Everything posted by Sarex
-
Sensuki's Suggestions #012: Non-Terrible Main HUD [Mockup]
Do not make him go in to it Sensuki, for the love of god don't, you won't like it when goes in to it! Get of it Karkarov, there is obviously room to discuss this and the points he makes are valid.
-
Superweapons
Nah, crafting a weapon would lose all it's charm then. It's cool when you hunt down parts and find them in strange places, if those parts had a story to how they came to be where they are, even better. It would be great to be able to discover the history of the weapon you are putting back together (like how it got made in the first place, how it got destroyed/separated, how did the specific parts end up where they are, etx.).
-
Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity
How hard would it be to set up the portraits to be like in IWD2? Like this, big picture in inventory, portrait in the ui. I mean the inventory picture will need to be big enough to scale as the inventory is going to be full screen. edit: damn but the UI art(texture) looks so much better then the one in PoE.
-
How to make custom Portraits
How hard would it be to set up the portraits to be like in IWD2? Like this, big picture in inventory, portrait in the ui. I mean the inventory picture will need to be big enough to scale as the inventory is going to be full screen. edit: damn but the UI art(texture) looks so much better then the one in PoE.
-
Backer beta: Developer Impressions
When I want a good story I read a book, not play a game. There is simply no comparing the two.
-
Backer beta: Developer Impressions
I'm saving this quote and will call you on it.
-
Backer beta: Developer Impressions
Fascinating, you have won me over with your argument, how could I have been so ignorant all this time. I have seen the light thanks to you and you great post.
-
Backer beta: Developer Impressions
I agree, they obviously failed on this xp system and thus should go back to the know system, because the time has run out for figuring out how to make this one work. Let them figure it out in their next game, where they will have more time to think on it and make it work. As for the ego stroking, well isn't that the point of games?
-
Backer beta: Developer Impressions
Who cares if it alleviates balance problems? Obsidian guys where payed to make a game for a reason. I don't like these post, whose only point is well it's easier to balance. Well kill xp is more fun, which do you think will matter more to the players fun or balance?
-
Backer beta: Developer Impressions
When you figure out that you can't get to the end of that quest/map, without resting more times then you have supplies, thus needing to go back to buy more and having nothing to show for all that, I'm sure you will.
-
Sensuki's Suggestions #011: Backer Beta Version Review v257 bb
Interesting video +1 on everything you said, but no xp system commentary?
- What happned to the magic words in spell casting?
-
What happned to the magic words in spell casting?
copy/paste 1) Illusion: "Veritas, Credo, Oculos" = "The truth, I believe, with my eyes" or "Truth, I trust my eyes" 2) Alteration: "Praeses, Alia, Fero" = "Protecting, another, I bring this forth" or "I, protecting, bring change" 3) Necromancy: "Vita, Mortis, Careo" = "Life, and death, I am without" or "I separate life from death" 4) Divination: "Scio, Didici, Pecto" = "I know, for I have studied, with my mind" or "I know, I have learned, I seek [to know more]" 5) Abjuration: "Manus, Potentis, Paro" = "A hand, powerful, I prepare" or "I prepare a powerful hand" 6) Evocation: "Incertus, Pulchra, Imperio" = "Uncertain, beautiful things, I command" or "I control beautiful mysteries". 7) Conjuration: "Facio, Voco, Ferre" = "This I do, I call, to bring you forth" or "I make, I call, I bring" 8 ) Enchantment: "Cupio, Virtus, Licet" = "I want, excellence, allowed to me" or "I desire bravery; let it be permitted!" The first meanings seems to be made using google translate, the second seem to be made with understanding of Latin. Make of that what you will.
- First impressions thread!
- No experience from combat
-
Experience point system in the beta and onwards
Good question, though it seems like Josh is not discussing xp.
-
Itemization feels bland
So does that mean that unique items are not enchantable?
-
PoE is just the beginning (hopefully)
First it needs to be a success.
-
Suggestion: Finer-grained XP rewards
That is all just bad quest design.
-
Experience point system in the beta and onwards
Learned that lesson long ago.
-
What are you reading?
The Martian, excellent book that I highly recommended to anyone. It's about an astronaut stranded(presumed dead) on Mars with 1 year of food and the next mission is in 4 years.
- Rotate Camera As It Applies To Combat..A Must?
-
Experience point system in the beta and onwards
Guess many people missed that, I certainly did. Though it's worth adding that it's not just the xp system that is in question here but that is off topic. Also reading the comments in the thread you linked now, just lol.
- Rotate Camera As It Applies To Combat..A Must?
- Rotate Camera As It Applies To Combat..A Must?