GRIMOIRE has arrived

Does it have romance? Asking for a friend

Guys can anyone provide confirmation on this question ?

I think it was announced at  one of last years gaming conventions that it must be mandatory for  every RPG  going forward to have an element of Romance in the interests of realism. It makes sense as Romance\Emotions  is a normal aspect of our physiology so how can you claim its a RPG but not have feelings in your character

IMO they should just make it obligatory as part of the character build phase, this way people will accept it and get use to it  :wub:  :wub: 

I love Romance  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Realistically and without bias, it's the $#ittiest game of the year. It's on sale for $35.99 and it's an embaressment to all the indie industry. Wtf is going on here? It's certainly not a scam but it's just as bad lmao it's so poorly made that it will make you wonder "Why?"

The reviews are abyssmal... The game should have never released but at the same time I'm glad it did, not only to put people's minds to rest but also to finally expose how big of a fail the game reall is. It never even looked decent and finally people can and should move on to something better. This, unlike No Man's Sky, will be forgotten. Only a couple forums like this will continue to talk about this game so thats nothing.

Bugs bugs bugs! Terrible game play, blah blah blah!!!!

Go quality or go home! I wouldn't even get it if it was $5.00 but I guarantee it will be in a few months.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I think you are taking it too seriously (as are too many people on Steam.) It's just some pet project by some weird guy. It fits right in with all the RPGMaker trash that sits on Steam. Of course there are bugs! It's like paying for fanfiction and expecting it to be well-written.

• Like 2

A guy I know from work has been working on a game for almost 4 years now.  The last year has been testing and polish. It's a side view shooter with a ballistic trajectory gimmick, you have to shoot where you think the other players are going to be. It has an inventory and items and skill progression and whatnot but otherwise a pretty simple premise. One guy with an hour to spare a day can't move mountains.

But.. you can decide to be one of the guys who finish rather than the 90% who give up. All it takes is obstinacy. My hats off I hope he learned something, no I will not be buying it.  

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Realistically and without bias, it's the $#ittiest game of the year. It's on sale for $35.99 and it's an embaressment to all the indie industry. Wtf is going on here? It's certainly not a scam but it's just as bad lmao it's so poorly made that it will make you wonder "Why?"

The reviews are abyssmal... The game should have never released but at the same time I'm glad it did, not only to put people's minds to rest but also to finally expose how big of a fail the game reall is. It never even looked decent and finally people can and should move on to something better. This, unlike No Man's Sky, will be forgotten. Only a couple forums like this will continue to talk about this game so thats nothing.

Bugs bugs bugs! Terrible game play, blah blah blah!!!!

Go quality or go home! I wouldn't even get it if it was $5.00 but I guarantee it will be in a few months.

Sup Drog?

True, there is alotta RPGmaker trash and copycat games on Steam but most are $0.99, this selling for $35.99 ($39.99) is a disgrace though.

Sorry if I'm being too hard, this game just gets under my skin, like everything about it.

I've seen 1 man team indies on Steam for $9.99-$14.99 with less time and no contributers put out better games with better writing, a custom engine and more content than this game. So it makes me roll my eyes when I see this game.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

"Realistically and without bias, it's the $#ittiest game of the year. It's on sale for $35.99 and it's an embaressment to all the indie industry. Wtf is going on here? It's certainly not a scam but it's just as bad lmao it's so poorly made that it will make you wonder "Why?""

Nobody can even figure out what you're talking about, since there's never any proof or reasoning, just one hyperbolic phrase after another stoking each other into a self-righteous bonfire.

It's a weird ass one of a kind game by the weirdest guy this corner of the Internet, but Wizardry / etc hypernerds who've played the old demo say that what content there is is actually pretty excellent. So the real question is how buggy it is and how long the content keeps up. (Sonicmage apparently already knows exactly how much 'content' is there.)

We won't know until people have actually played a fair few hours in. Steam "reviews" as usual are full of "OMG ONE STAR COS IT HAS NO ACHIEVEMENTS" vs "OH GOD ITS GREAT".

• Like 1

Played for half an hour so far. I only tried the quick start party while I'm waiting for the manual but the first few enemies I encountered where a tad, say, overtuned. Otherwise it plays a lot like Eye of the Beholder with a different rule set.

I have some issues with scaling cutting off a part of the image (dare I suspect the game actually runs in a 16:9 pseudo old school resolution) and turning in th game world has very strange ghosting or bleedthrough issues. For a moment during the transitioning animation it looks like there are tunnels in solid walls.

