Everything posted by HoonDing
-
What are you playing now
I finally got my hands on Still Life 2.
-
Deus Ex 3
So Deus Ex is as much serious business as Fallout?
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground
Arx Fatalis 2 Dark Messiah 2
-
Arcania: A Gothic Tale
Lol, what a horrible haircut that nameless hero has. Maybe I'll pick this one up instead of Two Worlds II, whose release allegedly seems to be put in the fridge (?).
-
Fallout: New Vegas
Wayne Newton is hot. Pity Robert Goulet passed away a few years ago, he'd fit in nicely as well.
-
Pictures of your games
^Connie Mason, Miss June 1963 (born August 24, 1937) Pic will be deleted for being someone's grandmother.
-
Del Toro And Cameron to shoot 'Mountains Of Madness' movie
Lovecraft is one of few authors who made aliens actually look alien. Romance this, Shepard!
- Pictures of your games
-
Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age 2 = Jade Empire 2.
-
Dragon Age 2
I want a Qunari romance.
-
Del Toro And Cameron to shoot 'Mountains Of Madness' movie
Good news, I guess. I'm certain there will be at least one Shoggoth chase scene in the movie. After all, those things don't die (unless you kill them with fire) and the Elder Things created them.
-
Dragon Age 2
Huh? Mages are even more overpowered in DA than BG... even without the ridiculous Blood mage & Arcane warrior specializations, Storm of the Century + Mana Clash destroy everything.
-
Dragon Age 2
Only 'tactics' required in BG2 is using the occasional Breach/Warding Whip/Ruby Ray to take down enemy mage's spell defenses. For the rest, basic hack 'n slash.
-
Fallout: New Vegas
The Pitt > Shady Sands.
-
Pictures of your games
Not all of them have one.
-
Dragon Age 2
Ironically, if DA 2 was more like Demon's Souls, it would've been more hardcore than DA:O ever was.
-
Making a honest lvl 300 is possible.
I wonder how many threads similar to this one are on the WoW forums.
-
Alpha Protocol Reviews
I think games developed by big-name developers (Bethesda, Blizzard, BioWare) should be judged by the same standards that independent developers are judged (read: lambasted) by. Many independent developers can be excused for the state their games are released in due to lesser resources, yet more than often receive no leeway for it, unlike the big-names. Why cut the big-names slack, who have access to much bigger resources?
-
Dragon Age 2
BioWare probably holds the record for most "best games of all time".
-
Fallout: New Vegas
At least it's better than the spirit meter, since I can turn it off.
-
Pictures of your games
^Is that a Super Mutant Behemoth?
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground
- Pictures of your games
What's going on there?- What are you playing now
I'm playing through ME2 with a male Shepard, and as I suspected all dialogue (even the lame "boohoohoo, why didn't you call me?" on Horizon) is exactly the same as with a FemShep, just horribly voiced. But at least I can get into Tali.- Fallout: New Vegas
In hindsight, Bethesda should've stuck to their wiki-style "keyword" dialogue system. There was really no reason to change it, only to flaunt with thousand-and-one [skillChecks] and give the illusion that skill choices actually mattered. They could've even tried to be revolutionary, and introduced a wiki-style dialogue wheel, enabling one to ask every single NPC about "Dad", "Capital Wasteland", "Brotherhood of Steel", "Enclave" and "Vault". - Pictures of your games