Everything posted by HoonDing
-
Experience systems being used
It is much harder to become Arena champion at level 1 than level 20. Agronak gro-Malog is a set level 10 character. Also note that people have finished Morrowind & Baldur's Gate at level 1.
-
Experience systems being used
The system I like best is from the Gothics, lacking level scaling but still possible to kill a high-level foe at early levels with the right tactics (which in a lot of scaled games would be impossible due to foes with too powerful spells or too powerful melee damage). But one needed to find trainers to increase skills & attributes. Unlike Daggerfall & Morrowind, the player wouldn't also become invincible around a certain level, but the game remained challenging until the end... even exaggeratingly so in Gothic 3 where one would go into Nordmar at level 30+ and still get raped by wilderness animals.
-
Dragon Age Discussion
Any DA:O ending that doesn't include Alistair drinking himself into an early grave in obscurity is simply unacceptable. It's more satisfying to make him King by persuading him to marry Anora, keeping Loghain alive and make Loghain the hero after doing the dark ritual.
-
I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian
FemShep is awesome, thanks to Jennifer Hale. MaleShep? Let's say there's a very particular reason why I haven't even finished a ME1 run with a male.
-
Pictures of your games
I really loathe that Princess Leia haircut half the females in Ferelden seem to have.
-
What are you playing now?
Started another run of Divinity 2 with an unarmed warrior, just for laughs. I'll also be replaying Drakensang 2 with an Elven fighter, after the patch is released.
-
Experience systems being used
Spending 20 minutes summoning skeletons or 20 minutes killing identically looking bandits/darkspawn/goblins/undead: which is worse and why? At least in Elder Scrolls one can buy training and max out everything without grinding.
-
I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian
There's a good chance they'd just call Shepard insane. Especially that Turian councilor.
-
Dragon Age Discussion
*summons Volourn* Awakening > MOTB
-
Fallout: New Vegas
Before the deluge of DLCs, I played a melee/unarmed character and it was pretty fun... but with the DLC inclusion of Albino radscorpions, Feral ghoul reavers & Super mutant overlords (not to mention the tribals/hillbillies from Point Lookout) I doubt it would still be possible to play without abusing the Chinese stealth suit.
-
Fallout: New Vegas
- Pictures of your games
The game doesn't end after finishing the main quest, right? Would you mind answering my question? I'm really curious about that. Haven't really had a chance to test it (I put traps in doorways and lure the enemies over them, rather than trying to use them as chokepoints), but I think it's the same as in the previous game. But at least now warriors can learn a 'Taunt' skill that alleviates the 'issue' a bit. Then again, enemies run through party members in Dragon Age as well...- Pictures of your games
Spamming some more Drakensang.- Games you are looking forward to.
I previously forgot to mention Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance.- What are you playing now?
Finished Drakensang: tRoT yesterday. Will replay as an Elf or mage... there were a few instances in the game where I really wish I could've hurled a fireball or use the paralysis spell, which Elves can't learn. Not to mention unlike the first game, NPCs will react differently depending on class/race of the PC - so there's a lot of replay value. Even playing as a thief/rogue is worth it now, since there are many instances during the main quest where violence can either be minimized or completely avoided using sneaking, thieving & social talents.- Dragon Age Discussion
My human noble would've jumped the gloating bastard when Loghain took him along to Eamon's estate. And any other character would've jumped Ser Cautherine for calling the PC a churl. For a dark heroic fantasy, there's never a Renegade interrupt around when you need one.- In a bizarre switch everyone EXCEPT the government goes mad
Most kids come into contact with violence from a very young age. Visit any playground at schools, and count the kids fighting. It's basic human instinct, fueled further by violence seen on TV. When I was a kid, we'd mostly emulate the A-team... later came the Power Rangers... nowadays it must be Pok- I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian
The best FemSheps can go with is Garrus... but of course scalies might not be for everyone. Try a Sentinel for a good all-round class. If one runs out of ammo, one can destroy everything by using Magic Missiles Heavy Warp/Heavy Overload... cooldowns will be only a couple of seconds with the right upgrades too. Take along Zaeed & Miranda and combat gets pretty trivial. I'm surprised by the old man, in fact... just like Shale in DA:O he has a good deal of input during missions... and is pretty much unstoppable.- Dragon Age Discussion
If he doesn't die, I'll kill him.- Games you are looking forward to.
Witcher 2 ME 3 Drakensang: Phileasson expansion Dreamfall Chapters- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!
A better idea would've been to remake Severance: blade of darkness and make it co-op. It's kinda the best hack 'n slash fantasy game of all time.- I'm Commander Shepard and this is also my favorite thread on Obsidian
That's why the most satisfying part of a Paragon playthrough is tell the Council to shove it. I wonder if this will have some consequences in ME3, like random encounters with Spectre agents trying to eliminate 'rogue' Shepard. *chuckles*- Just Cause 2
- Pictures of your games
That dragon looks a hell of a lot better than the ones from Gothic 3. I'll be giving the demo a try.- RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!
Drakensang 2 review - Pictures of your games