The UI is less intuitive than that of the classics. Which is actually quite an achievement and the games most prominent problem for me - I don't have any crashes or techincal issues.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

does it wipe your hard drive when uninstalling

Good old PoR 2... :D

Hm, one of these days I'm going to finish that game. I wonder if I still have my old saves.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

"Realistically and without bias, it's the $#ittiest game of the year. It's on sale for $35.99 and it's an embaressment to all the indie industry. Wtf is going on here? It's certainly not a scam but it's just as bad lmao it's so poorly made that it will make you wonder "Why?""

Nobody can even figure out what you're talking about, since there's never any proof or reasoning, just one hyperbolic phrase after another stoking each other into a self-righteous bonfire.

It's a weird ass one of a kind game by the weirdest guy this corner of the Internet, but Wizardry / etc hypernerds who've played the old demo say that what content there is is actually pretty excellent. So the real question is how buggy it is and how long the content keeps up. (Sonicmage apparently already knows exactly how much 'content' is there.)

We won't know until people have actually played a fair few hours in. Steam "reviews" as usual are full of "OMG ONE STAR COS IT HAS NO ACHIEVEMENTS" vs "OH GOD ITS GREAT".

Well we know that there is 600+ hours worth of content from the dev's mouth ;) Question is how long exactly til that content is really added in to make it the game that long or even worse - since the developer is one of the weirdest guys around, who knows if his definition of "content" differs from the actual definition. Personally, I do have alot of questions but yet no interest in buying the game but I'm not going to believe alot of the naive nonsense going around because I was already right about alot of this game.

Alas, since the game is so bugged/glitched atm after nearly every turn, that's probably going take forever and yet again gives people some false hope of something that's not going to impress. Good luck and kudos to anyone brave enough to live theough the horror of actually playing this game. Much respect to the people who have waited 20 years for this disaster, they are not to blame. It's just a poorly built game, polish isn't the only thing but let's be honest...it needed it alot more than that.

Played for half an hour so far. I only tried the quick start party while I'm waiting for the manual but the first few enemies I encountered where a tad, say, overtuned. Otherwise it plays a lot like Eye of the Beholder with a different rule set.

I have some issues with scaling cutting off a part of the image (dare I suspect the game actually runs in a 16:9 pseudo old school resolution) and turning in th game world has very strange ghosting or bleedthrough issues. For a moment during the transitioning animation it looks like there are tunnels in solid walls.

The UI is less intuitive than that of the classics. Which is actually quite an achievement and the games most prominent problem for me - I don't have any crashes or techincal issues.

Any evidence of Romance?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Any evidence of Romance?
No romance (confirmed by Cleve)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/650670/discussions/0/1471967615845041515/#c1471967615845147980

• Like 1

You write all of that but have no interest in the game? Okay.

There are people who are playing this that are actually enjoying it. I'm not going to get it myself, but your comments aren't very nice, to be honest. Weird developer or not.

You write all of that but have no interest in the game? Okay.

There are people who are playing this that are actually enjoying it. I'm not going to get it myself, but your comments aren't very nice, to be honest. Weird developer or not.

No, you misread my comment.

I have interest in the game but not in purchasing it. I have been following the game for quite some time along with the developer and the community on Steam (which is the community that matters) however, I would never spend my money on it.

On the bright side, the reviews are rising.

The audience seems to be split thus far. Half are happy, half are disapointed and some are angry. I agree that Steam can be the most toxic but since now days the forums are made up equally of Steam, GoG and Origin users I'd say for this particular case the results have been more interesting for me as a reader which is another reason why I love to keep up with the progress of this game.

One thing I can say positively about the game is that I've been enjoying the music thus far. It really gives off a 80's/90's mood but the rest of the game including the art style seems more like something new trying to emulate classic pc games like Wizardry series.

The most interesting thing I find about Steam reviews so far is that there is a nice mix of frustrated emotions from every user that has reviewed it whether positive or negative. Something about the game not having a manual, crashes, an old developer who can't keep up with younger developers, yadda yadda yadda.

Boring. So you haven't played the game, you don't know anything, but some random stuff you've picked up from Steam reviews or whatever blah blah. 

Hoping to fire it up tonight and have a look myself, from folk who've actually played several hours I'm gathering (1) if you liked Wizardry 7 and the like this is pretty awesome, (2) there's a fair number of crash bugs and like so as with any buggy game you might get lucky or not. If Cleve can release the manual soon then at least I can sit around and roll characters for a bit of old school fun.

Edited by Tigranes