Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3006 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
For those playing XCOM2 and who have already encountered all the Chosen, I am adding my three Chosen in the spoilers below, if you want to compare :)

Spoiler

Mind you, the Assassin has "leveled up" as well now and also returns fire on missed shots.

Edited by melkathi, 31 August 2017 - 02:00 AM.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8553 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Yeah, the Assassin dazed Jane, the girl from the first mission, and stole a bunch of information from her on one of my missions. She gave a nice little speech about her while doing it. It was a cool moment. :p

The Chosen are definitely interesting.

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3017 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Decided to start a replay of NWN2 of all games because... well, I guess I want to get to MotB and I dislike just starting it straight away because I'm weird like that.

But oooh boy... the NWN2 OC. Forgot about the voiceacting and characters, and the glory of NWN2 D&D low level combat. My god... It's not pretty.

• Flouride and Hawke64 like this

EbonyBetty

EbonyBetty

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I just finished 'Inside' whooooo, that was ending alright! I'm going to start the Witcher series, this is my first time too. Gonna do Witcher 1! If anyone has any tips, lemme know! <3

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3006 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Save often. Use multiple save slots. I had a bug that made the sidequests in the swamps fail even though I had completed them. Last save was a long time before, so I just quit the game in disappointment.
  • EbonyBetty and Hawke64 like this

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3017 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The beginning of the Witcher 1 is pretty weak, it doesn't really get interesting until Chapter 2 starts (the city). So try and stick with it.

And potions are important.

• EbonyBetty likes this

Undecaf

Undecaf

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So, people with XCOM 2... What the hell's in there to make it almost 60gig deal (only slightly smaller than GTA V)? I'm retired and senile before that thing's downloaded.

Edited by Undecaf, 31 August 2017 - 07:31 AM.

• SadExchange likes this

Gizmo

Gizmo

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I just finished 'Inside' whooooo, that was ending alright! I'm going to start the Witcher series, this is my first time too. Gonna do Witcher 1! If anyone has any tips, lemme know! <3

Enjoy the original... Witcher 2 & 3 dropped almost everything I liked about the series' style & gameplay.  That doesn't mean to imply that W2 & w3 are bad, it just means they could almost pass for a modern Golden Axe sequel instead of Witcher sequels.  Witcher 1 was superb. Also Geralt doesn't look or behave like the same person in either sequel; different face, and a lost sense of pragmatism.

____

**Well what do you know... They actually made a modernized sequel to Golden Axe: 

Spoiler

Edited by Gizmo, 31 August 2017 - 08:09 AM.

• EbonyBetty likes this

SadExchange

SadExchange

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 792 posts

Alright, gonna take a couple seconds to type up some thoughts on what I've been playing, although it's hard to pull myself from my little free time to do so:)

Started XCom 2 WOTC like a lot of people here and have been enjoying it so far.  Love the little and bigger changes.  I'm certainly not too far into it as I played through the tutorial again, so really I've only met up with the reapers and skirmishers, however as of right now, loving the skirmishers.  Would like to put more time in but had inlaws here over the weekend and my oldest just started kindergarten, so life has been a little crazy.

I have put in about 2 hours into Mario + Rabbids and will say so far it's been great fun.  Although it starts off illustrating and informing the player of how a turn-based game works, probably new to many fans of Mario or Rabbids (I've never played a Rabbids game), it appears to have quite a bit of depth if you want it to.  With different weapons (of the same class, but with different attributes/abilities), a skill tree for each player character, and numerous playable characters, this game has a good bit to offer for sure.  I will say, coming from XCom, you have to kind of get used to the movement in this game because you're allowed to move ALOT in your turn and you're selling your team short if you're not taking advantage of that.  And I will say, this game looks good.  For being on a handheld, for the animations within the game, and the little details it has, it looks very good.  I believe right now, I'm in what they consider world 1-6 or 1-7, but really, really enjoying the game so far.  Good purchase for sure and a great game for the switch.

• EbonyBetty likes this

Hawke64

Hawke64

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Steam:Hawke_404
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Still playing SWTOR (Jedi Knight campaign). The new companion is amazing.

Started Furi (boss rush; got with Absolver on GOG). 3 bosses down, ? to go.

