Everything posted by Sarex
-
What Class do you plan to play first?
We already have this thread and it has a poll included. Use the search function before making a topic.
-
The final marketing drive - looking for a mainstream audience? Target the MOBA crowd
Ok take this how you will but those aren't high tiers. I am Diamond 3 and I still don't consider myself high tier. High tier in LoL is High diamond 1 (80 lp and up) through Challenger. I think I could be low diamond 1 if I played on the EUW server because my ping is 200 on the NA server, which means that any twitch reaction is near impossible, but either way I think I will make it to Diamond one by the end of the season (year). To further elaborate, you can get to Diamond 5 on skill alone. What this means is you have incredible mechanical skill and can outplay your enemy in lane. After D5 you need to make good decisions (this is what I'm good at most of the times) and in D1 and up you need to be able to do both at an incredible level. What makes this even harder is that you need to do this with 4 other people, which usually means that you need to carry one or more of them to win. You also need to be proficient enough in other roles, because you will not always get your main role, so you have to preform on a level where you can at least hold your lane until team fights start. So to conclude your friends aren't near good enough, to be able to make those claims. They are simply on a level where mechanical skill alone can win you the game.
-
The final marketing drive - looking for a mainstream audience? Target the MOBA crowd
How high is high? Diamond 5, Diamond 1, High Diamond 1, Challenger, what server? Take a look at professional matches in lol or dota 2 and compare them to star craft 2. Both type of games take time to master and both can't be mastered over night.
-
The final marketing drive - looking for a mainstream audience? Target the MOBA crowd
Speaking from experience for mobas too?
-
Experience Point Mechanics - Fighting Enemies
I agree, I really like what I see to, except for the combat xp and nothing I have seen in the backer beta has helped alleviate that.
-
Experience Point Mechanics - Fighting Enemies
As we all know the easy way is not always the best way. I sympathize with Obs because I know they are on a limited budget, ie. time schedule, but if anything needed to be complex in this game it was the xp system and the way quests are solved. In my opinion it would have been worth doing the separate xp reward system and investing time in making it work. I know people here are of the opinion that story trumps all other aspects of the game, but that simply isn't true and wasn't the case with the games they are trying to succeed.
-
The final marketing drive - looking for a mainstream audience? Target the MOBA crowd
I can't even begin to describe to you how wrong you are... Mobas have more tactics then all the IE games combined and they depend much more on said tactics then any of the IE games did, this of course only applies to the highest level of gameplay in the Mobas. In the example of LoL, which I am familiar with, each group of champions you play bring with them their own tactics for victory. I could go on and name all the tactics used in LoL right now but I doubt it would mean much to you as you obviously don't play the games, or if you do you aren't in a high enough tier where they are used. I say all of this as a huge IE fan and worth adding that I would trade all the mobas for a great IE style game.
-
The final marketing drive - looking for a mainstream audience? Target the MOBA crowd
The difference between the two is in the pacing of the game, not in complexity. As for summons LoL has it's fair share of them 6-7. You are coming from a place of ignorance with these comments.
-
Experience Point Mechanics - Fighting Enemies
But this is such an overkill solution to the problem. Wouldn't it have been better to change content for those who stealth, for an example, trying to get in to a castle while sneaking gets you xp and changes the dynamic of the fight, you fight in the castle and once you finish the enemies outside are gone (ran away or some such thing) vs. just brute forcing your way in and alerting everyone inside. I always took a thief in any IE game as having no lock-pick skill would severely gimp you. Besides late game thiefs had broken skills. Same with the bard.
-
Experience Point Mechanics - Fighting Enemies
Wrong, what your are talking about is table top rpg, what we are talking about is a game where fighting is unavoidable.
-
Experience Point Mechanics - Fighting Enemies
Facepalm! What would you say are the possible professions in PoE?
-
Experience Point Mechanics - Fighting Enemies
I just hope they won't be stubborn and are willing to change it for the expansion or the next game, if it really does turn out to be a bad decision.
-
What you did today
How does it taste? Man what I wouldn't give for some naturally grown tomatoes, over the past few years they have gone to **** in my country.
- KaineParker's Hopefully Attractive Women Thread Episode V: A Striking Back
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
-
[Possible Spoilers] Pillars of Eternity will be livestreamed at Gamescom
I really dislike like that it doesn't show that the game is paused on the UI, what I mean is that I dislike the lack of any animation in the UI that changes when the game is paused and unpaused (like the globe in IWD2 or the clock mechanism in BG2). I know it's not a big thing, but for some reason it bugs me to no end. Other then that everything else is great.
-
Armour & weapon designs (part V).
I know it's starting equipment and if you bother to read the threads you would have seen that I was mostly talking about late game armors. As for who is talking about normal and generic armors, well I recommend you read the thread you are posting in... lol
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
If this is an mmo, I will cut mu self...
-
Armour & weapon designs (part V).
And someone told me LotR had all normal and generic armors... lol
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
-
What you did today
Heh, mine was yesterday. Happy Birthday!
-
The state of Feminism, the good the bad
The fortune 500 companies are beholden to money, not gender. If a women candidate was considered as a better candidate for making said money she would be chosen. The problem is that those fortune 500 companies are risk aversive (that's how they stay in the 500) so not many of them are willing to take a chance in changing the formula. I don't know what rights are the most popular right now for women, but here are some privileges that they enjoyed for a long time. Women are not required to go to war in times of conscription, they have a priority in custody cases, they get to chose if they want babies or not (after the conception), no pressure is put on them to provide for the family(in a normal family), not to mention the unhealthy divorce practices around the world. Hard core feminist are, anti-male women who thing that the feminine gender is superior and should be treated as such.
-
Thoughts on Gamescon Stream
I agree that this game need more fantastical armor, it doesn't have to be over the top, but please don't let them be generic. This is after all a high fantasy game.