

Happy Easter everyone

edit: I was nearly killed by ****ing moose today. Bloody animals

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I tell you what, Wals, I'll pray for your mom. If you'd prefer, you may think of it as meditation or well wishing.

Just don't tell her she is being prayed for, a recent study, ironically attempting to prove that prayer helped those who were sick, found that people who know they are being prayed from often have more complications than both those who are not prayed for and those who are prayed for but do not know about it - the researchers put it down to performance anxiety.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

You must be a blast at parties. Have a good day. I'll try not to tell you when I pray for you. :Cant's bemused smile icon:

Obsidian Plays

Performance anxiety? GOD IS WATCHING YOU! :yes:

Thanks, Cat. I do believe in 'positive vibes'. irrespective of where they come from and how. The prayers of a good man must count for something.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thread pruned a bit. Somebody enlighten me, what is the purpose of going on a personal crusade of intolerance because somebody wishes people a happy Easter?

Forget that, don't answer it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i should note that while i'm not the religious type (uh, athiest, actually), i do "celebrate" easter with my family. i don't see it as containing any religious significance, though my wife may since she is catholic. my son will not be indoctrinated one way or the other till he is old enough to formulate valid questions... 10 is my guess. i think he "knows" about the concepts of god and hell, etc., and he probably even knows that easter is something significant (since everyone makes a big deal of it), but he's not up on it like i was when i was a child.

anyway, our celebration today consisted of 2 1/2 lbs. of beef tenderloin browned on all sides then tossed in the oven for 15 minutes or so. doesn't take much other than salt and pepper to make a tenderloin delectible. i added aged cheddar mashers (white potatoes, btw), and this KILLER mushroom deal... ****akes, portobellas (criminis) and white caps with onion and some brandy and cream. mmmmm... with a salad and a good bread, we were set. apple streusel from the store for dessert and i was stuffed.

to me, easter is just another excuse to cook a fantastic meal and eat it with my family. :(

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Guest The Architect

Well it's Easter Monday today so it's still Easter to me.

Happy Easter guys.

BLA BLA BLA I AM DN TYPICAL INTARTUBZ ATHEIST WHO CANT CHOOSE TEH RGHT MOMENT

Happy Easter everyone

edit: I was nearly killed by ****ing moose today. Bloody animals

Lulz.

Glad you're still with us, Xard.

I woke up from a very deep sleep. I thought this was closer to the festivalness than, as tlg Bill Hicks said "A giant bunny rabbit came and left chocolate eggs in the night."

-Elwood Blues

Well, we did have this last year.

As part of its latest marketing campaign, a supermarket chain published a survey which showed many youngsters have no idea what Easter signifies.

In an attempt to provide some historical background, the store claimed that the tradition of giving Easter eggs was to celebrate the 'birth of Jesus'.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

You should have seen the trouble I had explaining Christmas to the foreigners I used to teach. In the end I reluctantly agreed their version was more fun. It had explosions.

-Elwood Blues