1. Going to the swamps at night is not recommended (a lot of enemies, 2-3 bosses);
2. Obtaining Red Ribbon (drawners-repelling talisman) is preferable before chapter 5.

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3006 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

So, people with XCOM 2... What the hell's in there to make it almost 60gig deal (only slightly smaller than GTA V)? I'm retired and senile before that thing's downloaded.

I think mostly audio files for Bradford and the Chosen, so they can blabber you to death. One of my gripes with the expansion is that they seem to have taken a gripe people had (Bradford being too chatty and annoying) and while they have an option for less help chat, and there is a mod "Quiet Bradford", they decided to get back on people's nerves with even chattier Chosen. Hoping for the "Quiet Chosen" mod to be released soon.

On a serious note they added more of everything. And the final install size shouldn't be 60GB, it's just that the way they integrated everything into the campaign, and reworked quite a bit of stuff, the whole installation needs to be patched. And the way Steam handles install and download, that means a huge patch.
  • Hurlshot and Undecaf like this

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3006 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
On a different XCOM note:
I still think Jane Kelly should get her own XCOM spin-off. She has turned out so much more iconic and awesome than any other character in XCOM 2

• Hurlshot likes this

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3273 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Life is Strange - Before the Storm is out now. Already finished that episode. Short as always. Cringey as always. Still emotional and hooked me up. Damn. Now about two months until episode 2.

• SonicMage117 likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Life is Strange - Before the Storm is out now. Already finished that episode. Short as always. Cringey as always. Still emotional and hooked me up. Damn. Now about two months until episode 2.

Imma huge fan of LIS but waiting wil all the episodes are out.. I am not patient when t comes to these types of games.

ridg3back

ridg3back

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Legend of Zelda and Shovel Knight

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3006 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
XCOM2:

Went to defend a resistance haven from an ADVENT attack. While the squad was being briefed on their way there, Central informed us that a Chosen was leading the raid. And he was right. In the immortal words of Admiral Ackbar: "It's a trap!".
Resistance fighters were doing their best to keep their people safe.
And this was no normal raid. The most "rank and file" troop the aliens had send was a Muton. Other than that, a Faceless, three Berserkers, four Chryssalids, and three Codex. And on top of that of course: The Hunter.
The squad rushed to reinforce the resistance fighters. Together they made quick work of the first group of enemies and evacuated half the civilians. But the other half was surrounded and had a Faceless in their midst.
And while the majority of resistance fighters, alongside the XCOM squad took out the aliens, one fighter climbed onto the roof of their shack and started shooting the Chosen. Hit, 6 DMG, rinse, repeat. When the last of the aliens were taken out (4 civilians were killed by a Codex and a Berserker), the resistance fighters rushed the Chosen and caught him in a crossfire.
the Hunter went down without any XCOM operative ever having a chance to shoot in his general direction.
  • Hurlshot likes this

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8553 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Kickstarter Backer

I had a resistance raid early on where the Hunter showed up, and things went sideways fast. I lost a soldier, and 11 out of 16 civilians died. There were no resistance fighters. I did manage to kill the Hunter and hobble through the mission. There were Lost out there too, they actually helped draw some enemy fire.

edit: Mixed up my bad guys. :p

Edited by Hurlshot, 01 September 2017 - 10:03 AM.

• melkathi likes this

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3006 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
You mean Lost ;)

Eumaios

Eumaios

(3) Conjurer

• Validating
  • 121 posts

I bought Sunless Skies on early access.  Much brighter than Sunless Sea, but the bare bones appear to be largely the same.  Always tough for a company to make a sequel that adds something good without changing something else that works.  I have high hopes for it, but I'll probably shelve it until full release.

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3006 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Was in a mission and hacked an ADVENT terminal. As a reward I got to double my research speed. Awesome, since I was researching Plasma Weapons which were an 18 day project or so.
A couple of day later one of the remaining Chosen - probably the Hunter - managed to sneak a saboteur into the Avenger and blow up part of the research lab, cutting my research speed by 50%.
I sent a covert ops team to find a way into his citadel. Blow up my crib? I'll come blow up yours.

Edited by melkathi, 01 September 2017 - 03:14 PM.

• SadExchange and Hurlshot like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

melkathi